WHOS HAD GAS PROBLEMS WITH 10% E GAS

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
flippinfool
Commander

WHOS HAD GAS PROBLEMS WITH 10% E GAS

Post by flippinfool » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:56 pm

:colors: FOUND OUT MY MOTOR PROBLEMS ON MY VMAX WAS CAUSED BY MY FUEL LINE BREAKING DOWN FROM 10% E GAS .HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THESE PROBLEMS ?:colors: :colors: :colors: :colors: :colors: :colors:
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LIVE LIFE DONT LET LIFE LIVE YOU GO FISHIN!!!!!!!!

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

RE:WHOS HAD GAS PROBLEMS WITH 10% E GAS

Post by Marc Martyn » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:49 pm

I've read about this before. It also causes problems with small engines.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:39 am

Please follow ALL Manufactures reccomendations to use Stabil Marine in all marine applicatione to provide proper lubrication and suspention of ethanol to portect your fuel system. There are no marine fuel systems built that can tolerate E10 or greater. Save the headache and $ just get a jug of the green and pour it in each fill.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:51 am

I haven't had any issues with my boat as of yet, gas doesn't normally sit in my tank for any length of time. I've started adding marine grade Stabil this year just in case, it's cheap insurance and brings me peace of mind. My car now is a different story, the turbo charged engine doesn't seem to like what it is being fed. I wish they would bring back the non alcohol premium gas.

mav186
Commander

Post by mav186 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:46 am

The Yamaha gurus strongly recommended either the Mercury or Yamaha brand fuel stabilizer for every other tank (at a min) or every tank if the fuel is not going to be consumed w/in 2 weeks. Therefore I add it to every tank. As others have stated...it's cheap insurance.

flippinfool
Commander

Post by flippinfool » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:06 am

mav186 wrote:The Yamaha gurus strongly recommended either the Mercury or Yamaha brand fuel stabilizer for every other tank (at a min) or every tank if the fuel is not going to be consumed w/in 2 weeks. Therefore I add it to every tank. As others have stated...it's cheap insurance.
the gas was treated upon fill up . i read an article on about a guy who accidently mixed straight unleaded with 10 % and what happened seems similair to whats happening and thats clumping and geling my yama tech had to trace this thing back to the fuel lines which are breaking down from the inside out we thought it was med press filter . the stuff he pourede out of the water seperater looks like lava out of a lava lamp. the fueltanks are being drained right now i am not taking any chances this time. unfortunatly my tech said they did 20 carb jobs last week and that its becoming more of a problem with this new gas . yama owners change your water seperater every 50 hrs and treat your gas every fill up:colors:

Carl762
Petty Officer

Post by Carl762 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:27 am

Somebody told me that Washington gas didn't have the 10%. Is that true? I know here in Oregon, of course, we have it, and although I haven't had it destroy any marine engines, all my garden equipment suffered - lawn mower, weed eater, blower.

I just bought an Evinrude motor with my new sailboat, and I'll certainly not allow that crap to enter my system.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:31 am

All gas has a min. of 10% now.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

flippinfool
Commander

Post by flippinfool » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:41 pm

boat is fixed and runnin great ! i was directed to use star tron enzyme fuel treatment with yama ringfree on every fill up. There was 2 other boats in there with the same problem ,bad fuel lines ! i have never seen gas line do this ,the inner line had seperated from the hose itself and was collapsing shut when i accelarated . the hose was also hard as a rock!

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:33 pm

I recall that when I had a voluntary Coast Guard inspection done on my older tub they checked for ethanol approved fuel lines, they were supposed to be gray instead of black and I changed mine out, fiberglass tanks are a no no as well. In theory the fuel system shouldn't be an issue with today's newer rigs, just the fuel itself. The problem now is separation and water absorption. If you have a high pressure direct fuel injection system water can ruin your day fast!

Boaters don't feel that we are the only folks getting the short end of the stick. The private plane owners are really up in arms about this. At least if your engine conks out on the water your not going to free fall several thousand feet before coming to an abrupt stop!

flippinfool
Commander

Post by flippinfool » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:54 pm

G-Man wrote:I recall that when I had a voluntary Coast Guard inspection done on my older tub they checked for ethanol approved fuel lines, they were supposed to be gray instead of black and I changed mine out, fiberglass tanks are a no no as well. In theory the fuel system shouldn't be an issue with today's newer rigs, just the fuel itself. The problem now is separation and water absorption. If you have a high pressure direct fuel injection system water can ruin your day fast!

Boaters don't feel that we are the only folks getting the short end of the stick. The private plane owners are really up in arms about this. At least if your engine conks out on the water your not going to free fall several thousand feet before coming to an abrupt stop!
these were the new gray lines hard to believe but true!:compress:

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:55 pm

mav186 wrote:The Yamaha gurus strongly recommended either the Mercury or Yamaha brand fuel stabilizer for every other tank (at a min) or every tank if the fuel is not going to be consumed w/in 2 weeks. Therefore I add it to every tank. As others have stated...it's cheap insurance.
Hummmmmm That's strange, Merc sent me a warning and the dealer has the warning posted on wall that state all Merc owners should be using Stabil Marine to protect their fuel systems. That Merc fuel stabilizer must be a new thing. The biggest problem has occured with Outboards. My main power is detroit iron with a carb so I'm not to worried about it but I've been using Stabil Marine for two years now and have had zero problems with the kicker or the main. I just serviced the kicker and the fuel screens were clean. I change the fuel sep. each time I change the oil, every thirty hours

Flippin' I'm not sure what enzyme fuel treatment is going to do for ethanol globbing in the fuel system. Enzyme treatments are to keep biologicals from growing in the fuel system, it's a big probem in diesels. If it were me I think I would stick with a proven product even if it means using it in conjunction with the Yam stuff.
Just my 2 cents........
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mav186
Commander

Post by mav186 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:23 pm

flippinfool wrote:boat is fixed and runnin great ! i was directed to use star tron enzyme fuel treatment with yama ringfree on every fill up. There was 2 other boats in there with the same problem ,bad fuel lines ! i have never seen gas line do this ,the inner line had seperated from the hose itself and was collapsing shut when i accelarated . the hose was also hard as a rock!
Hey Flip...just curious, how old is your motor?

flippinfool
Commander

Post by flippinfool » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:13 pm

mav186 wrote:
flippinfool wrote:boat is fixed and runnin great ! i was directed to use star tron enzyme fuel treatment with yama ringfree on every fill up. There was 2 other boats in there with the same problem ,bad fuel lines ! i have never seen gas line do this ,the inner line had seperated from the hose itself and was collapsing shut when i accelarated . the hose was also hard as a rock!
Hey Flip...just curious, how old is your motor?

flippinfool
Commander

Post by flippinfool » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:23 pm

Bodofish wrote:
Hummmmmm That's strange, Merc sent me a warning and the dealer has the warning posted on wall that state all Merc owners should be using Stabil Marine to protect their fuel systems. That Merc fuel stabilizer must be a new thing. The biggest problem has occured with Outboards. My main power is detroit iron with a carb so I'm not to worried about it but I've been using Stabil Marine for two years now and have had zero problems with the kicker or the main. I just serviced the kicker and the fuel screens were clean. I change the fuel sep. each time I change the oil, every thirty hours

Flippin' I'm not sure what enzyme fuel treatment is going to do for ethanol globbing in the fuel system. Enzyme treatments are to keep biologicals from growing in the fuel system, it's a big probem in diesels. If it were me I think I would stick with a proven product even if it means using it in conjunction with the Yam stuff.
Just my 2 cents........
THE GUY I TAKE MY BOAT TO PRETTY MUCH DEALS WITH YAMA'S EXCLUSIVELY AND I "TRUST HIM" IVE BEEN RUNNIN STABIL ETHANOL TREATMENT ON EVERY TANK AND THIS IS WHERE I AM OK SO IT MAYBE WHAT YOU LIKE BUT THIS IS WHAT IAM TRYIN I CAN AFFORD AND IF IT DONT WORK I CAN AFFORD IT NO PROBLEM OK AND IAM NOT YELLIN IAM JUST LAZY AND I DONT FEEL LIKE TURNIN THE CAPS OFF . BODO FISH I KNOW U AND LUV YA BRO AND NICE LK UNION KING ! LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS IAM UP FOR ANYTHING AT THIS POINT!ETHANOL SUX AND WE ARE JUST GONNA HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT THANK YOU EPA AND BIG GOVT I JUST WANNA FISH !!!!!!!!!!:colors: :colors: :colors: :colors: :colors: :colors: :colors:

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:00 pm

Right on man! ooops. I know that's a tough one to swallow I hope mine doesn't do that.... That ethanol thing started showing up a few years ago when the crap first hit the scene. No one knew what it was causing it till quite a few people got hit. If Stabil is the best according to a bunch of independant test facilities, I can't remember who ran the test, one of the big boating orgs....... if I do remember....... Derrrrrrrr...... If the hoses went bad and you've been using it, I wonder how well it reall works. Which one had you been using, the red or the green. Red is the small engine formula for keeping the gas from varnishing up, the green if for ethanol. Now I'm a bit worried........

Hey come on over and lets hit the river when the salmon hit the fresh! Cold ones, good tunes, good snacks and casting till your arm falls off. It's just like bass fishing except you get to keep a couple for the smoker. :-$ :-$

PS I'd like to know where those fancy imoticons are comming from...... I'd like a dancing banana or maybe just a plain ole smiley face.........

Happy fuzzies and smilies for all........ catch a d@mn fish! =)

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:24 am

Image Image Image
Tom.

Interests: living

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:43 am

AMX are those just little gifs from some where? sharing??........

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:46 am

They are from the car site I'm on once a day, all day, every day, all year. LOL

Just right click, then save to your computer.
Tom.

Interests: living

flippinfool
Commander

Post by flippinfool » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:48 am

Bodofish wrote:Right on man! ooops. I know that's a tough one to swallow I hope mine doesn't do that.... That ethanol thing started showing up a few years ago when the crap first hit the scene. No one knew what it was causing it till quite a few people got hit. If Stabil is the best according to a bunch of independant test facilities, I can't remember who ran the test, one of the big boating orgs....... if I do remember....... Derrrrrrrr...... If the hoses went bad and you've been using it, I wonder how well it reall works. Which one had you been using, the red or the green. Red is the small engine formula for keeping the gas from varnishing up, the green if for ethanol. Now I'm a bit worried........

Hey come on over and lets hit the river when the salmon hit the fresh! Cold ones, good tunes, good snacks and casting till your arm falls off. It's just like bass fishing except you get to keep a couple for the smoker. :-$ :-$

PS I'd like to know where those fancy imoticons are comming from...... I'd like a dancing banana or maybe just a plain ole smiley face.........

Happy fuzzies and smilies for all........ catch a d@mn fish! =)
i love the big letters it make it easy for me ican barely see the small letters and i would love to check out the salmon fishin since i never fished for them . i ll buy the gas and hopefully we wont mess up your fuel system:compress: :cheers: and i like that dancing banana too keep it coming amx:cheers:
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.