Lake Cassidy Duck Eater!

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
fisherman92
Lieutenant

Lake Cassidy Duck Eater!

Post by fisherman92 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:40 am

So I was fishing Sunday on Lake Cassidy when some full grown ducks started freaking out and flying away from shore. One duck wasnt so luck and I saw it struggling for its life rolling around in the water being attacked. At first I thought a monster bass was going after it, but i didnt think a bass would attack a full grown duck. There was a good struggle till something furry with a long tail finally dragged the duck (who stopped quacking) into the bushes never to be seen. I didnt get a good look at this furry beast but Im wondering what it was or if anyone has seen something like this. I know it wasnt a cat or dog. Maybe a mink/otter looking thing, but again didnt get a good look at it. Any guesses??

dutchman2858
Commander

Re: Lake Cassidy Duck Eater!

Post by dutchman2858 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:53 am

Probably a mink--we've seen them there before and they are very effective little killing machines!

Jamesb
Petty Officer

Post by Jamesb » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:21 pm

There is a big beaver been seeing it a lot this year on north end of the lake and yesterday on side by public dock from Centennial trail...he was been slapping his tail a me quite a bit. Just a guess he is more visible this year.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:36 am

Chupacabra?
Attachments
image.jpeg

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:16 am

I'm going with the Chup!!!! Beavers are gnawers like rabbits and they don't eat meat.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

fisherman92
Lieutenant

Post by fisherman92 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:30 am

At first I told my fishin buddy is was a chupacabra! haha thats awesome!