lake pateros bass?

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
uwswimmer
Petty Officer

lake pateros bass?

Post by uwswimmer » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:33 pm

Just curious if anyone has done any bass fishing on the Columbia around the pateros area. I have fished the Okanogan before, but I will be staying in pateros and fishing close to the town. I am not sure where to start. Tubes against the shore along the train tracks is what I was thinking but idk. any help would be great!

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: lake pateros bass?

Post by Amx » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:13 pm

Get a chart from a map store, there is one in Bellevue, it'll show you the contours/depths, shoals, navigation channel. Go from there.
Tom.

Interests: living

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:55 am

A lot of really nice SMB in that area. It is really under fished for both SMB and Walleye, probably due to its distant location.

It should not take too long to figure it out. And yes, the Okanogan river that dumps into the Columbia there is also very good.

Teal101
Warrant Officer

Post by Teal101 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:01 am

Amx wrote:Get a chart from a map store, there is one in Bellevue, it'll show you the contours/depths, shoals, navigation channel. Go from there.
Is there one for the Columbia that far north? All the ones I've found are from the Reach down.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:10 am

Teal101 wrote:
Amx wrote:Get a chart from a map store, there is one in Bellevue, it'll show you the contours/depths, shoals, navigation channel. Go from there.
Is there one for the Columbia that far north? All the ones I've found are from the Reach down.
I have no idea, he'd have to call the map store. Back in the '90s I got only the ones from richland and downstream.
Tom.

Interests: living

tbrinks
Warrant Officer

Post by tbrinks » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:47 am

This should help some. There are a bunch of resources online to get maps or even with a mobile app. I would start by Washburn Island if I was going there, looks like some steep cliff, shallow to the sides as well as two bridges to try.

Nautical Charts

SonarCharts
Spokane, WA
Navionics Sponsored
http://www.tbrinksfishing.com

uwswimmer
Petty Officer

Post by uwswimmer » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:40 am

Thanks for the help guys!