Carp Fishing Around Spokane

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
yunin2005
Angler

Carp Fishing Around Spokane

Post by yunin2005 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:16 am

Hello Everyone. I apologize if this is covered elsewhere in the forum I could not find it. I am in Spokane WA and I really want to do some carp fishing. Can anyone suggest a lake or a particular spot where I would have success? Your help is appreciated.

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Re: Carp Fishing Around Spokane

Post by Anglinarcher » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:06 pm

Newman lake is full of them.

Long Lake (aka Lake Spokane) is full of them.

Roosevelt has some really big ones in the Spokane Arm during the summer months.

Rock Lake has a bunch on the flats, spawning, just South of the launch during the warm periods in May.

I can't stand those fish and know how much damage they do to our waters, so go catch and keep all you can get. I am sure there are a lot more places, but this will get you started.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:19 pm

A few years ago I called MillCreek and the WDFW guy told me to shoot as many carp with a bow as I could and to have fun. It was concerning Lake Samammish, but it's good for any lake with asian carp investing it.
Tom.

Interests: living

yunin2005
Angler

Post by yunin2005 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:06 pm

Thank you folks! I will try to hit up the lakes mentioned. Do they start coming to the shallow water around May? Or is it possible to get them in April as well... I really appreciate the advice.

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:46 am

Two of us shot 25 in about an hour and a half on Newmna Lake a few years back but I haven't seen that many since. Long Lake has a ton of carp. When things warm up you can launch at the old Nine Mile resort that I believe is now a county launch. Once they get going, those dang things get so thick in there that a guy can close his eyes and shoot an arrow in the water and expect to hit one 90% of the time. There is a long flat shallow section right in front of the launch.

Have fun

yunin2005
Angler

Post by yunin2005 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:27 pm

Awesome thank you for the tip. Any places I can get them on Rod and reel? Shorefishing? I am just exploring my options as the boat is not yet ready for the water.

Abomb
Petty Officer

Post by Abomb » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:06 pm

You will not have good fishing for carp until late May early June. You have been given some great advise on lakes though.

yunin2005
Angler

Post by yunin2005 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:47 pm

Is it still too cold for Carp fishing??

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:11 pm

yunin2005 wrote:Is it still too cold for Carp fishing??
I won't say they cannot be caught, but they are pretty tough this time of year. It will depend on each body of water, but normally if the water is less then say about 60 degrees F., tough...... ](*,)