Top water tricks!

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
BassinBomber
Admiral

RE:Top water tricks!

Post by BassinBomber » Thu May 06, 2010 5:38 pm

Amx wrote:Ain't no skill sight fishing.

Ya just sneak up on the bass, jump out of the boat, pounce on the biggie fishy, wrascle/wruscle/wrescle/fight them to the bottom of the lake without drowning, swim back up to the surface and hope the boat hasn't drifted off a half mile in the wind, try to climb back into the boat with the fishie in your arms, after a few tries you let go of the fish, climb into the boat and hope the fishy hasn't swum away, lean over the gunnel, grab the fish without falling out of the boat, jump up and down when you're successfull and hope you don't lose your balance and fall out of the boat, take a picture because nobody will believe you did all that for a 1 1/2 pound Bass.
Image Image Image
HaHa,..2 funny!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

lemagoat
Warrant Officer

Post by lemagoat » Thu May 06, 2010 8:50 pm

Amx wrote:Ain't no skill sight fishing.

Ya just sneak up on the bass, jump out of the boat, pounce on the biggie fishy, wrascle/wruscle/wrescle/fight them to the bottom of the lake without drowning, swim back up to the surface and hope the boat hasn't drifted off a half mile in the wind, try to climb back into the boat with the fishie in your arms, after a few tries you let go of the fish, climb into the boat and hope the fishy hasn't swum away, lean over the gunnel, grab the fish without falling out of the boat, jump up and down when you're successfull and hope you don't lose your balance and fall out of the boat, take a picture because nobody will believe you did all that for a 1 1/2 pound Bass.
Image Image Image
Lmao....that almost happened to me tonight! Was flying solo in my pelican, hit a big fish...over 6lbs where I had caught 5lber sunday, fish jumped 3 times, lost my balance fell down....almost into the drink held on to the pole got up reeled up the slack in the line and fish was gone! arrrggg almost jumped in and went diving for that fish!
Live life, Love your wife, drive a goat, Catch a hog and be happy

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Fri May 07, 2010 4:35 am

Sight fishing bass a few years ago I did go swimming after a monster. Heavy braid was tangled up in heavy cover had the fish snubbed to a limb. Wasn't able to bring the fish up with me however:-"
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Fri May 07, 2010 6:48 am

See. And people think I don't know what I'm talking about. LOL
Tom.

Interests: living

bassmasterderek
Commander

Post by bassmasterderek » Fri May 07, 2010 11:53 am

Phill Smart
Petty Officer

Post by Phill Smart » Fri May 07, 2010 9:09 pm

Team olywho:monkey: Are these guys some pros or something?What is this picnic that is spoke of? ™ImPhil$mart and I am the man ©

Bigbass Dez wrote:
kzoo wrote:
lemagoat wrote: I dont agree at all, There is more to fishing topwater then just throwing it and hoping to get a strike, where to throw and presentation matters. why the slaps on bmd? He is a good guy and good basser. If I misunderstood you I'm sorry.
BMD is a good guy. Glad to see him on the forum again.

I second that Kzoo !! BMD has been around here for awhile and im glad to see that he remembers his WL.com fam !! [thumbup]

Now if i can only figure out a way to get the Olyboyz out to the pic nic this year [blush]

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Fri May 07, 2010 9:25 pm

Phill Smart wrote:Team olywho:monkey: Are these guys some pros or something?What is this picnic that is spoke of? ™ImPhil$mart and I am the man ©

Bigbass Dez wrote:
kzoo wrote: BMD is a good guy. Glad to see him on the forum again.

I second that Kzoo !! BMD has been around here for awhile and im glad to see that he remembers his WL.com fam !! [thumbup]

Now if i can only figure out a way to get the Olyboyz out to the pic nic this year [blush]
just back off bro. hes a good asset to this community. i think i pi**ed him off once but im glad he is back. another knowledge pool.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

skimpy
Commander

Post by skimpy » Sat May 08, 2010 2:42 pm

Phill Smart wrote:Team olywho:monkey: Are these guys some pros or something?What is this picnic that is spoke of? ™ImPhil$mart and I am the man ©

#-o :thumbdown [-(
Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/thatguyskimpy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nik
Lieutenant

Post by Nik » Sat May 08, 2010 7:58 pm

Phill Smart wrote:
bassmasterderek wrote:I can never resisit throwing topwaters and it is never too early for topwater. Got one a zoom horny toad in april at Harts lake. Got one in april of 08' too. And I am already throwin my spook (the funnest bait EVER) just haven't hooked up yet. Can't wait to try the new money hounds I ordered!
I THINK I remember someone saying they were out for good. ...guess good is not forever.Top water is vision bite only...no skill to catch just like sight fishing.I like fishing off shore one foot deep canals or structure that I have worked for instead of blind casting and hoping for luck.
Sweet...a bass fishing snob. Glad to hear you're too good for topwater though, more for the rest of us.

Phill Smart
Petty Officer

Post by Phill Smart » Sat May 08, 2010 9:04 pm

To eat?I have ran into a few of you at the lake and witnessed the real bass assassin.Please catch and release.Yes its your choice.
Nik wrote:
Phill Smart wrote:
bassmasterderek wrote:I can never resisit throwing topwaters and it is never too early for topwater. Got one a zoom horny toad in april at Harts lake. Got one in april of 08' too. And I am already throwin my spook (the funnest bait EVER) just haven't hooked up yet. Can't wait to try the new money hounds I ordered!
I THINK I remember someone saying they were out for good. ...guess good is not forever.Top water is vision bite only...no skill to catch just like sight fishing.I like fishing off shore one foot deep canals or structure that I have worked for instead of blind casting and hoping for luck.
Sweet...a bass fishing snob. Glad to hear you're too good for topwater though, more for the rest of us.