Spawning or not?

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
kickerfish
Petty Officer

Spawning or not?

Post by kickerfish » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:17 pm

Just got back from being in the desert for one year and have been out fishing twice. I have managed to get a 1.5 lb LM on a crankbait. I can not tell if the spawn has already happened or not. I see some beds that look a little old with no fish on them and water temps have been 60-61 degrees. I was told it was warmer for two weeks prior to me getting home. So what is everyone else seeing in Western Washington on our smaller lakes?

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

RE:Spawning or not?

Post by Amx » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:25 pm

Some beds not being used anymore. Some beds with fish on them. Some fish will be spawning over the next month. Don't hassle them too much.
Tom.

Interests: living

kickerfish
Petty Officer

Post by kickerfish » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:52 pm

I am just trying to figure out a pattern. I was fishing a pre-spawn pattern with not too much luck. I just was not looking hard enough for beds so I am not too sure if the spawn is on. I always practice catch and release so no worries on a caught bedded bass. She will be able to return to her bed in minutes, after the picture of course.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:01 pm

Yup. I don't usually go out of my way to look for beds and fish only bedding fish. If I run across a bed I'll usually fish it. I alway realise the fish on the same spot.
Tom.

Interests: living