Lake Roosevelt bank fishing

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
fiznwtrs
Angler

Lake Roosevelt bank fishing

Post by fiznwtrs » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:06 pm

Anyone been down to Hawk creek or Fort Spokane? I have heard a shrimp on a corkie works better than bottom fishing. Also curious if any fish being caught off shore at Hunters or Gifford. Planning on trying some bank fishing soon. I see the Gifford campground is open year round. Might even try for some burbot at night. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...fiz

Jsmooth
Petty Officer

RE:Lake Roosevelt bank fishing

Post by Jsmooth » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:15 pm

Me & some friends hit Fort Spokane under the bridge & had a ball. Power bait , rainbow color was the ticket that day. Other days it was a mallow & worm floted on 3ft leader. Great fishing down there still. :cheers: Gonna hit Porcupine bay next week & see how that goes. Haven't been to that lake much but I just bought a killer map of Rosevelt at white elephant and it shows depth, chanels, sandbars, structure & points out good spots to hit & for what species. I think its the best $5 I ever spent.:thumright Good luck & tight lines!