Rufus Tribal boat launch

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
cornbok
Petty Officer

Rufus Tribal boat launch

Post by cornbok » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:26 pm

I looked at the boat launch on the Tribal side a couple of weeks ago. Never launched there before. Looks quite shallow, and alot of sand there. I've seen ALOT of trucks with trailors there, but they've all been 4x4's. I have a 4x2. Looking for somebody who has launched there before. How do you think I will fare? I know I could go to Bridgeport, but that's a haul I'd rather skip if possible. Thanks!

wolverine
Captain

RE:Rufus Tribal boat launch

Post by wolverine » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:12 pm

The launch between the 2 net pens is very shallow. The bottom is solid, but you have to back waaay out to launch or load anything bigger than a light 16' alum skiff. If you have a bigger boat or a trailer with bunks rather than rollers, the upstream launch at Seatons is where to go.
Life's short - fish hard!

cornbok
Petty Officer

Post by cornbok » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:27 pm

Seatons........ is that the green house lookin place??

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:05 pm

cornbok wrote:Seatons........ is that the green house lookin place??

Seatons Grove is about 5 miles or so past Grand Coulee Dam