soccer fields and fruitstand help?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
goonatic
Commander

soccer fields and fruitstand help?

Post by goonatic » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:35 pm

would someone be willing to show me around the lower end of the puyallup? like how to fish the soccer fields. fruitstand and/or how to access the north leevee area? ive always fished the fred meyer general area and i dont wanna be towed on accident haha

sinkerswim
Petty Officer

Re: soccer fields and fruitstand help?

Post by sinkerswim » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:56 am

Just go drive down there. It's only a few miles of road on either side of the river. Halfway down the river there's a bridge that crosses over to North Levee Rd.
Part of the fun of fishing is exploring and finding new things.

ResQ
Captain

Post by ResQ » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:49 pm

Just follow the crowds. Fish with them, staying on an end and start general chat.

sealegs
Warrant Officer

Post by sealegs » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:32 am

agree with the posts. Be a trailblazer out there and explore. once you recon and then start fishing, things will start to click. Preparation is vital

sealegs
Warrant Officer

Post by sealegs » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:33 am

I am preparing to go down but will see how the crowds pan out..maybe i should give it another week

mizm05
Commander

Post by mizm05 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:01 pm

Soccer fields are probably the easiest area on the lower river to fish. Lots of bank to work with, and even when the water is high, doesn't get very deep...you'll be fine.

toxicavengr
Petty Officer

Post by toxicavengr » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:08 am

I have been down there twice this week and there has only been about 40 people there, coincidentally the fishing is slow too, 1 fish both days for me, but I spent about three hours each time....... it is perfect time to get in there and practice before it gets crazy.

seems like we have had this discussion before. [blink]