Fishing license online Question

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
edge540
Commander

Fishing license online Question

Post by edge540 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:19 pm

Just bought a new license online.

Question:

Item: ANNUAL FRESHWATER LICENSE Amount: $ 27.50

Item: CATCH RECORD CARD 1 Amount: $ 0.00

Item: COLUMBIA RIVER SALMON AND STEELHEAD ENDORSEMENT CATCH RECORD CARD IS REQUIRED Amount: $ 8.25

Item: COMPLIMENTARY VEHICLE ACCESS PASS Amount: $ 0.00

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Order Total: $38.25

Do I need to buy a Columbia catch card? I saw a check box for an "extra catch card" for 12 bucks but dont think it said Columbia. I already payed $8.25 for a Columbia endorsement, do I really need to spend $12 on the catch card? :scratch:

Big D

Re: Fishing license online Question

Post by Big D » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:03 pm

edge540 wrote:Just bought a new license online.
Question:
Item: ANNUAL FRESHWATER LICENSE Amount: $ 27.50
Item: CATCH RECORD CARD 1 Amount: $ 0.00
Item: COLUMBIA RIVER SALMON AND STEELHEAD ENDORSEMENT CATCH RECORD CARD IS REQUIRED Amount: $ 8.25
Item: COMPLIMENTARY VEHICLE ACCESS PASS Amount: $ 0.00
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Order Total: $38.25
Do I need to buy a Columbia catch card? I saw a check box for an "extra catch card" for 12 bucks but dont think it said Columbia. I already payed $8.25 for a Columbia endorsement, do I really need to spend $12 on the catch card? :scratch:
I believe that the first catch record card (Punch Card) comes free with your license although you have to request it when you purchase your license. It's the one that you have to return to the WDFW after every season. Additional (Punch Cards) will cost $12 I’m sure that someone will be along soon to correct me if I’m wrong.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:08 pm

The first punch card is free. Additional punch cards are 12.50. No extra card for columbia, it's the same card. That's a dumb way to word it, but the state don't care.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:09 pm

It's just telling you that you can't fish for steelhead without a catch record card and that the "endorsement" is not a substitute for that card.

edge540
Commander

Post by edge540 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:15 pm

Thanks guys, I hate to get hosed on a technicality. Hope I catch enough fish that I have to buy another card :-"

basser90
Warrant Officer

Post by basser90 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:39 am

We, as outdoorsman, need to remember to turn in our crab and steelhead, salmon catch records or we'll get dinged $10 when you purchase your new licence. I found this out because I didn't turn in summer crab. We have until the end of the month for salmon, steelhead. Don't forget :-"