Cowlitz Help

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
flinginpooh
Captain

RE:Cowlitz Help

Post by flinginpooh » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:18 pm

Bawk Bawk wrote:There are several holes at Blue Creek that contain a lot of snags, but you are going to find them with even the lightest drift gear. I guess the 3 fish I have caught drift fishing eggs were a fluke. I still think glow balling is the most productive way.
Exactly glowballin bc is the most productive. Its not a fluke bawk bawk. Im pointing out that drifting eggs isnt ideal at blue creek is all. There is way too many snags for it and with the whole presentation on the bottom sliding and bouncing it will more then likely result in snagged gear.

Glow balling lightest weight possible to tick the bottom. Depending on water levels its going to very how much lead to use and how far to cast out. Its a river, but because soo many people fish there and loose gear its really gotten bad last few years with snags from bank. Im done cause I dont want to seem like I know what Im saying.
More fish please!

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:36 pm

That brings up another really good point pooh. Last time I was down there I stuffed about 400 yards of trash line into my wading jacket and packed it out with me. The derelict gear in and out of the river both is really really awful down at blue creek if you go down please take some of it out with hou to the garbage, even if it isn't yours.
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:21 pm

O.k., this conversation has gone on long enough. Reasons to suspend at least 2 members for derogatory posts. It is now locked.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:30 pm

And, if you want to start this up again on another thread, Don't!