10 fish limit??

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
rseas
Commander

Re: 10 fish limit??

Post by rseas » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:50 pm

Planter trout? These are are our steelhead that they were not able to release. They want them caught, thus the 10 fish limit. Regarding east side/west side, I believe that these fish originated at the Chambers Creek and Marblemount Hatcheries. It makes sense to plant them in local Westside lakes that have no outlet to the salt.

ridgeratt
Warrant Officer
Location: Working on my stress level, So I'm fishing someplace

Post by ridgeratt » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:54 pm

rseas wrote:Planter trout? These are are our steelhead that they were not able to release. They want them caught, thus the 10 fish limit. Regarding east side/west side, I believe that these fish originated at the Chambers Creek and Marblemount Hatcheries. It makes sense to plant them in local Westside lakes that have no outlet to the salt.
I am aware of the origin of them. If thats the reason then take them to the local food bank where they could be dispersed in a fashion where they folks who could use them get them.

ridgeratt
Warrant Officer

Post by ridgeratt » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:56 pm

rseas wrote:Planter trout? These are are our steelhead that they were not able to release. They want them caught, thus the 10 fish limit. Regarding east side/west side, I believe that these fish originated at the Chambers Creek and Marblemount Hatcheries. It makes sense to plant them in local Westside lakes that have no outlet to the salt.
I am aware of the origin of them. If thats the reason then take them to the local food bank where they could be dispersed in a fashion where the folks who could use them get them.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:57 pm

I only said, "May" have something to do with license sales. I have no idea, honestly.
I just think regardless of where they drop the planter fish... You are living in the more desirable location, at least in my mind.
So much more important things than these soft fish. Not trying to start an argument of course.
How long is your commute to work, and wonder what the cost of housing is?

ridgeratt
Warrant Officer

Post by ridgeratt » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:06 pm

The Quadfather wrote:I only said, "May" have something to do with license sales. I have no idea, honestly.
I just think regardless of where they drop the planter fish... You are living in the more desirable location, at least in my mind.
So much more important things than these soft fish. Not trying to start an argument of course.
How long is your commute to work, and wonder what the cost of housing is?
But then you chose to draw lines in the sand.

Granted my drive time is less and yes the cost of living is less but on the other hand I also don't make the same wage as you do on the west side so that is a mute point.

I'm just pointing out that there are folks on this side could benefit from the plants and the increased creel limits as well.

rseas
Commander

Post by rseas » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:12 pm

My commute; bedroom, bathroom, a quick stop in the kitchen for coffee and then the office which happens to be located in the southeast corner of my house.

ridgeratt
Warrant Officer

Post by ridgeratt » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:21 pm

Rseas

Thanks for sharing!! I think. [scared]

Please no photos attached.

Idstud
Lieutenant

Post by Idstud » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:11 pm

I dont know the logistics of there deciding factor. I do know they have fish hatcheries all over the State of Washington. I would have to say it has to be the location of the steelhead smolt which is on the west side. Its not about drawing lines in the sand East verses West its about the cheapest rout of travel to dispense the fish. Usually they just open the gate and dump these fish into the River Ceek or stream they came out of but now they have to truck them. I wouldnt expect them to truck fish from the East side to the West side or vise verse for that matter. It really sucks that our Steelhead were released in lakes and not the where they belonged.

Idstud
Lieutenant

Post by Idstud » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:15 pm

rseas wrote:My commute; bedroom, bathroom, a quick stop in the kitchen for coffee and then the office which happens to be located in the southeast corner of my house.
I wish I had that commute! Im up at 4am out by 430 just to make my drive to work its normal 30 min verses 45 to an hour. Then its in a big truck and most times I get to sit in the Seattle traffic all morning. Which isnt bad since Im getting paid at that time.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:34 pm

The ways of WDFW are mysterious.....

I don't know that any of us here have an answer as to why. We can guess. I'm guessing it was cheaper to dump them locally, but that's onky a guess.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:05 pm

ridgeratt wrote:So in the infinite wisdom of the WDFW they plant in excess of 300K fish on the westside and increase the creel limits to 10 fish without even a single fish on the east side anybody having trouble with this but ME?

I saw a few years ago where they released a ton of fish in lake sacajewea during a spring break so the westside youth had fish for a spring break but not one fish on this side.

Just another example of why the east side is nothing more than a stepchild and it all is run by the Liberals who look out for my best interest's.
Sprague Lake "over here" got 369,000 of those steelhead plants. :-"

http://www.spokesman.com/outdoors/stori ... o-sprague/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

goodtimesfishing
Captain

Post by goodtimesfishing » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:55 pm

hewesfisher wrote:
ridgeratt wrote:So in the infinite wisdom of the WDFW they plant in excess of 300K fish on the westside and increase the creel limits to 10 fish without even a single fish on the east side anybody having trouble with this but ME?

I saw a few years ago where they released a ton of fish in lake sacajewea during a spring break so the westside youth had fish for a spring break but not one fish on this side.

Just another example of why the east side is nothing more than a stepchild and it all is run by the Liberals who look out for my best interest's.
Sprague Lake "over here" got 369,000 of those steelhead plants. :-"

http://www.spokesman.com/outdoors/stori ... o-sprague/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How did that happen? I thought we all agreed they go to the west side ONLY! [wink]

ridgeratt
Warrant Officer

Post by ridgeratt » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:36 pm

Well looks like I don't have a dawg in this fight. :-" Now I just need to see if the raised the creel limits on Sprague. But from reading the fishing reports sounds you the west side is subject to the same Balkan Friends we have over here as well.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:30 am

ridgeratt wrote:Well looks like I don't have a dawg in this fight. :-" Now I just need to see if the raised the creel limits on Sprague. But from reading the fishing reports sounds you the west side is subject to the same Balkan Friends we have over here as well.
Daily limit has not been raised. Sprague is a lot different than the much smaller King County lakes they were planted in. Angle Lake is 102 acres and Green Lake is 259 acres while Sprague is 1702acres. Not enough food source to support the plants in Angle & Green, and I suspect that was the driving factor behind raising the limit to 10 fish. Not going to be an issue in Sprague and maybe the bass will find them a great addition to their diet. [laugh]
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

W4y
Petty Officer

Post by W4y » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:00 am

ridgeratt wrote:
Mike Carey wrote:
The Quadfather wrote:At the end of the day, you will never know where these people put these fish. BUT, I guess you can tell yourself that the fish are planted fish, PLANTED for the purpose of catching and bringing home.
Yes, sometimes I even look at the "Regulars" on here, and wonder what they do with all the fish they catch. But, it's not for me to question. (Honestly, I'm probably jealous that they are catching so many fish, and have the opportunity to get out as much, etc.)
In my opinion, it's one thing to take a daily limit on a wild run of fish, but I don't really care about how many daily limits of fish someone takes from a WDFW "Stocked" portion of fish.
Those lakes that recently went up to 10 fish limits.. just catch them up. But if you are pulling limits 3x a week from native run fish, like Lake WA. Cutthroat... then I hope those anglers would take a moment to think about their actions.
Well said.
Toni "Hunter Gatherer" - I love it! This is what God intended us to be. As anglers we have a special connection to the earth that people that buy their food at Safeway will never experience. Thank you Toni for summing it up so succinctly. =D>

Still doesn't address why just the west side? Do you think we quit fishing once Halloween passes? Maybe it is because we have roads that are impassable by westside standards?
D'oh! I just realized you mean eastside of the mountains!

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:42 am

I'm just sad inside that these steelhead aren't on their merry way swimming to the ocean. A stringer full of ten steelhead babies makes my soul hurt.

Two Brothers #1
Petty Officer

Post by Two Brothers #1 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:51 am

I also cant catch enough fish, wish there were 10 fish limits close by us. After catching a limit I fillet them all, eat a couple for dinner, vacuum seal the rest for the smoker and try to get out and do it over again. My smoker has 10 large racks so I have to stay at it as often as I can to get a full smoke. Once the word is out after I smoke a load my three adult children and eleven grandkids always show up and good-by fish,( darn it I have to go fishing again ). Life is good, it would be even better with a 10 fish limit.