Reiter Tweekers

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
kzoo
Commodore

Reiter Tweekers

Post by kzoo » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:01 pm

Fished Reiter today on the Hwy 2 side (across the hatchery). Lost a steelhead in the morning and not another bite. Walking to my truck soaked from the rain, the local tweekers paid my truck a visit with a broken passenger window. I had nothing in my truck worth value, they took my storage tote that contained bungees, a couple straps, a flash light and then they took my chewing gum from my center compartment. I spoke to a guy earlier and he said his truck got broken into a few weeks ago.

KEEP NOTHING and I mean nothing in your vehicles.

I hope Karma pays these guys a visit.

flinginpooh
Captain

RE:Reiter Tweekers

Post by flinginpooh » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:03 pm

Tweekers suck.
More fish please!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:44 pm

grrrr. nothing worse than coming back to broken in vehicle. Sorry to hear kzoo.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:01 pm

Karma has already gotten them. They've headed down a path of no return with a couple things soon to come.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Rollin with Rolland
Captain

Post by Rollin with Rolland » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:22 pm

kzoo wrote:Fished Reiter today on the Hwy 2 side (across the hatchery). Lost a steelhead in the morning and not another bite. Walking to my truck soaked from the rain, the local tweekers paid my truck a visit with a broken passenger window. I had nothing in my truck worth value, they took my storage tote that contained bungees, a couple straps, a flash light and then they took my chewing gum from my center compartment. I spoke to a guy earlier and he said his truck got broken into a few weeks ago.

KEEP NOTHING and I mean nothing in your vehicles.

I hope Karma pays these guys a visit.
Yep, my tacoma had the same fate at a launch kzoo. LUCKILY, you had nothing, I can't say the same. BUT, you are absolutely correct.......KEEP NOTHING. Bring it with you or put it in the boat....your rig should be as clean as the day you bought it. sorry man.....my extended cab window was $200, the windshield only $120......wish they woulda went through the windshield.....(not to mention the hotwire job that screwed my dash)
I have caught many fish in my life. The most exciting? The next one.....

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:39 pm

Sorry to hear about that man. Bunch of low life scumbags. I usually hide stuff in my trunk and try to keep things out of site. I've had that happen too, and sucks paying 200-300 just to replace the window.

wolverine
Captain

Post by wolverine » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:58 pm

Whenever I fish that side of Reiter I make arrangements to get dropped off and picked up so I don't have to park my truck along Hwy 2. Over the past 5 years I know at least a dozen people who have had their rigs broken into there. Just looking at the broken glass there makes me angry. A friend came a little early to pick me up and decided to walk down to the river to let me know that she was early. I grabbed my gear and my one fish and we hurried back up the hill. It wasn't 15 minutes and the perps had already broken a side window on her car. Nearly every day someone gets their rig broken into along the Sky. One of these days someone is going to catch them in the act and the meth heads are not going to feel very well after the encounter.
Life's short - fish hard!

datsun
Petty Officer

Post by datsun » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:14 pm

Ive never fished where you guys are talking about but those thieves have to live close if there are constant burglaries. right?

saltyseadog
Commander

Post by saltyseadog » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:23 am

i would just love to catch some one in the act. turn them into the whipping boy:-"
fish on!

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:28 am

saltyseadog wrote:i would just love to catch some one in the act. turn them into the whipping boy:-"
I always wished for the same thing! I'd love to catch these guys.

goodtimesfishing
Captain

Post by goodtimesfishing » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:06 pm

does not seem like it would be hard to catch them in the act as often as it seems to happen there.

Sounguru
Petty Officer

Post by Sounguru » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:06 pm

Too bad rigging a car with c4 is illegal. May loose the car but would be good to know you took a few of the jerks with it.

Break ins are always my worry because a lot of the places I fish the truck is out of site of and a distance from the landing.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:28 am

A long time ago I had a friend that went to ITT Tech, Not sure if it is true our not, but he told me that one of the guys in his class rigged up a remote controlled low DC current for his car, so when someone touched the car, they were stuck to it until he turned the current off. Wouldn't THAT be cool!

Kzoo - next time we go, we can just bring my dog with us, leave him in the cab with a chew bone.
Attachments
DSCF1398_Small.JPG
DSCF1398_Small.JPG (29.42 KiB) Viewed 5925 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:37 am

The shocker would be a neat idea if you felt so inclined to support said tweakers for the rest of their lives, well that is if you were not in prison and able to do so.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:43 am

Bodofish wrote:The shocker would be a neat idea if you felt so inclined to support said tweakers for the rest of their lives, well that is if you were not in prison and able to do so.
Yes, unfortunately today's law favors the criminals. Remember to leave your windows down when you park because if a thief cuts themselves on your window that he/she just broke, then you're liable for a lawsuite. :-#

bionic_one
Captain

Post by bionic_one » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:33 pm

If someone somehow manages to have a knife and comes at you, can you legally shoot them in this state?
Lee

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:47 pm

bionic_one wrote:If someone somehow manages to have a knife and comes at you, can you legally shoot them in this state?
As long as you can prove without any reasonable doubt it was self defense (battle wounds and/or some really really good witnesses), then yes.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big D

Post by Big D » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:04 pm

bionic_one wrote:If someone somehow manages to have a knife and comes at you, can you legally shoot them in this state?
Generally speaking...Yes.
Remember your ladder of force.
When it comes to going to court you will have to prove that you were in fear for your life and that you believed that there was no other way to avoid shooting some one.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.
Fair Winds & Following Seas.
Big D

wolverine
Captain

Post by wolverine » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:19 pm

A few years ago, after fishing, I walked back to my truck and saw another fisherman and a police officer standing next to the vandalized fishermans rig. The fisherman was irate and telling the officer that they need to do a better job in getting the tweekers off the streets and keeping them off. The officer said they were just as frustrated but they didn't have the resources to handle all of the property crimes. The fisherman then said that it was time for some vigilante justice and the next tweeker he saw breaking into a rig was going to get some hot lead. The officer said make sure there are no witnesses and to pick up your spent brass and then walked off.
Life's short - fish hard!

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:39 pm

Bodofish wrote:The shocker would be a neat idea if you felt so inclined to support said tweakers for the rest of their lives, well that is if you were not in prison and able to do so.
True, also it is too indiscriminate. Some poor innocent sucker just happens to touch your rig on the way by and "snag" or what would happen to me is I would forget to turn the thing off and snag myself #-o
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker