Toughest Lake To Fish

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
f1sh1nf00l
Warrant Officer

RE:Toughest Lake To Fish

Post by f1sh1nf00l » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:32 am

Bigbass Dez wrote:Lake washington by farrr !! This is the only lake in this state that will humble some the best sticks floating on water !! :bounce:

I agree with Dez. More specifically, Washington in the winter is absolutely baffling(for bass). You can go to spots that you know hold fish, locate the fish holding to isolated structure in deep water, and throw everything in the tackle box at em, and still come up empty. I've got very little experience on LK WA, so it makes me want to try even harder to figure it out, because it really is a great urban lake.
Good job Dez for at least bringing some fish to weigh in on Saturday! I was out there, and was not so fortunate...

Rollin with Rolland
Captain

Post by Rollin with Rolland » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:03 am

lake samish, whatcom county. sonar is crazy loaded with fish, but after 12-15 times fishing it (probably 60+ hours) i have NEVER even landed a fish. But, alas, i still go back, thinking maybe "today is my day"......

man, i hate that lake. the DEAD SEA as far as i'm concerned. :-({|=
I have caught many fish in my life. The most exciting? The next one.....

HillbillyGeek
Captain

Post by HillbillyGeek » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:54 pm

curado wrote:cassidy. i have caught fish out of it but never trout
Yeah, Cassidy can be hit or miss & you've got to be right on top of the fish because the water is so stained. (Looks like strong tea.)

Lake Stevens is another one that's hit or miss. I've caught several lunkers but have also been skunked plenty of times. Persistent ski boat traffic during the summer months doesn't help... #-o
Piscatory Geekus Maximus

panfisher
Captain

Post by panfisher » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:30 pm

gpc wrote:Well I thought I knew my least favorite lake, until I started reading other post and now I realize I have multiple lakes that I suck at.

Lake WA, not very good at, and I live less than a mile from angle and have fished it my whole life, and have little to show.

I think my worst (off the top of my head) is Evergreen Reservoir in Quincy. I have fished this lake almost anyway you can, Trolling, casting, threw the ice, all night long for cats. You name it, probably spent 100+ hours on that lake with absolutely nothing to show for. Other than a few snagged carp :-$ Anytime Evergreen is mentioned, I get the chills. I literally fished that lake every way you can, for every specie, from winter to fall.

Oh.... and I dont necessarily excel down at the Cow either.......

some lakes are funny like that. this reservoir is my "go to lake" :-" :-$

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:02 pm

I am adding St. Clair Thurston County to my lakes of despair. I have fished there 4 times and have never caught anything, not even a bluegill. #-o
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"One more......."

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:43 pm

Check back into the thread "Lake Fishing Mentors". The list of lakes is growing:thumright

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:46 pm

jens wrote:I am adding St. Clair Thurston County to my lakes of despair. I have fished there 4 times and have never caught anything, not even a bluegill. #-o
Hit me up Jens I will give you some info. I didn't have it nailed down by any means but you will find a few for sure...
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

gian
Warrant Officer

Post by gian » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:35 pm

One of the hardest lakes for me to crack was langlois in king. I lost a LOT of gear on that lake due to all the structure everywhere but it's produced some of the best natural stock trout for me last season. Now it's my favorite lake.
I won't kill anything less than a meal

smokum
Petty Officer

Post by smokum » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:19 pm

Lake Sawyer in King County! Just minutes from home, so many species to fish for,but I can't seem to hook a damn thing with fins.

Perch, crappie, smallies, LMB, trout. So many fish and so little luck.

Hopefully the new thread Marc is starting will help me find a "Sawyer Guru" nand end my misery.
Never let the TRUTH get in the way of a good fish story!!

saltyseadog
Commander

Post by saltyseadog » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:35 pm

iv had a tough time up at beaver lake in skagit county
fish on!

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:49 pm

smokum wrote:Lake Sawyer in King County! Just minutes from home, so many species to fish for,but I can't seem to hook a damn thing with fins.

Perch, crappie, smallies, LMB, trout. So many fish and so little luck.

Hopefully the new thread Marc is starting will help me find a "Sawyer Guru" nand end my misery.
ME ME! Image And Lake Meridian.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom.

Interests: living

smokum
Petty Officer

Post by smokum » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:44 pm

Tom (amx) just sent you a PM from Maple Valley!!!!

Meridian gives me fits too.
Never let the TRUTH get in the way of a good fish story!!

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:51 pm

Sometimes both Sawyer and Meridian will give me fits. All part of the game. I'll read the pm soon, gotta catch up on 3 web sites.
Tom.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:22 pm

the web site won't let me read it

says I don't have permission to enter that area

I hate computers
Tom.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:24 pm

NOW it opens.

Did I mention I hate computers?

Yup, I'm closer to Hobart than to Maple Valley. I might go to Sawyer on Sat. Or next Wed. The only 2 days that the weather seems to be clear. I only fish for Bass, but the perch can bite during the winter. Trout are big in Sawyer. I've caught them in the spring while fishing for bass with crank baits in the shallows.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom.

tmusky1
Lieutenant

Post by tmusky1 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:00 am

Rollin with Rolland wrote:lake samish, whatcom county. sonar is crazy loaded with fish, but after 12-15 times fishing it (probably 60+ hours) i have NEVER even landed a fish. But, alas, i still go back, thinking maybe "today is my day"......

man, i hate that lake. the DEAD SEA as far as i'm concerned. :-({|=
100% in agreement. That lake has so much potential and I personally have seen some HUGE largemouth swimming around. A few years ago I actually hooked in to one only to have my spinnerbait come apart. I've never had that happen but of course it was, after all, Samish.