Duwamish Opener

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Gringo Pescador

Duwamish Opener

Post by Gringo Pescador » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:44 pm

Not seeing any reports, did anyone fish the Duwamish today? How was it? It was a coin toss between the Duwamish and the Snohomish for this morning (Ended up hitting the Sno.) Same decision for tomorrow.. any action down there?
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

tnj8222
Admiral

RE:Duwamish Opener

Post by tnj8222 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:51 pm

i fished the spokane st bridge and it was on fire. i didnt see anybody fishing any higher though.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

Mud Duck
Petty Officer

Post by Mud Duck » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:00 am

Lot's of people and lot's of action.
Attachments
Spokane_St._Bridge.jpg
Spokane_St._Bridge.jpg (237.25 KiB) Viewed 3128 times

driftercn83
Petty Officer

Post by driftercn83 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:05 pm

well there a load of kings in the river but few pinks up by the boeing plant. rain we need rain
An old man once told me that if you stick a worm on a hook drop it over the bank you can feed your self for life. I tried it modified it and geez I am beating them off with a broom now.

" Talking about the way it used to be. Skittley dit dat dow doo day. we used to pull Stripers out of san pablo bay. now the delta waters go down so cal and the stripers faded away.." (Primus)

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:56 pm

I got to the river at 5:15 am and fished it till 6:30 am. Waste of a morning. We saw 3 fish jump and none hooked. Called it quits. Went back at low tide (noonish) and the action was still dead.

But I did drive to Spokane street after both trips to the river, It was slammed. There were cars tripple parked in a no parking zone. My buddy claims to have caught 11 on friday at spokane strret

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:42 pm

If you had a pink jig squid on it
was good. Man I see you got a close up of the snagging king.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

gian
Warrant Officer

Post by gian » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:42 pm

ummm looks fun? #-o
I won't kill anything less than a meal

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:07 pm

I admit, I've fished Spokane Street a few times 2 years ago and had fun. Fun fishing if you can stand the crowd.

But the lack of parking and the mob scene is just too much for me. What a clusterf__k. I'm gonna skip it this year and find more peaceful places.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:16 am

Shad_Eating_Grin wrote:I admit, I've fished Spokane Street a few times 2 years ago and had fun. Fun fishing if you can stand the crowd.

But the lack of parking and the mob scene is just too much for me. What a clusterf__k. I'm gonna skip it this year and find more peaceful places.

Good call, Im with you buddy :thumright

returnofthefish
Captain

Post by returnofthefish » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:57 pm

With all of the hot reports from the Puyallup, I hope that the river bank fishing is not like the spokane st picture,
Catch and Release Wild Trout
Catch and Release Wild Women

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:23 pm

gpc wrote:
Shad_Eating_Grin wrote:I admit, I've fished Spokane Street a few times 2 years ago and had fun. Fun fishing if you can stand the crowd.

Good call, Im with you buddy :thumright
Yeah, been down there to watch the chaos once or twice, but not my thing to participte in. I was thinking up more towards old 99 and Boeing. Sounds like my choice to stick with the Sno for now was a good one. Thanks for the info all!
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker