Pound 4 Pound

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
SPARKY101
Captain

RE:Pound 4 Pound

Post by SPARKY101 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:05 pm

Clear pumped out a smb close to 7 last year whattaya mean you wont beat it...you wont beat ur pb greenie here either haha..you gotta go to the water for that..:-$ WWTD..or WWJD
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:23 pm

Yes smallies fight harder.But aren't they both better then any silver fish... At least you have bass to catch stop bickering:dwarf:
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:29 pm

That's why I only fish for Bass, and have only fished for bass since about 1964. Image
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom.

Interests: living

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:31 pm

A good topic though ... always love the insight from both sides of the debate. Now I just need to catch a smallie to compare to my largie ... LOL.
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

tagwatson360
Commander

Post by tagwatson360 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:54 pm

Good topic, Sparky. I don't think anyone would debate that pound for pound the smallmouth has the largemouth beat in spades as far as the fight is concerned. I agree with Derek that due to the habitat in which the largemouth typically resides, this evens the playing field a little. Both are fun in their own unique way.

Trust me, BMD, you can beat your PB smallmouth at both Black and American. Both bodies of water harbor plenty of 5+ lb. fish. Good luck!
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noxcape
Petty Officer

Post by noxcape » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:02 am

my vote is for smallies man come on nothing like there fight
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:42 am

I recently landed a 4+ LMB and a day later landed a 2.15 SMB- There is no doubt in my mind a SMB is the better pound per pound fighter. I caught both fish on 8lb Fluorcarbon and same stick. My reel sings quite a lot more when I am fighting a SMB versus LMB also. In past battles, I have had a 4+ SMB snap my line and had only 1 LMB snap my line, but this LMB was close to 8+. SMB, nuff said, but a big Bluegill could be qualified as a brute of a fighter pound per pound.
"One more......."

Cman2007
Warrant Officer

Post by Cman2007 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:46 pm

there no doubt smallie fight harder pound for pound ...........but im more about the catch than the fight id rather have a 8+ large mouth on i dont care if i useing 65lb braid and horse it into the boat but that just me :-"
Clark Korper 16 yrs old
Auburn Sports & Marine
G.Loomis/Shimano

Bass Member
FLW Member
TBF Member

EAT.SLEEP.FISH

bassmasterderek
Commander

Post by bassmasterderek » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:04 pm

Cman2007 wrote:there no doubt smallie fight harder pound for pound ...........but im more about the catch than the fight id rather have a 8+ large mouth on i dont care if i useing 65lb braid and horse it into the boat but that just me :-"
Amen!!!!:cheers:

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:31 pm

bassmasterderek wrote:
Cman2007 wrote:there no doubt smallie fight harder pound for pound ...........but im more about the catch than the fight id rather have a 8+ large mouth on i dont care if i useing 65lb braid and horse it into the boat but that just me :-"
Amen!!!!:cheers:
And again I say "Amen",..the fight from a SMB of any size is great,..as for me,..Greenies all the way,..they are much more elusive and allot more fun 2 catch because of the variety of methods one can use,..granted SMB can be caught in many ways also,..but for me they are just a plain "ugly-fish",..HaHa,..the LMB is a beautiful specimen,..even the dinks,..I know for many this may not be a reason 2 choose the LMB over the SMB,..but cosmetically speaking the LMB looks much more appealing than the SMB,..JM2Pennies!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:24 am

Hay joe where you going with that rod in your hand."Going down to rev rig at the local lake....You think of yourself as a LMB dont ya ;-) thats why you LOVE so much..You need a swede hug huh..take care
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/