"Wireless" Trailer/Towing Lights

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
nam67usmc
Angler

"Wireless" Trailer/Towing Lights

Post by nam67usmc » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:29 am

Has anyone else used "wireless" trailer/towling lights?

I purchased a set at Pepboy's auto parts store a couple of months ago for 149.00 and I must say they work pretty darn good. I used them on my boat and utility trailer last week and to pull my car behind my RV last month. You can strap them on or use the magnetic mounts on the bottoms. All you have to do is plug the transmitter into your towing vehicles trailer wiring plug and then mount the lights on your trailer or car. The transmitter then sends the brake - turn signals and running lights information to the wireless tow lights. Total hook up time for me was less then 1 minute. I will let you know in a couple of months how they are working out.

Let me know if anyone else has a set of these..

P.S. I also found these same lights on the JCWhitney.com and WirelessTowLights.com web sites for those of you who do not have a Pepboys close.

jf0
Petty Officer

RE:"Wireless" Trailer/Towing Lights

Post by jf0 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:26 am

Seems a little spendy, but I may actually look into it because I am constantly fighting my trailer lights and wiring.

Also not impressed at all with the battery life!
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

DougShields.com
Petty Officer

Post by DougShields.com » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:11 am

One of my fishing buddies installed a new brake system on his trailer and he also went with the wireless system. He had me drive from Davenport to Nespelem for our fishing at Rufus Woods. It worked great! One trip and new, so you are right to report back later with some history behind it. My memory will be tested to do the same. :cheese:

nam67usmc
Angler

Post by nam67usmc » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:26 am

Hi figure if I purchase one set of AA Lithium batteries for the towlights and I only use them for my boat and fishing; at 30minutes to the lake and 30 minutes back thats 24 trips or 24 hours constant running time on the batteries. I think I could get by on one set of batteries per fishing season..

nam67usmc
Angler

Post by nam67usmc » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:21 am

I just found these same LED wireless tow lights on the U-Haul and Sears web sites. Here are the links below if anyone is interested...

U-Haul: http://store.uhaul.com/Wiring__lights/T ... Mounts_Set

Sears: http://auto.sears.com/Product.htm?catal ... Id=2013751

nam67usmc
Angler

Post by nam67usmc » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:52 am

Hello Everyone,

My brother recently went into a "Northern Tool" store in Minnetonka MN. and found that they are also selling these Wireless Tow Lights in there stores. For the heck of it I checked on line and found that Northern Tool is also selling the wireless tow lights on there web site too.

Here is Northern Tools web site for anyone interested..

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/ ... _200322945