WashingtonLakes.com Bass/Trout Fishing Derby

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
fishnislife
Admiral

RE:WashingtonLakes.com Bass/Trout Fishing Derby

Post by fishnislife » Mon May 11, 2009 6:22 pm

Mike Carey wrote:YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!

We have decided to reschedule this year's Derby/BBQ event to July 19th (Sunday).

The reason for the rescheduling is we have just not seen the numbers of anglers commit that we had hoped to see. I unfortunately did not realize back in the fall that the 23rd was Memorial Day weekend, and I think that is having a dampening effect on numbers of people able to commit. So my apologies for the poor scheduling to start with.

Anyone that has submitted an entry form and check will have it returned to you.

The July 19th event will be the same - Bass and Trout derby followed by awards and a WL.com BBQ event. On the plus side, the weather will be much nicer and the park won't be quite so crazy. This date is actually the same as last year's WL.com picnic.

We will modify the entry forms and start asking for members to submit their paperwork so we can have a good idea of numbers attending.

Thank you all for your understanding, and again, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

So everyone knows what is going on, I'll carry Mike's message through to this page.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Tue May 12, 2009 7:43 am

I think another thing that may help on confirmed participants is the ability to pay the entry fee online using PayPal or something similar. Both I and my son are still a go for July. Looking forward to an awesome event!
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Tue May 12, 2009 7:44 am

Aaarrrggg. Fine. :) I'll come up with an online payment method.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
2012 Tohatsu 8hp 4-stroke
Minn Kota Terrova #80 i-Pilot
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Traxstech Fishing System

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Tue May 12, 2009 9:03 am

July 19th is doable for me and my boat way better then May.I'm sorry to get into this so late but I knew by May 23 I'd still be in stitches.Please count me in and tell me how to get a form. Thank you in advance.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Tue May 12, 2009 9:09 am

Big Race you BBQing Mutten chops???????:cyclopsan #-o :tongue: 8-[

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Tue May 12, 2009 11:41 am

Hmmmmmm... Not a bad idea there Swedster.The sweet aroma of lamb cooking on the barbie,using a nice grapewood for flavoring.Lots of garlic and pepper and I'm good to go.WOOOOOOoooo.I prolly wont do lamb that day.(do=cook).Itll be summer a lil late for primo lamb.Most likely do up the pork ribs with my secret rub.Im not sure July is a long ways away yet.Swede I could get some Cabra for you.(cabra =goat)Not a Baaaaaaad Idea.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 12, 2009 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Tue May 12, 2009 12:00 pm

can someone please bring a bag of Cool ranch Doritos !! [-o<

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

AdsBot [Google]
Commodore

Post by AdsBot [Google] » Tue May 12, 2009 4:28 pm

Count the Stampster out! The salt beckons me to chase the King opener.

bassmasterderek
Commander

Post by bassmasterderek » Tue May 12, 2009 5:02 pm

#-o Was gonna miss it in May couldn't go because it was during one of my tournaments. Now it's changed to July 19th.....during another one of my tournaments! AAARRGGHHHH!:scratch:

Well anyone that hasn't gone to this before I had allot of fun last year! Everyone in charge of putting it together did awsome and really wish I could make it this year! I wish you all tight lines!:salut: And happy tummys[-(
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 12, 2009 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue May 12, 2009 6:49 pm

stampie wrote:Count the Stampster out! The salt beckons me to chase the King opener.
Catch your limit by 8am and wander over for the BBQ :-)

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Tue May 12, 2009 7:26 pm

Sparkadelic out..have riffe tournament..it will be a newr lake at the time for the month of prefishing a couple weekends prior to the 19th....so have fun ladies and gents..tightlines
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Tue May 12, 2009 7:52 pm

Hey all - With all the talk about the tourney, I just thought I'd throw this out there as a reminder...

Keep in mind that the $10 entry fee is for the tourney ONLY - There are two events in one here - the tourney and the BBQ. The BBQ is cash free - just bring a dish and your in!:thumleft:

Don't want to do the tourney, just want to come down and fish a little - GREAT:cheers:

Cannot make it for the whole day, but want to bring your award winning lutefisk to share for the afternoon - FANTASTIC:chef:

Would rather grab a Big Mac on the way to the lake than risk eating a burger provided by a bald Norweigen who goes by the name "Gringo"? NO PROBLEM:alien:

Bottom line is there is more than the tourney goin on - It is a great chance to put some faces to names, win a few prizes, have some fun, and if you are like me and have never entered a tourney it is a great chance to see how it works - either by entering or watching from the sidelines while munching on a hot dog and some potato salad.=p~
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

f1sh1nf00l
Warrant Officer

Post by f1sh1nf00l » Mon May 18, 2009 7:12 pm

Are the new entry forms available yet? I've got some buddies I think I can coerce into making it out. Not all of them fishermen, but it sounds like a pretty enjoyable day on the lake.