WashingtonLakes.com Bass/Trout Fishing Derby

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
fishnislife
Admiral

RE:WashingtonLakes.com Bass/Trout Fishing Derby

Post by fishnislife » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:40 pm

ONE MORE THING - I am lookn for a couple of WL.com characters to help us out during the derby. This would be in the morning before blast-off and after the weigh-in. You will not miss out on any fishing time.

Hit me up by PM if your interested.

Get the word out too! This is an OPEN derby, so anyone can enter. Tell your friends, neighbors, class-mates, co-workers.....etc. What a way to spend Memorial Day Weekend. Fishing, with a chance at big bucks and gear.
I can guarantee that everyone will walk away with something.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:40 pm

Looks like it'll be a great event. Unfortunately I can't make it (again) but am hoping that ya'll get a good showing of old and new members and get into some nice fish.

Thanks to all who have put in the work to make this event possible and sponsored this derby/site...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:31 pm

How many boats are u allowed for the open.Is there not a limit..or so many boats per acre?
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:59 am

No limit at this point. If we see things going crazy we may have to close registration, but no worries so far. Forms to follow...

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:23 am

flippinfool wrote:IAM SLEEPING IN MY TRUCK
Do you sleap at the launch often? :scratch:

When I passed by there the other morning about 5:00 am, there was a white truck w/boat already sitting at the gate waiting to get in.

flippinfool
Commander

Post by flippinfool » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:46 am

RaMcVey wrote:

When I passed by there the other morning about 5:00 am, there was a white truck w/boat already sitting at the gate waiting to get in.
that wasnt me my rig is blue but i have done that.youve never done that at tapps ha ha. RaMcVey are u showin up at the derby? i hope u dont ride me about the brisket crockpot idea.#-o #-o #-o
LIVE LIFE DONT LET LIFE LIVE YOU GO FISHIN!!!!!!!!

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:09 am

flippinfool wrote: That wasnt me, my rig is blue but i have done that. youve never done that at tapps ha ha. RaMcVey are u showin up at the derby? i hope u dont ride me about the brisket crockpot idea.#-o #-o #-o
No, I dont recall ever sleaping at the launch. But... I do pace around the house at 4:00am wating for the familty to get up so we can get to the launch.

I promise not to ride you about the crocked brisket, if you dont tell anyone that I've done BBQ ribs in the crock :-$ :cheers:

YES, We WILL be at the WaLake.com Trout/Bass Derby. :thumleft:
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

flippinfool
Commander

Post by flippinfool » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:44 am

RaMcVey wrote:
flippinfool wrote: That wasnt me, my rig is blue but i have done that. youve never done that at tapps ha ha. RaMcVey are u showin up at the derby? i hope u dont ride me about the brisket crockpot idea.#-o #-o #-o
No, I dont recall ever sleaping at the launch. But... I do pace around the house at 4:00am wating for the familty to get up so we can get to the launch.

I promise not to ride you about the crocked brisket, if you dont tell anyone that I've done BBQ ribs in the crock :-$ :cheers:

YES, We WILL be at the WaLake.com Trout/Bass Derby. :thumleft:
right on man ill see you there and i pace around too waiting Wake UP THE TRUCK IS LEAVING WITH OR WITHOUT YOU!:-" :-"
LIVE LIFE DONT LET LIFE LIVE YOU GO FISHIN!!!!!!!!

FishHead
Petty Officer

Post by FishHead » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:15 pm

Sounds great see u all there!
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:18 pm

Here are links to download the rules, entry, and flyers for the Derby!

Registration Forms and Rules can be printed Here:

2009 Lake Sammamish Derby Rules

2009 Lake Sammamish Derby Signup

Would you like to help use promote the event? Just print out this flyer and ask to have it posted at your favorite tackle or boat store. Thanks!

2009 Lake Sammamish Derby Flyer

Thanks to the following Sponsors of the Event:

TTI-Blakemore Fishing Group - Home of the Roadrunner, Mr. Crappie, Daiichi Hooks, Bleeding Bait Hooks, Reel Magic, and much more!

WestCoastCustomTackle - Local manufacturer of high quality custom poured bass baits. These are great plastics!

FishCreekSpinners - One of the most innovative spinners I have ever seen. Definitely a classic trout spinner!

Aqua-Scent - Maker of the Fish Tickle line of scent tabs. See our Jefferson Head Blackmouth video to see it in action - and catching!

Yakima Bait Company - Maker of Worden Lures, such famous names as Roostertails, lil Corky, Spin-N-Glo, and more. Another great Pacific NW tackle producer!

www.BulletWeights.com - Bullet Weights is one of the largest sinker manufacturers in the world and is reported to have the largest selection of fishing sinker products in the marketplace.

More Coming - these sponsors are all contributing to our prizes and angler gift packs that you'll receive at Derby Day check in.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:56 am

Alright, forms are up. Get signed up today and your entrance fee mailed in by May 20th.

I just want to clarify a couple of things in the rules:

All bodies in a boat must be entered into the derby, no exceptions.

Everyone is responsible for having a valid Washington State Fishing Licence.

Check in starts at 6am when the gates open at the boat launch. Drivers meeting at 6:10 and blast off is at 6:30. Weigh-in starts at 3:30 at the park.
We will weigh at the beach and from there boaters can choose to park their boat at the beach for the Awards, Casting Contest and BBQ or pull out at the launch and join us over in the park.

On a side note:

We are open for ideas on side dishes if you want to contribute to the BBQ. Post up here if you are willing to bring something.

I am still looking for 2 more members who can help out in the morning before blast off and during the BBQ. Please let me know.

If you know of anyone or a business who would want to be a sponsor in this event contact Mike or Myself. And this doesn't have to be limited to just fishng stuff. We have some great sponsors right now and we just don't want to limit ourselves and have someone miss out on a great opportunity to get free advertising.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:09 am

Swedebonics could bring the Nord que:chef: :cyclopsan and drop in some teasers ling, butts, salmon, and more to get things a cooking if it was big game I would crawl in but any support for some custom BBQ goodies the Fish truck would show plus I could pass out some goodies for others from doing.

I also have a better then fair hot link and bun combo:chef: :cyclopsan that could put a fire in the hole:shaking2: :scratch: I just have to make sure the dates all work with the path coming

Fish on!!!
Attachments
j.jpg
j.jpg (101.26 KiB) Viewed 2923 times
Coho_and_tina-2.jpg
Coho_and_tina-2.jpg (77.58 KiB) Viewed 2931 times
j.jpg
j.jpg (101.26 KiB) Viewed 2931 times
racefish.jpg
racefish.jpg (117.12 KiB) Viewed 2933 times
1a.jpg
1a.jpg (154.79 KiB) Viewed 2933 times

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:13 am

Sounds good Swede. Keep me in the know. I think everyone would enjoy a tasty morsel that the swede has to offer.

fishnislife

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:41 am

flippinfool wrote:
RaMcVey wrote:

that wasnt me my rig is blue but i have done that.youve never done that at tapps ha ha. RaMcVey are u showin up at the derby? i hope u dont ride me about the brisket crockpot idea.#-o #-o #-o
Hey Flip,..just found out we'll be there with ALL the Fam-Bam from Cali coming up for the weekend!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:12 pm

Hey BB glad to see you and fam can make it .. Im not sure yet but there is a good chance i might be there also ..:^o

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:44 am

Bigbass Dez wrote:Hey BB glad to see you and fam can make it .. Im not sure yet but there is a good chance i might be there also ..:^o
Hope so Dez,..be good 2 spend the day with you BS'n and all! BF said he'd be there 2!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:39 pm

BassinBomber wrote:
Bigbass Dez wrote:Hey BB glad to see you and fam can make it .. Im not sure yet but there is a good chance i might be there also ..:^o
Hope so Dez,..be good 2 spend the day with you BS'n and all! BF said he'd be there 2!

BB

WHAT BF IS COMING ! im there , i had a tourney planed but im droping all that to come kick it wit the boyz ! !

Now BB when you say "BS'N" Do you mean bass snatching ! be sitting ! bait stealing ! ..ooo heck this is a bunch of BS , i'll see ya there bro ! :clown:

BBD

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

mav186
Commander

Post by mav186 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:56 pm

Mike,
Perhaps I would be willing to open my boat up for 'Kids Who Need A Ride' if the demand is there.
Of course I don't know if it would be possible, logistically or legally, but maybe we could consider it?
We would have to take a good look at the risks...but it might be something to consider...I don't know.
Let me know what you think. :-k

Mav

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:28 pm

It's your call. Kids under 18 will need to be with an adult though. This event will be a bit different from last year's in that regard, due to the liability issue. Boaters will have to have boating insurance as well as sign a waiver for the event.

mav186
Commander

Post by mav186 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:00 am

Mike Carey wrote:It's your call. Kids under 18 will need to be with an adult though. This event will be a bit different from last year's in that regard, due to the liability issue. Boaters will have to have boating insurance as well as sign a waiver for the event.
To All,
What do the rest of you think about this?