GOALS AND GEAR FOR 2009 :

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Bigbass Dez
Admiral

GOALS AND GEAR FOR 2009 :

Post by Bigbass Dez » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:36 am

I started this thread last year and it went really well , Alot of guy were honest and shared there thoughts as to what changes and improvements they plan to work toward for the entire year .. I recall two of my goals were to get better with my baitcaster and fish my jigs more often . Well just so you all know, my biggest Smallie (5lb) last year came on a Jig while using my baitcaster :cheers: ..I find with anything we do in life , if you make goals or plans of your own a "priorty" and focus on working towards it positive results will come from that without question in most cases ...So with being said this year my personal goal will be to focus on spending 80% of my time on most bodies of water fishing "off shore structor" ..Im tired of "beating the banks" through out the year and wondering if another angler has already beat me to my favorite docks , shorelines , etc .. So I figure if i can take to time and really study the surrounding lakes finding new lay downs , rock piles , sunking bush etc . in different depts away from shore this will give me oppertunity fish less pressured waters ..

So there ya have it , let all do as we did last year and chat this out ! make it your plan for 2009 and also share your results from last years goals !! this is always fun and helps to benifit everyones skill set on the water ...

Thanks in advance ..
BBD :thumright

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:GOALS AND GEAR FOR 2009 :

Post by kevinb » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:04 pm

My bass goals are simple....I think.
I just want more bass trips than last year,hook up with fellow anglers from here.
Wouldn't mind getting a few folks together and hitting Silver(Cowlitz) Havn't been there in a couple years.
I'd love to hook a hawg lmb and a smallie at 5lb +.

I'll probably burn the cranks mostly, the x-rap was by far my best producing lure of '08
Caught tons of smallies and lmb's with it but want to expand more and try working with
plastics too.
Good luck in 2009 everyone :cheers:

WCCT
Lieutenant

Post by WCCT » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:29 pm

Great thread Dez! My goals for the upcoming year include:
1. Getting better on offshore fishing like Dez said. If you want to compete with the best tournament guys around here, it is a must.
2. Being more consistent in tournaments. My goal is always for a top ten finish.
3. Learning not to lean to heavily on my prefishing success, because it seems like when I have a good prefish for a tournament, and things don't go the way they were planned come tournament time, I tend to stay in those spots a little to long.
4. Selling a ton of baits!!!!!:-"
PowerTeam Lures Pro Staff
[http://www.powerteamlures.com/?Click=2818]

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:49 pm

Very first thing is to install my new lowrance FF.

Second is to get on the trophy thread.

Third try to fish as much as I can, maybe enter a tournament, this summer will be very busy due to work so I need to get as much fishing done by April.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:08 pm

1. Like Kzoo, I got a FF install goin myself. Interferance issues I need to get figured out, then I can start learning the sonar unit more effectively. Also got a Navionics card as an anniversary gift, see if that helps me on the water.
2. I would like to do well in my Club tournaments, and any open tournaments I may enter as well.
3. I would like to catch many fish on swimbaits in 2009, make my spending seem worth it :cheers:
4. Catching a new PB Largemouth, and a Smallie over 5 would be nice too.
5. Have a Fun and Safe year, and maybe help a few in the process.
aka Powerworm

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:52 pm

Seems like the off-shore fishing is a must and its so much fun..so that would be 1 for me to do better also
2.Joined CCBC so hope i do the best i can and just have patience and keep the head clear and learn learn learn to be more versatile in both species of BASS
3.Meet more members
4.Hold 5 5#bronzies"yes i know its a bit much isnt it"but a goal is a goal hehe
5.Fish more than i did last year and post up a new PB in the trophy section..smb to beat 4.10 lmb 5.0
Have a fun and safe year fishing and tight lines all..:cheers:
6.Buy a newer to me bass boat like the bass cat at www.twistedsteelcycles.net can i say sweeeeeet
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

Ditch Pickler
Lieutenant

Post by Ditch Pickler » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:56 pm

1. G3 bass boat "17th" :thumleft:

2. Lowrance 522c "17th" :thumleft:

3. 8lb+ LMB "WA"

4. 10lb+ "LMB "CA"

5. 5lb+ Smallie! "WA"

1. and 2. is not a problem, since it only takes $$$ to get those...

3. 4. and 5. ill have to put in my time and patience!
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My only enemy is my inner me -Lupe Fiasco

You can take the angler out the Hood,but you can't take the Hood out the angler! -basstradamus

bassmasterderek
Commander

Post by bassmasterderek » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:16 pm

1. 5+ Smallie
2. Catch my first swimibait bass
3. Place in top three in at least one club tourney
4. Fish more lakes and more often
5. More WL members outings!
6. Use that nice brand new digital camera the wife bought with dust on it instead of my camera phone!

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:58 pm

1. 4# LMB
2. Meet and fish with WL members
3. Learn from the WL members I fish with
4. May sound like I am a novice but I am so here is a handful ... Catch a bass on spinnerbait, buzzbait, jig, & frog
5. Enjoy my time on the water just as much as I enjoyed it last year
6. Fish 5 new lakes
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:11 am

Last year was huge for me as far a Bass fishing - My only goal was learn, and boy did I! Went from no bass specific gear to being pretty well loaded (Thanks to the WL.com Classifieds and forum advice). Went from never catching a bass on purpose to picking up multiple small & LM up to 4#. You guys opened up a whole new world for me - awsome, thanks!:thumleft:

For 2009:

5# SM & LM
Hone my topwater frog skills - had 4 hits last year, only got 1 to hand - but loved the hits!
Picked up a couple swim baits, learn how to fish-em.
Try some new lakes.
Fish with some of you "Gurus" out there.
All my bass so far have been caught from the bank or my lil pontoon. I would like to catch a bass from an actual boat.. of course, not owning a boat limits me greatly so I will need to beg my way onto someone elses:-"
Generally improve my presentations and add to my confidence level.

Good luck to all out there!:cheers:
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:49 am

Big mistake posting that Sparky. You better buy that before I do #-o
aka Powerworm

Ditch Pickler
Lieutenant

Post by Ditch Pickler » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:52 am

SPARKY101 wrote: 6.Buy a newer to me bass boat like the bass cat at www.twistedsteelcycles.net can i say sweeeeeet
i was gonna buy the 18' avalanche from him. But i dont have a big enough spot to store it!!!

You can take the angler out the Hood,but you can't take the Hood out the angler! -basstradamus

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:02 pm

Do more fishing for LM , Northerns and Tigers with my fly rod. Hope to hit Newman, Hauser, Silver and Chatcolet.

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:05 pm

Hey CB you buy it for me haha...Man i drool over that boat..Trying to explain to the wife its a single console because its a family boat more room for her and the baby:-$ [-o< ...Basstradamus the avalanche is very nice to..you should build something bigger to store it:cheers:
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

Ditch Pickler
Lieutenant

Post by Ditch Pickler » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:36 pm

Once i get into a big house ill buy a bigger bout. The G3 im getting is more than i need since i fish by myself!!!

Rollin with Rolland
Captain

Post by Rollin with Rolland » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:16 pm

Alright...I have ONE goal as far as bassin' goes.....

get at least ONE decent (that's right, I'm not greedy, all I need is one) smallie outta Lake Whatcom. Was on that lake probably 8 times this past year, and virtually zero bass (one dink near the launch).

It's really great to get on a lake that is totally out of your element. This was the first year I fished Whatcom. And only second year for WA bass. Learning new lakes, tech., and strategies is great.....variety, the spice of life.
Come on Whatcom smallies...[-o<
I have caught many fish in my life. The most exciting? The next one.....

tagwatson360
Commander

Post by tagwatson360 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:12 pm

[quote="Rollin with Rolland"]Alright...I have ONE goal as far as bassin' goes.....

get at least ONE decent (that's right, I'm not greedy, all I need is one) smallie outta Lake Whatcom. Was on that lake probably 8 times this past year, and virtually zero bass (one dink near the launch).

It's really great to get on a lake that is totally out of your element. This was the first year I fished Whatcom. And only second year for WA bass. Learning new lakes, tech., and strategies is great.....variety, the spice of life.
Come on Whatcom smallies...[-o&lt]

There are smallies in Whatcom?
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JWerner
Warrant Officer

Post by JWerner » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:08 pm

Goals for 09:

Tech Goal: I picked up a Humminbird 997 along with a digital camera. So a goal is to find and record a lot of (hopefully) unknown underwater cover and structure.

Equipment: Work more with different 6" hardbait swimbaits as well as 7" worms for the largemouth. I had a great year last year using hard jerkbaits and improving there would be nice too.

Fish wise I'd like to boat ten smallies at 5 pounds or more. and break the 6 pound mark. I landed seven at 5 pounds or more in 08, but none over 6. I'd also like to get 5 largemouth 7 pounds or higher.

Crumb
Petty Officer

Post by Crumb » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:17 am

tagwatson360 wrote:
Rollin with Rolland wrote:Alright...I have ONE goal as far as bassin' goes.....

Come on Whatcom smallies...[-o&lt]

There are smallies in Whatcom?
I knew those pics were taken in Kentucky! :rabbit:
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:21 am

#1. Bass-Boat

#2. Shatter my PB on SMB/LMB==4.3 SMB 5.15 LMB. Get on the "Trophy Board"

#3. More Tourneys

#4. Bass more waters

#5. Bass with more WL'ers

I think my list is attainable for me and I should do well with it!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"