Lake Union Houseboat Fishing

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
mgrenley
Angler

Lake Union Houseboat Fishing

Post by mgrenley » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:20 pm

Hey All,

I'm brand new to this forum and site but thought you'd all be the perfect people to ask...I just recently rented a houseboat (floating home) in Lake Union, right along Fairview Ave (east shore), and was wondering if anyone out there has any experience fishing off of one.

My back desk faces South and I could drop line off the deck into the ~20ft wide channel that runs between my dock and the next dock/row of houses South of me...I have grand plans of whiling away my weekends from my deck with rod and drink in hand...any suggestions to make this scenario any more successful would be greatly appreciated...I have never fished Lake Union but from some of the reports here it sounds like Crappie is the thing to be chasing.

Look forward to hearing from any and all of you...

Thanks,

Mud Duck
Petty Officer

RE:Lake Union Houseboat Fishing

Post by Mud Duck » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:36 pm

Here's a fishing report by Slabking in Lake Union,might just be out your back door.
http://washingtonlakes.com/ReportCommen ... 04&lid=475

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:51 pm

Welcome to the site mgrenley - there are also smallies in that lake, check out the reports section for Lake Union and keep us posted on how you do.

And I would like to nominate you to be the host of this years WL.com 4th of July BBQ:bom: :-"

Just kidding, enjoy the new digs!
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

bpm2000
Captain

Post by bpm2000 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:55 pm

without going into any specifics, fish like hanging out around, near, under houseboats in lake union quite a bit

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:24 pm

Definately PM Slabking on this one,..he slays the Crappies,..and like bpm2000 said,..you're in a perfect spot for some good fishing,..SMB are present,..I'd learn the Dropshot method for these Bass or run a Jig on the bottom,..maybe even slow roll a Spinnerbait,..either way it sounds like you're set-up for some good fishing,..let us know how you're progressing,..oh and welcome 2 the site!

BB
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Passion-4-Bassin"

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:36 pm

You'll be looking at perch, crappie, bass, etc. Standard tactics for each should be able to put you on some fish. With these colder water temps, don't be expecting much, and pretty soon most of these fish will be shut down so much due to colder water that you'll have to wait until spring warms up our lakes.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

steelheader
Angler

Post by steelheader » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:20 pm

hey i you get bored grab a heavy rod and some sand shrimp and worms there is sturgeon and cats out there

steelheader
Angler

Post by steelheader » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:23 pm

going to rufus woods lake any info would be great im alays gone in alaska so i miss out on the talk of were to go and what to use me and the old man would like to take the sled up ther and try it
thanks