NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Elisant
Petty Officer

RE:NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Post by Elisant » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:25 pm

Hey guys, I'm new here!

Name: Matt
Hobbies: Fishing, Video Games, Movies
What You Do: Computer Programmer
Favorite Species To Fish For: Trout/Salmon
Where You Fish The Most: British Columbia
How Long You Have Been Fishing: My whole life
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: My dad
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Hangin out
Your Favorite Picture:

VHMLLC
Commander

Post by VHMLLC » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:34 pm

welcome to all new friends. welcome to the family
Stan.
Enjoy Your Days & Love Your Life' Because Life is a journey to be savored !!!! GO FISHING

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of poop
There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.

fishndude
Petty Officer

Post by fishndude » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:41 am

Hey guys, I've been on WL.com for awhile but just discovered this thread.

Name: Sean
Hobbies: Fishing, Playing in my band, graphic design
What You Do: User Experience Designer @ Microsoft
Favorite Species To Fish For: Salmon
Where You Fish The Most: Lake Washington
How Long You Have Been Fishing: I started when I lived in Louisiana back in '95. I used to go to the bayou and Mississipi River Delta with my dad and fish for redfish, black drum, croaker, and catfish. It's a lot different up here in terms of species and strategy. Also, there were barely any regulations down there.
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: My dad of course!
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: When not fishing, you can find me preparing my gear for fishing. Also, singing and playing guitar for my rock band. I also like to help out the local music community by designing CD artwork for local bands as well as concert posters.

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:58 pm

Give a formal welcome to you two, Fishndude and Elisant.. :cheers:

BassFanatic
Commander

Post by BassFanatic » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:27 pm

Welcome fishindude welcome to the site enjoy yourself allot of great knowledge in here just look around and you will find it
CPR-BOYZ
CHECK US OUT ON YOUTUBE!!!

BassFanatic
Commander

Post by BassFanatic » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:29 pm

Sorry Elisant didn't see you welcome aboard too!!!!!
CPR-BOYZ

Bro-Rando
Petty Officer

Post by Bro-Rando » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:30 pm

Hello all. I love the site and find it to be a huge help.

Name: Mike
What You Do: Work for the Snohomish County Dept. of Marine Resources
Favorite Species To Fish For: Salmon, where do you think we are?
Where You Fish The Most: Whidbey Island, Maine (Yeah, the State), Lake Washington
How Long You Have Been Fishing: Can't remember. Somewhere close to 22 years.
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: Dad of course
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Surfing, golfing, writing, reading, snowboarding, swimming, sleeping.

I worked this summer as a test fisherman for WDFW. Got paid to go sport fishing for chinook. Can't believe it's over.

Glad to join the forum. Look forward to learning alot and hopefully contributing something.
Certainty is for those who have learned and believed only one truth...

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:58 am

Welcome to the site Bro-Rando! What a cool summer job! Where can I sign up?
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:38 am

Welcome Aboard new members,..have fun and keep your lines wet!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:44 am

A hearty welcome to everyone that is new and thanks to all that were here when I first arrived a month and a half ago. This is an awesome site and the wealth of information and friendships that I have found are incredible.
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

Notenough
Petty Officer

Post by Notenough » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:43 pm

my name is Dan
i am 52
live in Spokane
Build Packaging Machinery from scratch
I will fish for any thing dumb enough to bite! and with me they have to be dumb
i like the Loon lake area but with the price of gas i will look a little closer this year.
if i could remember how long i have been fishing i just wouldn't have done enough with my life by now.
just like 90% of the people here it was with my Dad although i hated those 5 AM wake ups and still do
other hobbies are fixing the things my wife, eight kids and 23 grand kids break and the Junk i haul home

fishing collector
Captain

Post by fishing collector » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:54 am

Hey Dan ...Let me welcome you to our friendly home.... Hope to hear about your adventures on the otherside...The more the merrier!, Steve

Fly Fishing is the art of attaching a fake bug to a line and relying on the appropriate manipulation of the rod to deceive the fish into eating a sharp steel hook covered with feathers and fur.

mascorella21
Angler

Post by mascorella21 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:15 am

Name= Steve
Age=19
Location= Kenmore,WA
Hobbies= Fishing, camping, backpacking, hunting, 4wheelin, reading,hiking, and playin pool.
What you do= honestly i fish all the time, and playin pool. I'm tryin to get a job.
favorite species= Mostly trout/salmon, but i enjoy a fight from any fish, even those damn perch.haha
fish the most= Well i fish all over the place, but i'll say the majority is in Lake Washington, margaret lake, pine lake, and all the rivers around. sky sko stilli skagit wallace.etc.
How long= Well my whole life since i could walk and talk.
how i got introduced= my pops and me would spend hours sittin on the dock and just enjoyin the outdoors together i really love the guy.
what i do when i'm not fishing= The hobbies listed above

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:24 am

Welcome to the board mascorella21, since you live in Kenmore, do you ever fish LogBoom park? I was just curious because that place has consistantly sucked for me since I was about 10 years old, and that would be about 35 years. I do see people out there in the early morning on my way to work, and maybe they are having better luck.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

mascorella21
Angler

Post by mascorella21 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:34 am

yea thats where i grew up fishing. Yea it's gettin worse and worse, because the people out there keep every single fish 1 to however many inches. But i've caught carp perch a couple bass,lots of catfish, sqaw and an occasional trout. It used to be real good. The bite there always starts in the evening.6 and on. just drop the line straight down with a nightcrawler a couple inches off the bottom. it's always worked for me.

fishing collector
Captain

Post by fishing collector » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:35 pm

Bro-Rando wrote:Hello all. I love the site and find it to be a huge help.

Name: Mike
What You Do: Work for the Snohomish County Dept. of Marine Resources
Favorite Species To Fish For: Salmon, where do you think we are?
Where You Fish The Most: Whidbey Island, Maine (Yeah, the State), Lake Washington
How Long You Have Been Fishing: Can't remember. Somewhere close to 22 years.
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: Dad of course
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Surfing, golfing, writing, reading, snowboarding, swimming, sleeping.

I worked this summer as a test fisherman for WDFW. Got paid to go sport fishing for chinook. Can't believe it's over.

Glad to join the forum. Look forward to learning alot and hopefully contributing something.
:cheers: Hope they give you your own forum just to tell us How to catch those kings. Where to fish for them and The bait to use! You must have volumes of knowledge. =d> Good to have you aboard, Steve
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fly Fishing is the art of attaching a fake bug to a line and relying on the appropriate manipulation of the rod to deceive the fish into eating a sharp steel hook covered with feathers and fur.

universalmix
Angler

Post by universalmix » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:52 pm

Hello there, I'm another member who has been viewing this website but just now discovered the thread to become an active participant.

Name: Steve
Hobbies: Fishing, Golf, Gardening
What You Do: Retired 1 Yr after 32 years of labwork at UofW
Favorite SpeciesTo Fish For: Trout, Salmon, Steelhead
Where You Fish The Most: Lakes: Wilderness, Conconully, also American, Mineral, and Clear(Bald Hills); Rivers: Green, Snohomish and Skykomish, Snoqualmie quite some time ago.
How Long Have You Been Fishing: Off and on since my teens. Last three years with much renewed interest.
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: Mostly from my dad and friends who didn't really know a lot. I spent a lot of time trying to glean bits of info from articles I read or trying to apply heresay from people who were more successful than I was at catching fish, but there was no real fishing mentor to guide me so alot of my efforts were trial and error. I seem to do okay trout fishing (largely due to Power Bait) but the "Big Un" still continues to elude me. Salmon and steelhead continue to be highly elusive although I did well with the Humpies using jigs last year which almost everybody did as well.
What Do You Do When You're Not Fishing: Enjoy spending time working on my garden, home stuff, play a little golf, spend some time with TV, computer and lately making my own jigs for salmon and steelhead.
Your Favorite Picture: If you mean movie it's Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, lol. If you mean posting one, then I'll have to look around a bit.

What would be really cool is if there were some fellow fisherman out there who would be willing to steer me on the right path towards catching some salmon or steelhead this year.

I've been spending time fishing the Green River by Allentown and did have a fish using my homemade jig but it spit the hook out after a 5 minute fight and pulling about a 100 yds of line downstream. It jumped before it took off downstream and it looked kind of dark and I'm guessing in the 15+ lb range, maybe a King. This was around Sept 24th and since then I haven't had a single hit I also spent a little time around Russell Rd in Kent with without almost no action. I tried jigs, corkies and eggs without success.

So anyway, that's my intro and I'm hoping some kind fisherman out there will feel sorry for this poor soul who's been trying so hard with so little to show for his efforts and offer a little help.

I hope this intro is being sent to the right person, if not, it would be greatly appreciated if it could be forwarded to the right party.

I'm thinking about trying the Carbon River on Monday or Tuesday. I've never been there but I need a change of scenery from the Green. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

olyVTX
Angler

Post by olyVTX » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:44 pm

hey all...grew up in 4 Lakes area. fished for trout in Silver, W. Medical, Clear, N. Silver. Haven't fished too much since then. have done a 3-day license and visited my old stompin' grounds last couple years. here's a pic of my favorite fishin' hole at the far end of W. Medical at sunset.
Attachments
fisherman-2.JPG
fisherman-2.JPG (40.21 KiB) Viewed 4046 times

BassFanatic
Commander

Post by BassFanatic » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:00 pm

welcome to the site olyvtx and nice fishing pic.
CPR-BOYZ

fishing collector
Captain

Post by fishing collector » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:50 pm

:cheers: Welcome Universalmix and olyvtx post away with anything you want say.....someone will help or talk with you. Just pick a topic and forum and someone will be there. :thumleft: have fun,Steve