C&R Stirring Up!

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
BassinBomber
Admiral

RE:C&R Stirring Up!

Post by BassinBomber » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:20 pm

:cheers:
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Passion-4-Bassin"

topdawg47
Warrant Officer

Post by topdawg47 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:30 pm

I only keep a small amount of fish when I go out, espically if I have an excellent day on the water. I only keep bass that are medium size, same goes for any species of fish. After all it's only me that eats the fish between my girlfriend and self. Really big fish dont taste that good to me anyhow. For example, last time I went out I caught one keeper perch and one keeper smallie and the rest I released.

But, like everyone has said: people can do whatever they want within the regulations..
Go Huskies!

BassFanatic
Commander

Post by BassFanatic » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:32 am

I always practice catch and release its more fun in my opinion to just snap a pic and let the fish live to fight again, and also it saves me allot of time not having to clean them....!!!LOL
CPR-BOYZ
CHECK US OUT ON YOUTUBE!!!

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:45 am

I fish for the ones I want to eat. If I catch anything I don't want, it is released as gently as possible. I do it by the rules. The bass my son caught, on the 4th went back in the water. He wanted to keep it and put it in my pond. :cheese:
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook

He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:40 am

Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Passion-4-Bassin"

crappie007
Warrant Officer

Post by crappie007 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:12 pm

C&R is fine and keep and eat is fine too as long as the person is following the law.
These days I do more C&R than I keep and eat. Alot of laws get changed as a issue gains
popularity--be it negative or positive.
Jumbo perch, slab crappie or bruiser blue gills only stand a chance of being released off my boat if only less than 2 are caught. A 3+ plus pound trout is set free providing I know it will survive. I will only fish for and keep trout when I know I'm gonna have the time to smoke them or I know they will die upon release. All other fresh water fish dont intrest me at this time and are released. We have laws that protect our fish and we have laws that protect people's rights to follow the laws that protect our fish.
Voice your opinion thats awesome, draw a line and take sides thats awesome! DEBATE!
DEBATE! DEBATE! How cool and exciting is that! Write to lawmakers to get a law passed, organize a peaceful march, wear your supportive T-shirt. When a bad apple turns
a positive cause ugly by turning to violence or purposly stepping out of the realm of rules and laws that govern our rights then that cause just becomes more difficult to achieve. If you keep a 10# bass and eat it or a 51" musky and mount it you will not
hear me complain as you followed the law. If I was so thrown back by your action of keeping the fish than I would try to get the laws changed. I might even invite you to a
debate in a forum.

crappie007
Warrant Officer

Post by crappie007 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:35 pm

robberelite96 wrote:C&R is good :cheers: but when i see a guy with a 6lb LMB on a stringer at the boat launch at a small lake i make sure he knows my opinion. If you don't like what people have to say, then dont post on a forum... :-({|=
That worries me. If that person was following the law , then why confront them.
If they wernt following the law why would you put your life in danger by confronting them instead of calling the authorities. If I'm following the law and you come out of the blue, me not knowing you and you start voicing your opinion on my catch. I might feel threatened and fear for my safety. Keep in mind I dont know you. Since I was follwing the law and you confronted me you have just given me the legal right to defend myself by whatever means possible. Believe me you I would exercise that right.

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:51 pm

robberelite96 wrote:C&R is good :cheers: but when i see a guy with a 6lb LMB on a stringer at the boat launch at a small lake i make sure he knows my opinion. If you don't like what people have to say, then dont post on a forum... :-({|=
I have opinions also.

If you are ready they are: abortion, politics, contributing to IRA, speeding drivers, and people with opinions on C&R that don't know when to keep quiet.

If it's legal why spoil it for a guy who probably caught the biggest fish of his life.

Now having said that I do like the bass pictures you posted a month or so ago. I think I recognized your pond. It looks like one I was at when I was searching for local wood ducks.

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:53 pm

Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Passion-4-Bassin"

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:38 pm

Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Passion-4-Bassin"

skeetrzx225
Petty Officer

Post by skeetrzx225 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:58 pm

everbody calm down. take picture and youll have it forever . release these fish so the kids or whoever can have the excitement too!!! think about the future!!!

robberelite96
Petty Officer

Post by robberelite96 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:14 pm

most of u guys are not worth my time to argue with. Keep doin what your doin :-({|= It seems skeetrzx225 is the only one who caught my drift...

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:19 pm

Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Passion-4-Bassin"

crappie007
Warrant Officer

Post by crappie007 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:23 pm

skeetrzx225 wrote:everbody calm down. take picture and youll have it forever . release these fish so the kids or whoever can have the excitement too!!! think about the future!!!
Everybody seems calm to me, just some views being friendly expressed.
Here is another one when the law states I must take a picture and then
release my catch I will do so. When and if fish start to die off so bad that
my children wont be able to experience in the sport and the WDFW decides to just
give up on our fisheries, then I will practice catch and release 100%.
WDFW has the data , tools and skills it takes to manage our fisheries to the best of
their knowledge. Which is far greater than mine. I think about the future and I have
faith in the WDFW.

skeetrzx225
Petty Officer

Post by skeetrzx225 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:31 pm

i know what your sayin man. everyone has the right to keep a legal catch but ive seen alot people heading home with illegal fish. i guess what i am giving is my take on it . iam glad to see you follow the rules but alot of people dont ! thats what piss's me off man not you.

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:38 pm

Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Passion-4-Bassin"

crappie007
Warrant Officer

Post by crappie007 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:39 pm

robberelite96 wrote:most of u guys are not worth my time to argue with. Keep doin what your doin :-({|= It seems skeetrzx225 is the only one who caught my drift...
I dont wish to argue with you, but a civilized debate is always good table fare.
Remember confronting someone out there can become dangerous, there is a reason
why we sometimes refer to people we dont know as STRANGERS.

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:41 pm

Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Passion-4-Bassin"

crappie007
Warrant Officer

Post by crappie007 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:43 pm

skeetrzx225 wrote:i know what your sayin man. everyone has the right to keep a legal catch but ive seen alot people heading home with illegal fish. i guess what i am giving is my take on it . iam glad to see you follow the rules but alot of people dont ! thats what piss's me off man not you.
I have a cell phone now and if I see illegal activity I will report it.
Poachers make me beyond angry , their taking away from all of us.

JWerner
Warrant Officer

Post by JWerner » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:26 pm

I get upset too when I see big bass being kept, but like others have said, they have a right to do that. In the day and age of fiberglass replicas etc, keeping a 10+ year old bass is not a good thing. For me a scale and camera does the trick. I do however keep my mouth shut and angling specifics kind of vague to people in general. If I know you're CPR all the way, I am much more open. I have seen the "publicity" of a good catch turn the fishing in what was once a good bass lake into a lousy bass lake.