Night fishing around Seward Park (Lake Washington)

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
jojo
Petty Officer

Night fishing around Seward Park (Lake Washington)

Post by jojo » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:37 pm

Hey all,

Anyone know if some good spots to try night fishing in or around Seward Park? I recently moved there and it would be great to hang out and do some night fishing. I was thinking that the perch and catfish would start showing this time of year there. I might try either the right side of the park near the enterance or just left of the park (there's another area with a little dock to fish off of).

Any insight would be great!

Thanks!

Slabking
Petty Officer

RE:Night fishing around Seward Park (Lake Washington)

Post by Slabking » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:45 am

There's a boat marina near Seward (right off Genesse and Lake Wa Blvd) that's loaded with cats. You can park right at the waters edge, cast your line out, and wait in the car until they start biting lol. There's also a point about half a block from there (you'll see the bench at the tip of it) that's good for bass, cats, and perch at night too.
Need to know more about crappie in Washington? Washington Crappie Page

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:34 pm

That spot is darned near next to my house Slabking.I seen guys fishing at night there alot during the summer.I fish down more by Ferdinand Street.There is a parking lot there.Most parking lots on Lk Wa blvd shut at night time.They are run by Parks Dept.From Leschi to Seward park has many fishing docks and loads of shore fishing.Any of y'all go fishing down there let me know. Id love to meet others from here down there.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

jojo
Petty Officer

Post by jojo » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:52 pm

Slabking wrote: There's a boat marina near Seward (right off Genesse and Lake Wa Blvd) that's loaded with cats. You can park right at the waters edge, cast your line out, and wait in the car until they start biting lol. There's also a point about half a block from there (you'll see the bench at the tip of it) that's good for bass, cats, and perch at night too.
Thanks Slabking!

I tried that spot out last night. The place is swarming with frys right now. Lost of beds next to the docs on the left but empty. I had tons of bites on my TX rig worm. Those perch would just latch on the end of the tail and let me pull them right onto the dock! haha The left side of the marrina has a bunch of little docks to fish off of and a long one on the right. The left side has a lot of veg so it would be hard for cats but I am assuming you are talking about the spot in between the left and right docks where it is a little rocky. Darn... I wished I had tried that spot out. Might sneak out there tonight.

J

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:27 pm

Dont get caught fishing off the docks at the Marina. The people who run it will ask you to leave while they dial the cops.Hehehe.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

JT26
Commander

Post by JT26 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:30 pm

I caught alot of catfish right where S Dawson meets Lake Wa BLVD when it just started to get dark last summer when i spent a week at my grand parents house. They live about 2 minutes away. I never stayed until it was fully dark, but im sure if you stayed that late you would catch a ton of catfish.

The bigger perch also come closer to the pier on Seward Park when it starts to get dark out so try there. You'll catch a million perch of all sizes at that pier including some nice ones, but on the other side, where the old fish hatchery is you'll catch some huge perch, but only a few. And if you do fish that side, make sure you have alot of weight and line, cause you'll have to throw it past the weeds. Thats my experience, so i hope i helped you out.

jojo
Petty Officer

Post by jojo » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:35 pm

I've catch a bunch of perch and small pumpkin seeds out there but still haven't caught any cats. I using an egg on a swivel with about a foot of leader with a worm. Only thing I've caught on that setup are perch. Worm and bobber gets me non stop perch. Any suggestions? Maybe I need to stay later. My fishing times about been 7pm to 9:30pm. Park closed at 11pm.

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:43 pm

jojo wrote:I've catch a bunch of perch and small pumpkin seeds out there but still haven't caught any cats. I using an egg on a swivel with about a foot of leader with a worm. Only thing I've caught on that setup are perch. Worm and bobber gets me non stop perch. Any suggestions? Maybe I need to stay later. My fishing times about been 7pm to 9:30pm. Park closed at 11pm.
Don't use a bobber if you are fishing for cats. They are close to the bottom.

Also, I've had better luck catching cats where the water is calmer/sheltered/still. Like in a cove or next to pads. I've had less luck catching them where it is open water with lots of wave/current/wind.

jojo
Petty Officer

Post by jojo » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:49 pm

Shad_Eating_Grin wrote:
jojo wrote:I've catch a bunch of perch and small pumpkin seeds out there but still haven't caught any cats. I using an egg on a swivel with about a foot of leader with a worm. Only thing I've caught on that setup are perch. Worm and bobber gets me non stop perch. Any suggestions? Maybe I need to stay later. My fishing times about been 7pm to 9:30pm. Park closed at 11pm.
Don't use a bobber if you are fishing for cats. They are close to the bottom.

Also, I've had better luck catching cats where the water is calmer/sheltered/still. Like in a cove or next to pads. I've had less luck catching them where it is open water with lots of wave/current/wind.
Any suggestions fishing there off the bottom? There are lots of high veg so I guess if I leave it and not let the line get tight.

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:52 pm

although i would find spots that may be rocky or muddy rather than fishing in the weeds for catfish