Occupation

Have a good idea for the site? Lets talk about it!
Coastfishin
Commander

RE:Occupation

Post by Coastfishin » Wed May 14, 2008 6:01 pm

Maintenance Supervisor, jack of all trades, master of none:scratch:

Hey Kevinb, now I know how you hurt your shoulder...fell off your @$$!:-"

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Wed May 14, 2008 6:08 pm

Coastfishin wrote: Hey Kevinb, now I know how you hurt your shoulder...fell off your @$$!:-"
LMAO :cheers: :cheers: YOU ARE SOOOO RIGHT :cheers: :cheers:
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Wed May 14, 2008 6:58 pm

I'm a warehouseman with an organization that uses all it's profits to support an 82 person full time ministry in Africa. We pray every day and start the day (on the clock) with a 20-25 minute bible study. We asked the Lord to expand our territory and keep the devil away, and we are so busy in this time of (RECESSION) that we are adding people and still can't keep up with demand.
Where you go is less important than how you get there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

beerman1981
Commander

Post by beerman1981 » Wed May 14, 2008 7:47 pm

I work at Ray's Meats in Yakima... I play with dead animals all day!:cheers:
Remember two things, love Washington and leave only your footprints behind!

northfork
Lieutenant

Post by northfork » Wed May 14, 2008 8:13 pm

I work for a Reefer Outfit :-" I mean Refrigeration Company. Come on hot weather I need the overtime to buy some new fishing toys.

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Wed May 14, 2008 8:20 pm

as of know i am a full time Student-athlete and i am going to be making 400 dollers a week (at age 16) this summer fishing!

can ya guess how? the name of the game is SQUAWFISH
"If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Max's Video Production

serving Washingtons greatest fishing website since 12/14/07

sending videos soon.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed May 14, 2008 8:20 pm

beerman1981 wrote:I work at Ray's Meats in Yakima... I play with dead animals all day!:cheers:
Now that's cool. :safe:
You getta safety condom to remind you to be safe with those knives!
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed May 14, 2008 8:23 pm

Fisherman_max wrote:as of know i am a full time Student-athlete and i am going to be making 400 dollers a week (at age 16) this summer fishing!

can ya guess how? the name of the game is SQUAWFISH

Max,

What is the math on the figuring for 400 bucks on those sqwawfish? I am certainly not doubting your fishing skills brutha.... but i just wondered how many fish a day that would take, and how many hours on the river. Maybe I can quit my day time gig and get into that.

Chris
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Wed May 14, 2008 8:46 pm

Quadradomus,

For every Squaw you catch you get 4$

some Squaws are tagged and you can get up to 500$ for one of the tagged Squaws.

i have places were i can catch a hundred squaws a day easy. and none of you can guess what i use for bait.

i read on the WDFW website that two guys each made over 30,000$ LAST YEAR!!! just catching and turning in squawfish!
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed May 14, 2008 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Max's Video Production

serving Washingtons greatest fishing website since 12/14/07

sending videos soon.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Wed May 14, 2008 9:00 pm

Heck, Max, sounds like a good job. Hope you get enough to pay the bills....

Still doing the 4 year University track. 1 more month left and I'm done with year one...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

spadam98
Petty Officer

Post by spadam98 » Wed May 14, 2008 11:24 pm

Well sounds like im the only graveyard (11pm to 7 am) worker so far. I work as a forklift driver at Boise Cascade in Kettle Falls. We build plywood in are plant great pay but horrible hours.

kutthroatkilla
Commander

Post by kutthroatkilla » Wed May 14, 2008 11:48 pm

Full Time Job = Fishing 24/7/365. Always fishing. Never resting. Remember, the fish don't wait around, so we can't either. That's why my occupation is a full time fisherman. All joking aside I'm just a college student. :jocolor:

KTK
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu May 15, 2008 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get with the Fast Money Bros

fishing collector
Captain

Post by fishing collector » Thu May 15, 2008 1:30 am

I am retired from over 30years as Chief Engineer on Tugboats. I worked on Tractor Tugs on Puget Sound. We put ships into docks and barges into slips. I was on this boat(Wedell Foss) since it was new.Before that I traveled the world on tugs .... Japan,Turkey, Peru, Hawaii, and every port in Alaska. Oh a bunch more I don't remember right now...... Nothing like catching a Sailfish on a Big ol' Hook with colored rags using 100ft of heaving line material and a 12' pike pole. One time we caught 32 king salmon off Todds Emerald Sea Dry Dock in Seattle...all in one night....average size was in the 20's... I really miss the boats but the fishing goes on. Good luck to all who reads this, Steve.
Attachments
wedell%20foss%2032.jpg
wedell%20foss%2032.jpg (40.72 KiB) Viewed 3924 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fly Fishing is the art of attaching a fake bug to a line and relying on the appropriate manipulation of the rod to deceive the fish into eating a sharp steel hook covered with feathers and fur.

reddog
Petty Officer

Post by reddog » Thu May 15, 2008 5:47 am

Retired 21 years USN as a Machinist Mate. Served on 3 ships ( LPH-11 USS New Orleans; AVM-1 USS Norton Sound (the platform that the worlds most kick a_ _ missle system ( AEGIS) was developed on; and AD-37 USS SAMUEL GOMPERS. With a shore billet and some active reserves time thrown in. Now, work as a facilities engineer, basicly a HVAC mechanic (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) electrician, plumber, pipefitter, jack of all trades. Love to hunt with my bird dog Duke. And train him on the side. Now, "hooked" on fishing. But just really enjoy being out on the boat (must be something with these "squidly" legs of mine) with my wife, dog, or best friend, anyone. Just enjoying Gods great creation. My prayers are sent daily to those serving at home and abroad. That they serve proudly, and come home soon. :salut: Kent.

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Thu May 15, 2008 6:47 am

spadam98 wrote:Well sounds like im the only graveyard (11pm to 7 am) worker so far. I work as a forklift driver at Boise Cascade in Kettle Falls. We build plywood in are plant great pay but horrible hours.
nope i work the grave yard shift as well. 12-8:30 AM its a sucky shift lol but it pays more and i get lots of internet time lol. i also get to fish alot during the days which makes it pretty good.

i work for a conference company called LINK. a crappy job that pays decent, and my break is over haha time to get back to work.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

lskiles
Commander

Post by lskiles » Thu May 15, 2008 7:09 am

Fisherman_max wrote:Quadradomus,

For every Squaw you catch you get 4$

some Squaws are tagged and you can get up to 500$ for one of the tagged Squaws.

i have places were i can catch a hundred squaws a day easy. and none of you can guess what i use for bait.

i read on the WDFW website that two guys each made over 30,000$ LAST YEAR!!! just catching and turning in squawfish!
The WDFW had an informational meeting on the squawfish bounty program and a friend at work went. He met one of the guys that made 30K last year. He gets up at dawn every day to go fishing and takes a break/nap at 7:00am and then fishes until dusk. That is a lot of fishing. I wonder if it is still fun after awhile.

Good luck fishing for the squaws...hope you find a tagged one!
BTW it is not just four dollars a fish, the more you catch the more you get:

WDFW wrote:The 2008 Sport reward payment schedule is as follows:

0-100 fish: $4 per fish
101-400 fish: $5 per fish
401 and above: $8 per fish

If anyone is interested here is the web site: Click Me!
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu May 15, 2008 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

bassmasterderek
Commander

Post by bassmasterderek » Thu May 15, 2008 8:15 am

Corrections Deputy/Jailer...........NOT A GAURD, gaurd's protect something of value!

Day Shift-fight administration
Swing Shift-fight inmates
Graveyard-fight sleep

Swingshift it is:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Been on swings for 4 years now.

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Thu May 15, 2008 8:37 am

fishing collector wrote:I am retired from over 30years as Chief Engineer on Tugboats. I worked on Tractor Tugs on Puget Sound. We put ships into docks and barges into slips. I also traveled the world on tugs .... Japan,Turkey, Peru, Hawaii, and every port in Alaska. Oh a bunch more I don't remember right now...... Nothing like catching a Sailfish on a Big ol' Hook with colored rags using 100ft of heaving line material and a 12' pike pole. One time we caught 32 king salmon off Todds Emerald Sea Dry Dock in Seattle...all in one night....average size was in the 20's... I really miss the boats but the fishing goes on. Good luck to all who reads this, Steve.
My uncle is high up on the tugs and he wants me to go cook for them :-k Money is good work would be easy but I couldn't spend that much time away from my family.
I have been told stories of the fish caught off the boat while traveling across the ocean sounds like a fun way to make a living and I am like :money: :money: but oh well!!

I am still looking for a good job :-"
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

kickerfish
Petty Officer

Post by kickerfish » Thu May 15, 2008 9:46 am

Active Duty Army at Fort Lewis. I have been in 17 years and 3 months. Retire in 33 months and then I have to find a real job and work with civilians!!!!! At least then I can call in sick once and go fishing:cheers:

crappie007
Warrant Officer

Post by crappie007 » Thu May 15, 2008 10:15 am

Journeyman Melter, I melt down 5 tons of metal at a time in a electric arc furnace.
I melt Iron and steel and make sure the chemistries meet customer specs.
Yes I'm proud to say our company makes parts for our nations military.