Sixties, possibly seventies?

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
raffensg64
Commander

Sixties, possibly seventies?

Post by raffensg64 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:31 am

Are you kidding me? Did I miss the 50-degree range? Finally, some temps and weather conducive to some comfortable fishing!!! And, thankfully, they arrived about the time I've got a couple days off. Anybody been to Amber or Medical lately? A partner and I plan on heading out to one or the other Friday.

Lotech Joe
Commodore

RE:Sixties, possibly seventies?

Post by Lotech Joe » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:02 pm

Is the ice gone at Medical? I was planning on going Saturday but I don't know where yet.
Where you go is less important than how you get there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:55 pm

The ice is off both Amber and Medical.

eustace
Lieutenant

Post by eustace » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:01 pm

Finally, I hope it stays warm. I hope the highs in the 40 is done and I also hope it doesn't jump to the 80 & 90s all the suddon.
Well its not called Catching!

David Hall
Petty Officer

Post by David Hall » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:55 pm

The Ice is off of Medical, I fished 4/2 and 4/3 (hospital end) for about 2 1/2 to 3hrs each, 2 to three fish each day. 18-20" very healthy and released all. Went back out 4/12 (park end) for about 5 hrs, released 6, 18-20, and one real nice 25" rainbow, old fish, scar on tail, miised many. The first day I used leach patterns, black and red. asked a local what he was using, because he did very well in the 2 hrs he was on the lake. He was nice enough to tell me, an orange wooley bugger. I went home with an idea. :colors: So I tied up the following. Black marabou tail, orange body, green krystal flash over body, red bead, in front of bead, orange partridge feathers (the longer the better). Water temp for all 3 days was 39-43 degrees tops. Fish were doing a very slow take. I had a great time seeing great looking fish. :compress:

Do wish people would read and adhear to the lakes regulations. :^o