Swimbait

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
WCCT
Lieutenant

Swimbait

Post by WCCT » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:11 pm

Here is my new swimbait that I call the Swim Shady. It is similar to the California Swim Baby "E". It is about 4 3/4" in length and I am working on some weight inserts as we speak. Let me know what you think. thanks.
Swim Shady
PowerTeam Lures Pro Staff
[http://www.powerteamlures.com/?Click=2818]

fishnislife
Admiral

RE:Swimbait

Post by fishnislife » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:22 pm

Those look great D.J.! How much weight are you thinking about throwing in them?
Man, I'd throw these up on SwimbaitNation as well. You might be able to skyrocket your business with these on there.
Also, how much are thinking about charging for one of these. 3 pack, 5 pack, or individually?

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:27 pm

Looking good DJ. Keep us posted on their progress...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

eustace
Lieutenant

Post by eustace » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:41 pm

Cool name, I like the eyes espeically, that would catch a predators eye. Nice work! I don't think theres enought detail to alot of lures eyes, like jigs espeically.
Well its not called Catching!

WCCT
Lieutenant

Post by WCCT » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:44 pm

Thanks guys. They are going to be sold individually with a treble hook included. Similar baits are going upwards of 7 bucks and higher. I am going to sell mine at $5.99. I am testing out different weights such as 1/8, 3/16 and so on. I am also testing it out without weight so it can be used as a wake type bait. They are really close to being up and ready to go on my site. I will probably, with the permission from Mike, give out a few samples on here to a few of you guys. I will keep you posted. Thanks again for the kind words.
D.J.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:15 pm

WCCT wrote:Thanks guys. They are going to be sold individually with a treble hook included. Similar baits are going upwards of 7 bucks and higher. I am going to sell mine at $5.99. I am testing out different weights such as 1/8, 3/16 and so on. I am also testing it out without weight so it can be used as a wake type bait. They are really close to being up and ready to go on my site. I will probably, with the permission from Mike, give out a few samples on here to a few of you guys. I will keep you posted. Thanks again for the kind words.
D.J.
I'd love to be a guinea pig. :-"

You know I throw swimbaits everywhere I go. I'd be happy to toss your new bait around and land a pig on one.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sommysom
Petty Officer

Post by sommysom » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:45 pm

Nice work! Rainbow colored trout looks good!

Wouldn't mind being guinea pig either and trying it out

bassmasterderek
Commander

Post by bassmasterderek » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:56 pm

Let us know when they are ready to go. I will buy one of each. Very nice job!

Gone Fishin
Lieutenant

Post by Gone Fishin » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:27 pm

Sign me up! How tough are they? take a few muskie bites?

bpm2000
Captain

Post by bpm2000 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:45 pm

how thin is that tail section going to be? hard to tell with them laying flat. the pours look good.

WCCT
Lieutenant

Post by WCCT » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:03 pm

They are pretty durable as far as soft plastics go. I am testing two different plastic formulas right now. The first is a tougher plastic than I normally use, and then I am using the same plastic that I use for my handpours, but without any extra softner in it. I will decide after this weekend which way I am going to go as far as the plastics. I was also hoping I could get some imput on color selection. As of right now I have a rainbow trout, pearl white, blue shimmer shad, and a shad or baitfish color. What other colors would you guys be interested in? Maybe a bluegill or something like that. The tail section is not as thin as the pictures suggest. It is probably about a 1/2" wide if you were looking straight down at the bait. They have awesome tail action.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:12 pm

Can't go wrong with Perch or Hitch.
Even baby bass is always a good one.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:14 pm

WCCT wrote:They are pretty durable as far as soft plastics go. I am testing two different plastic formulas right now. The first is a tougher plastic than I normally use, and then I am using the same plastic that I use for my handpours, but without any extra softner in it. I will decide after this weekend which way I am going to go as far as the plastics. I was also hoping I could get some imput on color selection. As of right now I have a rainbow trout, pearl white, blue shimmer shad, and a shad or baitfish color. What other colors would you guys be interested in? Maybe a bluegill or something like that. The tail section is not as thin as the pictures suggest. It is probably about a 1/2" wide if you were looking straight down at the bait. They have awesome tail action.
PERCH! I would definably be interested in the trout. Perch would catch me a lot of fish.
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

bassmasterderek
Commander

Post by bassmasterderek » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:47 pm

I like the white!

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:26 pm

WCCT wrote:Here is my new swimbait that I call the Swim Shady. It is similar to the California Swim Baby "E". It is about 4 3/4" in length and I am working on some weight inserts as we speak. Let me know what you think. thanks.
Swim Shady
I like the design, might suggest a couple different colors in the mix for the future, but at 4-3/4", I think you could have a LMB killer in this region.
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:39 am

nice! i agree make a perch color as well.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

Gone Fishin
Lieutenant

Post by Gone Fishin » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:18 am

ditto on the perch, rainbow is good too

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:49 am

I'd like to see them in Perch, Rainbow Trout, and Bluegill

I'd be thrilled to perform guinea pig duty on these :pig: . I'm heading to Silver Lake this Saturday (04/05/08) with 2000Subaru for a club fish-in, we could have a few people try them out and provide input.
:thumright
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I got my swim trunks, And my flippie-floppies
I'm flipping Jigs, you at Kinko's straight flipping copies"

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:02 pm

Those are pretty slick, good job bro. I would also like to see a perch type as well. I am not much of a bass fisherman but for big walleye, the perch would be nice. When the salmon run I think the rainbow would work pretty well. And I really like that white one for huge rainbows for some reason. Once again good baits

sommysom
Petty Officer

Post by sommysom » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:52 pm

I agree with the Perch too but I would also recommend watermelon color and any pumpkin color combo.