Boat-in Beaches Everett/Island County Area

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
jdp53
Petty Officer

Boat-in Beaches Everett/Island County Area

Post by jdp53 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:54 am

The wife is getting excited for crabbing season and had an idea to drop crab pots then boat to a beach for the kids to play at while we let pots soak. We normally launch out of Everett, and have a 17' aluminum boat, so we can run a little ways if the weather permits or alternatively, launch somewhere else. It seems like a fun time for everyone, I just don't know what beach or area would be good for this.

I guess an easy one would be to drop the pots in Everett, then head back to Jetty Island. Maybe launching in Anacortes then exploring San Juans would be better?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

kodacachers
Lieutenant

Re: Boat-in Beaches Everett/Island County Area

Post by kodacachers » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:24 pm

Hi JDP,
I thought I replied before so if you get 2, my apologies.
Much of the Sounds is private property so its best to look at parkland. Cama Beach on the west side of Camano island is a nice place, though I'm not sure if you can beach your boat there or not. If you launch at Washington Park in Annacortes you can motor over to James Island (weather permitting, the straight can get rough).

4n6fisher
Lieutenant

Re: Boat-in Beaches Everett/Island County Area

Post by 4n6fisher » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:09 pm

Kayak point would be another location, you could even launch and crab right there. The launch isn't much just a little driveway into the water. I think you can walk around a bit on Hat Island, not sure if there is a public beach there though.