Fish Lake Or Other Ea Wa Lake.

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Fish Lake Or Other Ea Wa Lake.

Post by racfish » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:39 am

Has anyone seen Fish Lake or any of the other frozen lakes to fish in Ea Wa? we got a few friends together and want to head east for fishing.Anyone know of a couple lakes other then Fish Lake that gets frozen enough for 4 good size guys to stand on? Thanks.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

YellowBear
Captain

RE:Fish Lake Or Other Ea Wa Lake.

Post by YellowBear » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:24 am

Hog canyon,
Forth of July,
Eloika,
Silver,
Lind Coulle, Soda and Long in Grant county has ice but its going fast.
I am not sure Fish lake in Spokane county is a year round lake.
YellowBear
Life member N.A.F.C.
Angling Masters international
Good luck and be safe

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:32 am

I was thinking Fish Lake in Leavenworth /Plain area.That is our first choice.That is closest for all of us.But were open to the others you mentiond.I just wanna be sure that 4 big boys wont split the ice under us.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Geoffrey Ring
Petty Officer

Post by Geoffrey Ring » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:30 pm

I don't know how its doing now, but I saw around 10 people out ice fishing on Roses Lake (chelan co.) last Wednesday. They were all grouped around 4 or so holes, so I assume it was pretty thick ice. Then again, I know an incredibly small amount about ice fishing, so you'll prbably want to ask some one who knows what the heck they're talking about...

Geoff out-

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:09 pm

Seeing that you are in Chelan County in Entiat then I would say your word is darn good.Being that you are right there and see it.It depends on pass conditions also.If the snows are pounding then I'll stick to fishing Beaver.This time I'll take the Livingston.

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:53 pm

Be careful, we are getting a serious warming spell here in Spokane. Over 40 today, so be sure to spot-check your ice.

Eloika and Loon both have full sheets currently.

E

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:10 am

Thanks guys for your input and help.Its even supposed to be in the higher 40's in seattle area.It might be enough to activate some local fish lakes .With warmer weather usually comes more avalanche possibillities.I dont know if I'm up for a long haul to the Spokane area.I'm fishing somewhere.I just dont know where yet.

JimLyons
Petty Officer

Post by JimLyons » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:35 am

Fish Lake in Spokane is NOT year round.:cheers:

michaelunbewust
Commander

Post by michaelunbewust » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:18 pm

was at fish lake outside of leavenworth 2 week-ends ago. they had closed the lake because of the non-stable ice, although, there were a few people on it (crazy). i dont know current conditions, but, you can call the resort up there (the cove-i believe). please be extremely careful right now with this batch of decent weather rolling thru this week.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:30 pm

Danke Herr Michael.Crazy I'm not nor am I that brave to take chances if its questionable.No perch or trout is worth freezing to death over.
There are too many lakes named Fish Lake in Wa State.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:20 pm

I have been hearring alot about rat lake. I am not sure exactly where it is, but I am pretty sure its up on the colvile reservation. In the reg book for tribe hands out, I read that the weekend of the 16th its free fishing on the reservation, so no tribal permit. Plus you can take a crack at Rufus Woods while your at rat lake.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:52 pm

Nobody in my group including me wanted to chance the passes and the closures.I did yard work both days.I started to hit the rivers but I just needed to do something physical.