Weekend Suggestions....Trout

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
TMBob
Petty Officer

Weekend Suggestions....Trout

Post by TMBob » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:30 pm

With a break in the weather this weekend, I am looking for suggestions to go fish somewhere....no boat, so dock or bank fishing. I have been hanging out at Lake Boren, but something different would be nice. Trout mainly, but any action will do.

Rattlesnake is a thought just so I can do some casting, but I have not had a strike there since early Dec the past two trips.

Offut is also a thought but I have not heard any reports in awhile or after the ice had broken.

Tanwax....I see that some Cutt's were added and I can cast and also fish the bottom there.

I am in the Renton area so as you can tell, I will drive to a location.

I also have Tuesday off and was thinking about going East to the Yak and try and learn about river fishing from the bank. Any suggestions of an area that I could park my car and fish as I have waders for river fishing.

Just trying to feed the new addiction and I am not looking to keep fish so I am open to anything but Salt, as I do not have a license for that.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Scheindogg
Warrant Officer

Re: Weekend Suggestions....Trout

Post by Scheindogg » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:36 pm

How has Boren been btw? I haven't been in a while and have wondered how it goes this time of year.
Maybe check out Lake Meridian that would be close by for you!

TMBob
Petty Officer

Post by TMBob » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:25 pm

I have pulled about 13 Cutt's out of there this winter once I went to bait. I have had some good days getting strikes, but I cannot hook em up. Back to back outings I had 15 bites but only two hook ups. Fish are small at about 11" and not much fight.
I just started fishing in Nov. and Boren the past 2 months. There were a few limits from a reg who uses worms on the bottom back in Dec so I have been told. The most I ever got in a day was 3 as the reg got skunked that day. Nice guy though.

How does one fish Meridian, bank wise and style wise? Thanks

Fishin'Daze
Petty Officer

Post by Fishin'Daze » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:41 am

Try Spencer lake outside of Shelton. The boat launch has decent shore fishing. Spencer is a good Winter fishery and is good for bass in the Spring - before the jet skis show up. [thumbup]

Sideburns
Commander

Post by Sideburns » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:07 pm

Spencer actually looks pretty good at the moment.... Looks like it has received 2 batches of 250 1.5lb cutts in the last two weeks!

http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/plants/weekl ... ate%20DESC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"If it still works, take it apart and find out why!"

Scheindogg
Warrant Officer

Post by Scheindogg » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:53 pm

I have personally never fished it but this is what I know from reading and hearing:
They have Kokanee that can be caught by trolling the deep parts of the lake.
There are also decent amounts of bass perch and quite a few rainbows.
The rainbows (and presumably some perch and bass) can be caught by tossing power bait off the dock!
Hope I helped and thanks for the Boren report

TMBob
Petty Officer

Post by TMBob » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:00 am

Thanks for the info.

Did Boren yesterday without a bite.....the water was very murky from the recent weather. I then headed off to Rattlesnake which was gorgeous as normal. Not a strike there either though I did see a few fish scraping the surface but could not entice a strike. Sorta what I expected after that weather earlier in the week. Off to Offut today as more of a scouting job for Tuesday's day off which now has Spencer on the radar, especially if Clamin is open.