Marine Canvas

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
rseas
Commander

Marine Canvas

Post by rseas » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:47 pm

Money all saved up and buried in the yard, I'm going to have a top made for our big boat. Does anybody have a reccomendation for a canvas shop in Skagit County? I have contacted a few shops but business must be booming, nobody seems to get back with me.

Anyway, looking for the full-meal-deal; top, stainless bows, bimini, front connector, side curtians, aft drop curtian, slant back, a storage boot and a forward cover. Hopefully I can find somebody that specializes in marine canvas.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Marine Canvas

Post by Toni » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:15 pm

rseas wrote:Money all saved up and buried in the yard, I'm going to have a top made for our big boat. Does anybody have a reccomendation for a canvas shop in Skagit County? I have contacted a few shops but business must be booming, nobody seems to get back with me.

Anyway, looking for the full-meal-deal; top, stainless bows, bimini, front connector, side curtians, aft drop curtian, slant back, a storage boot and a forward cover. Hopefully I can find somebody that specializes in marine canvas.
I know someone but not in Skagit County.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook

He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

hewesbob
Lieutenant

Post by hewesbob » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:36 pm

We had to have some repairs to our boat canvas two years after we bought our Hewescraft. It turned out that Hewes used regular cotton thread rather than marine grade thread, so my only advise would be who ever you choose to do your work to ask about the thread and snaps being used as this is a large investment an should be done right the first time. The only shop I will ever use again is Mild To Wild Upholstery in Spokane. Good luck and stay safe.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:01 am

hewesbob wrote:We had to have some repairs to our boat canvas two years after we bought our Hewescraft. It turned out that Hewes used regular cotton thread rather than marine grade thread, so my only advise would be who ever you choose to do your work to ask about the thread and snaps being used as this is a large investment an should be done right the first time. The only shop I will ever use again is Mild To Wild Upholstery in Spokane. Good luck and stay safe.
I'll second the cotton thread bit, my Custom Weld came with the top sewn with cotton thread, it started to rot right away and consequently I've had to have my top re-stitched with nylon thread. buying a new top from the manufacture is considerably cheaper than having a top made but then you run into the problem of what thread did they use..........
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

rhodes19
Petty Officer

Post by rhodes19 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:58 pm

In Whatcom County, I'd recommend North Star upholstery. They are west of Ferndale a few miles from the 262 exit.

BARCHASER10
Captain

Post by BARCHASER10 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:44 am

I didn't have anything done as extensive as you are talking about. Couple years back I had a back curtain done for my Sea Hawk by Churchill Brothers at the Port of Everett, not Skagit Cty but pretty close. I thought they did real nice work for a reasonable price.

Lifeproofboats
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Lifeproofboats » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:26 pm

We typically use King Marine out of Ballard. They will travel to the boat which is great if you cant bring it to them. They are great people and they do a really nice job! Highly recommended!
Life proof boats are built for anything life can throw at you. Built in the northwest for the northwest! Call us at 360-674-7019 or visit us online today!
http://www.lifeproofboats.com

Official Northwest Fishing Reports Sponsor