So you Call yourself a bass Man? Lake Tapps

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
GeoFishing
Petty Officer

So you Call yourself a bass Man? Lake Tapps

Post by GeoFishing » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:15 pm

Well..... Being the most opportunistic lake to my eye near Fern Hill at first glance, For a primarily catch and release Angler. I'd like to ask anyone's experience fishing it from Shore. Tiger Muskie are the main appeal. I'd love to knock that off the bucket list. But other then spring and fall when fishing is primarily good. How is fishing along the shore for the smallmouth bass, large Mouth Bass. Tiger muskie, Even yellow perch. Is it a decent shoreline that is open for anglers? I know it's a lot to ask in one post. But I appreciate anyone taking the time. Also Do the small mouth over populate the large mouth here or is it pretty Balanced.

Thanks for your time
Happy Fishing

Geo

Onmygame
Lieutenant

Re: So you Call yourself a bASS Man? Lake Tapps

Post by Onmygame » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:33 am

Tapps is for the most part dotted with homes. Big, expensive homes, and water skiing along with jet skiing seems to prevail over fishing.

That is not to say there isn't opportunity to fish - just that there is very little shore access limited to public park property, so from boat would be best as it is a big lake that fluctuates in water level greatly throughout the year. Also - lots of stumpage at or below top water.

Fern Hill you say...that is a very small neighborhood that many folks even in Tacoma couldn't tell you where it is. I've spent most of my life in Fern Hill and still reside here.

I assume you too are in the neighborhood - welcome!

onmygame

Larry3215
Admiral

Re: So you Call yourself a bass Man? Lake Tapps

Post by Larry3215 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:03 am

Yeah, the park at the north end is about the only bank access. I havent fished Tapps much but Ive only caught smallies.