Green river by BECU and 405?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
jd39
Commander

Re: Green river by BECU and 405?

Post by jd39 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:52 am

The duwi is open to 405.

mizm05
Commander

Post by mizm05 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:13 pm

BentRod wrote:
mizm05 wrote:I've been hitting the area just above 405 on Interurban (before BECU) and there are jumpers and rollers everywhere, but no takers yet. I've thrown eggs, spoons, spinners and plugs....and not even a bump yet. Same story for all the other guys I talk to at this particular hole, which is known to be a good hole. Not sure what the heck those dang fish want! LOL
I assume you mean I-5, not 405?
405...that's the cutoff as of right now.

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:30 pm

mizm05 wrote:
BentRod wrote:
mizm05 wrote:I've been hitting the area just above 405 on Interurban (before BECU) and there are jumpers and rollers everywhere, but no takers yet. I've thrown eggs, spoons, spinners and plugs....and not even a bump yet. Same story for all the other guys I talk to at this particular hole, which is known to be a good hole. Not sure what the heck those dang fish want! LOL
I assume you mean I-5, not 405?
405...that's the cutoff as of right now.
When you stated "above 405", I interpreted that as upriver and since BECU is a ways from 405 I assumed you'd made a typo. My mistake.

losaturn
Warrant Officer

Post by losaturn » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:45 pm

What time of day were you fishing?

c_saeteurn
Warrant Officer

Post by c_saeteurn » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:36 pm

should try twitching jigs and see what happens. you really haven't thrown the entire tacklebox at them yet

mizm05
Commander

Post by mizm05 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:16 am

I'm fishing from first cast time through 7:30am when I have to go to work. I've twitched jigs as well. I'm familiar with how to fish for Coho...maybe it's the particular hole I'm fishing. They like to jump and roll there, but nobody is catching them.

losaturn
Warrant Officer

Post by losaturn » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:35 pm

mizm05 wrote:I'm fishing from first cast time through 7:30am when I have to go to work. I've twitched jigs as well. I'm familiar with how to fish for Coho...maybe it's the particular hole I'm fishing. They like to jump and roll there, but nobody is catching them.
The starfire hole, with the giant rock? Drift eggs on a short leader. They can be picky when it comes to cures.

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:39 pm

mizm05 let us know if they do start biting on jigs. Sounds like Gringo Pescador and Mike spent a ton of time on the water (by my working schedule standards ](*,) ) with very little to show using different methods (excepting drift fishing).

Sounds like drift fishing is the way to go right now and/or maybe early morning. Maybe some rain and a bit of cooler weather will get the fish more into more active biting mode. I'm just armchair fishin' LOL. No license yet but probably oughtta get out there in the small window I have (around 11 AM, not at all ideal for biters) to actually DO something and pray to the fish gods for enough salmon to smoke for a Seahawks game BBQ/feast :cheers: .

Anyone seen jumpinjim around at all on the forums? Miss that guy's reports...

mizm05
Commander

Post by mizm05 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:10 pm

The hole I fish is not suitable for drift fishing...too many wood piles under the water, and the water is so slow that it barely moves, even with the tide. Should be great coho water, and they are jumping...just not biting.

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:41 pm

mizm05- That's the water I too prefer for coho, would hope the early morning would provide some kind of bite especially if there aren't people around spooking them. They gotta drop the lockjaw at some point but unfortunately the Duw pre 'nets in the water' window looks to be shrinking (sigh). Good luck.

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:44 pm

mizm05 wrote:The hole I fish is not suitable for drift fishing...too many wood piles under the water, and the water is so slow that it barely moves, even with the tide. Should be great coho water, and they are jumping...just not biting.
Don't feel too bad. I'm in the same boat. Have tried multiple times in a few different spots throwing jigs, DNs, spinners, and eggs. Haven't hooked a Coho yet.

mizm05
Commander

Post by mizm05 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:36 am

losaturn wrote:
mizm05 wrote:I'm fishing from first cast time through 7:30am when I have to go to work. I've twitched jigs as well. I'm familiar with how to fish for Coho...maybe it's the particular hole I'm fishing. They like to jump and roll there, but nobody is catching them.
The starfire hole, with the giant rock? Drift eggs on a short leader. They can be picky when it comes to cures.
I've always known it as "The Rock Hole", but I think we're talking about the same place. I've moved on to other rivers for the time being...will give it a shot again next week.