ELOIKA LAKE Bass Help

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
irishman10
Angler

ELOIKA LAKE Bass Help

Post by irishman10 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:32 am

Interested in going to this lake and trying my luck with largemouth... Catch is i don't have a boat, so i am in need of areas of the lake i can fish from shore. Look forward to hearing from you!

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Re: ELOIKA LAKE Bass Help

Post by Anglinarcher » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:44 pm

Some fishing from shore at Jerry's Landing or the State launch, but not much. You could fish the lake from shore and never catch a single thing.

Better yet is to rent a boat from Jerry's Landing. They are small, but plenty big enough for Elokia. This time of year, take a bunch of spinner baits, several weedless rigged swimbaits, some lipless rattling crankbaits, and enjoy. Expect that during some time in the day you will find the LMB, most likely working against the shore.

But, don't be afraid to work over or through the existing weed beds in the middle. Lots of them, in fact most of the lake is one giant weed bed.

Google search Jerry's Landing at Elokia Lake to get a phone number and call ahead. I have a boat, so I don't know how hard it is to rent one from them, just know they have them for rent.

tbrinks
Warrant Officer

Post by tbrinks » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:03 am

Sorry this is late but the fishing should be excellent right now as the grass is to the top and it is time to fish with a frog. I usually only fish here first thing in the season (at ice off) because it is usually one of the first to turn on, but they are catching them pretty good now with frogs. Like Anglingarcher says, don't be afraid to fish in the middle of the lake. As you can see, even out offshore it is not very deep. I have had success fishing in the direct center of the lake with a shallow crankbait over the submerged grass.

Nautical Charts

SonarCharts
Spokane, WA
Navionics Sponsored
http://www.tbrinksfishing.com

ruthven78
Commander

Post by ruthven78 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:09 pm

yeah eloika is really just one big weed bed lol. Ive never fished it from a boat but did not have any luck from the dock at Jerry's Landing, but I only went once. Also, if there are wild fires in the area expect to see the PBY coming down for water.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:57 pm

we do have a video we did with YJ Guide Service to peak your interest more. Great bass lake!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:58 am

Great video Mike. Yankin Jaw indicates that it is best till mid June, but I find that it is very good all summer long, just the methods change.

I understand their point of view though, most guided fisherman have no idea how to "punch" a jig, etc.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:35 am

Our July newsletter will have a feature article on Eloika.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".