Fishing New Year's resolution?

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
crappiemaster
Lieutenant

Fishing New Year's resolution?

Post by crappiemaster » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:21 pm

Any fishing resolutions for 2014? I have a couple.
1. I am going to take some youngsters fishing with me more this year. I am so serious about fishing, especially working for crappie, and some times I turn down nephews, nieces and some of my kid's friends, but I think I am going to use this opportunity to get more kids that I know and love more interested in outdoors, especially fishing. I don't know what I would be doing if my dad didn't introduce it to me.

2. I am going to spend some time fishing on the west side. I love my walleye and crappie, and smb's, but I want to fish the sound, some of the rivers and lakes mentioned on this board.

Have a prosperous, happy new year and maybe we will see you on the lake!

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Re: Fishing New Year's resolution?

Post by racfish » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:19 am

My resolution for fishing is simply to fish more then last year. The closer I get to retirement I get excited to be able to fish weekdays. Happy new years to all G-d Bless

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:11 am

It's a given that I plan on fishing MUCH more often. Image

But do I even have 'much' more time? Oh well, a LITTLE MORE time is also good. [thumbup]
Tom.

Interests: living

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:31 pm

Reel in a 25+ pound steelhead. It's gonna happen this year.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:43 pm

I did that . Once on the Snoqualmie at the mouth of the Raging river in late November of 1973.

Steelheadin360
Commodore

Post by Steelheadin360 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:45 pm

My New Year resolution is to get more of the younger generation into to the sport. My kids get to go all the time but I want to be able to take their friends and such, maybe my nieces and nephews and other family that dont get to go.

gonnahookit
Lieutenant

Post by gonnahookit » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:11 pm

My New Years resolution is to catch two steelhead this year, instead of just one like last year. ](*,) :-({|=

amandapanda
Petty Officer

Post by amandapanda » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:53 am

I'm going to continue fishing as much as I can around local lakes. Last year (my first full year of fishing), I explored numerous lakes, caught crappie, bullhead, sunfish, small mouth, large mouth, rainbow, cutthroat, perch... and almost a duck! This year, I am hungry for something bigger & hope to get some river time. But my true goal is to make it more common to see women fishing. There were MANY times I was asked, are you fishing here with someone, you're not fishing with a man, why are you fishing~ to all (even women asked me that), I explained- my boyfriend introduced me to it, I fell in love with fishing, yes... I fish by myself.. for the same reason anyone else does... it's a wonderful experience! Work & relaxation, peace & excitement all at the same time. I'm particularly happy that on the cover of this months N [thumbup] orthwest Sportsman... the main article was the 4th annual real women of Northwest fishing. I'm thankful for everyone fishing around me for helping me learn more tips & tricks, & have been happy to pay some knowledge to others learning how (particularly children). There's something magical about it all. Hope to see some of you out there! [thumbup]
FISH ON!

strider43
Captain

Post by strider43 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:23 am

Fish More :cheers: , work less :scratch:
Continue my river fishing edification, last year was my best river fishing year to date with nearly 200 salmon caught and well over 200 trout caught lake fishing and 1 steelhead in the Wallace.

jonb
Commander

Post by jonb » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:58 pm

beat my personal best WA state brown trout (18 1/2"), and spend as much of my time fishing as my wife will allow.
hi my name is john, and I'm a fishing addict.