Skok

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
John Bushmaster
Petty Officer

Re: Skok

Post by John Bushmaster » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:45 am

spokey9 wrote:
natetreat wrote:Flogging a dead horse (alternatively beating a dead horse, or beating a dead dog in some parts of the Anglophone world) is an idiom that means a particular request or line of conversation is already foreclosed or otherwise resolved, and any attempt to continue it is futile; or that to continue in any endeavor (physical, mental, etc.) is a waste of time as the outcome is already decided.
=D> + 1000 Nate

It's really not worth the debate, especially on a public forum such as this. Don't think the dept. doesn't see these threads and use them against us in the season setting process. Whether we agree or disagree we as the fishing public need to show a united front if we ever want fair representation at the NOF table. If not then we'll continue to fight over the scraps the tribes & commies leave us ](*,)

good. i am in no way united with flossers and snaggers, i view them as Nate views the tribe.

HOOKEDONFISHING
Lieutenant

Post by HOOKEDONFISHING » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:53 pm

How many fish you catch on the Sko John?

NFCustom
Warrant Officer

Post by NFCustom » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:29 pm

FishBaitThe2nd wrote:Fishindude, everything they said is what flossing is. But like King Killer said, 90% of my fish are in the mouth, or really close. Even when I cant see them. I don't rip at the end of my drift, sometimes I do but that's when im in a hurry. At the end of your pull up slowly, (not to slow), and this is much, much more effective then ripping it as hard as you can.
Also- an 8-10ft leader yes a lot of people us it. The longest leader I have ever used is 8ft, and that's when im drifting in a spot that is a quick drop off, or on the other side of a tree (a spot on the skok). My usual leader is about 5 and a half feet. Ive caughten fish on shorter, and on longer. In the morning when I start fishing, my first few casts I don't even rip. Ill cast out, see if my line or lead bumps anything, ill do this until I locate fish, if I don't feel anything, ill cast out again, hold my rod tip up high, and see if there suspended or not. That's some tricks to flossing.
Do you realize that you just admitted to what would be called snagging? And is illegal? Why would you rip if nothing was biting?

lost360
Petty Officer

Post by lost360 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:59 pm

Probley because the clif fishermen can't get them to bite from all the ripping through the hole and despite to feed there family they pull if a mosquito lands on top of line creating a crack like a whip

John Bushmaster
Petty Officer

Post by John Bushmaster » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:01 pm

HOOKEDONFISHING wrote:How many fish you catch on the Sko John?

a few why. are you going to tell me to start snagging.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:24 pm

HOOKEDONFISHING
Lieutenant

Post by HOOKEDONFISHING » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:27 pm

John Bushmaster wrote:
HOOKEDONFISHING wrote:How many fish you catch on the Sko John?

a few why. are you going to tell me to start snagging.
I was just curious if you did so well why you wouldn't contribute positive things to this thread maybe some pics or techniques instead of all the negativity and hating.

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:26 pm

lost360 wrote:Probley because the clif fishermen can't get them to bite from all the ripping through the hole and despite to feed there family they pull if a mosquito lands on top of line creating a crack like a whip

Whats your problem with the guys that fish on the cliff? Are you one of the guys on the other side of the river that I outfish all the time, and happily floss fish in front of daily?

To you, NFCustom, and anyone else that doesn't like flossing. - I really don't give 2 sh*ts on your opinion of the way I fish. its not gonna change anything. You guys post the same thing all the time. "Well they don't bite yarn" "8ft leader isn't necessary" "They swallow my eggs on purpose" "They do bite if you throw eggs" "Snaggers on the cliff" "All it is is snagging" Its obnoxious really. If you don't like it, then don't fish places that are mainly floss fisheries. Don't pay attention to them. And throw your eggs. Have a good day everybody!
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

NFCustom
Warrant Officer

Post by NFCustom » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:34 pm

That river has been ruined. Have at it.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:11 pm

NFCustom
Warrant Officer

Post by NFCustom » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:36 pm

That 2 second thumbs up video us about as lame as a ten' leader hanging out of the ass of a nook.

Jhuynh2
Petty Officer

Post by Jhuynh2 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:39 pm

who cares what anyone does on the river. we all go to have fun and meet other fisherman and feed our families. If you hit a snag in the river it will feel like a fish so you set the hook also. once again who cares. let the angry mean people be by themselves - angry men

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:26 pm

Why in the WORLD is this thread not shut down, deleted and never ever allowed to be seen by anyone again? Just this thread alone is making me embarrassed to post anywhere on the entire website. I say get rid of this nonsense now
http://www.riverchromeguideservice.com

River Chrome Guide Service specializes in salmon and steelhead fishing in Puget Sound and The Olympic Peninsula

Official WashingtonLakes.com Sponsor

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:22 pm

My guess is that the moderators hope it will stop since the river closed yesterday so should the thread. personally I did alright at the skok, a few on eggs but mainly flossed/snagged fish.

NFCustom
Warrant Officer

Post by NFCustom » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:29 pm

Brat Bonker wrote:My guess is that the moderators hope it will stop since the river closed yesterday so should the thread. personally I did alright at the skok, a few on eggs but mainly flossed/snagged fish.
The last five words if that last post are the reason this thread should have never existed in the first place. It would not fly anywhere else. Why is snagging permitted here?

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:55 am

NFCustom wrote:[Why is snagging permitted here?
I HAVE NO IDEA!?! Like seriously what is going on here
http://www.riverchromeguideservice.com

River Chrome Guide Service specializes in salmon and steelhead fishing in Puget Sound and The Olympic Peninsula

Official WashingtonLakes.com Sponsor

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:53 am

NFCustom wrote: The last five words if that last post are the reason this thread should have never existed in the first place. It would not fly anywhere else. Why is snagging permitted here?
who cares if we talk about how we fish, its not like I am proud of how I fish there, I would much rather be able to catch legally with out having to do that and I respect the guys that do, you don't see me complaining about bobber guys drifting where everyone else is drift fishing.

jd39
Commander

Post by jd39 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:03 am

Pretty sad thread indeed but i like that the mods let it play out. Just my $.02. Honestly it's helped inform my views as a newer angler to rivers.

lost360
Petty Officer

Post by lost360 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:35 am

Ok horse is dead they said they jest snagging so I got what I wanted to hear . Have a great day [scared]

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:05 am

When does the river open again?