Salt Deficient!!

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
RiverWarrior
Petty Officer

Salt Deficient!!

Post by RiverWarrior » Wed May 15, 2013 12:54 am

Its been a while since i have put a line into the water, and even longer since I've been out in the salt! Going to school on the east side doesn't exactly help me to get my salt fix. Checked the WDFW website for the new regulations and saw they had some up coming Razor Clam Digs. Called up my friend and decided to go on Saturday the 11th, and figured if we are driving all that way for some clams we might as well get a line wet. We arrived at Twin Harbors around 7:30AM (low tide at 8:12) Got our limits of clams (good size too) and set out in search of the beautiful surf perch. It was a great day on the water I ended the day with 7 Perch, My friend caught 5, and his Dad caught 6. Got to love washington State. [thumbsup]

Mordalphus
Lieutenant

Re: Salt Deficient!!

Post by Mordalphus » Wed May 15, 2013 7:39 am

Nice video, I'm jealous! Still haven't gotten out for surf perch. I bet those were delicious!

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed May 15, 2013 2:13 pm

Nice video indeed. That looks really fun. I havent wet my line since Jan steelhead. Im overwhelmed at work lately.

SoDakboy
Petty Officer

Post by SoDakboy » Wed May 15, 2013 2:50 pm

Heading out to La Push on memorial day weekend hope to catch some surf perch. If I'm really lucky I'll catch some rockfish and/or a ling or two [-o<

Dan Boone
Lieutenant

Post by Dan Boone » Wed May 15, 2013 7:44 pm

Mordalphus wrote:Nice video, I'm jealous! Still haven't gotten out for surf perch. I bet those were delicious!
Same here, never done razor clams either, but looks like I will be sometime soon.

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Wed May 15, 2013 8:17 pm

fun! good vids.. looking fwd myself to fishing the surf someday.. just don't get to the ocean enough..

RiverWarrior
Petty Officer

Post by RiverWarrior » Wed May 15, 2013 9:03 pm

Thanks for the comments guys. When those surf perch hit your bait, usually the smack it! its great fun. Just get out there and get it done!

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Thu May 16, 2013 8:11 am

Man that looks like a blast!

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:54 am

I've never fished the surf before but it sure looks like fun. [-o<