Any Good Brook Trout Streams?

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
fisherben
Petty Officer

Any Good Brook Trout Streams?

Post by fisherben » Mon May 06, 2013 5:37 pm

I'm not trying to bust anyone's secret fishing spot, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of any decent brook trout creeks/streams that are not too far from the Seattle area? Even the Leavenworth area would work, but west of the cascades is preferable. I'm just interested in doing some C&R for brook trout. Nothing wrong with cutts and rainbows; I just like to try different species. Thanks guys!

Steelheadin360
Commodore

Re: Any Good Brook Trout Streams?

Post by Steelheadin360 » Mon May 06, 2013 7:34 pm

Entiat river just north of wenatchee is a top notch river for eastern brook trout.

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Mon May 06, 2013 8:42 pm

The upper Foss River system has them as does Summit in Pierce County to name a few. In fact, many of the alpine lakes have them so find one that is close, wait till the snow thaws and give it a go!

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Mon May 06, 2013 9:35 pm

It may not be a stream... but Coal lake up on the Mountain Loop Hwy past Granite falls, has brook trout all day long. You can see them, and cast to them.

obryan214
Commander

Post by obryan214 » Tue May 07, 2013 10:48 am

for the third and final attempt to try and post this a local fly shop worker says they are in the upper snoqualmie.

schu7498
Commander

Post by schu7498 » Tue May 07, 2013 11:15 am

Hamma hamma and lena creek have brookies, along with the lakes.

fisherben
Petty Officer

Post by fisherben » Fri May 10, 2013 10:32 am

G-Man wrote:The upper Foss River system has them as does Summit in Pierce County to name a few. In fact, many of the alpine lakes have them so find one that is close, wait till the snow thaws and give it a go!
G-Man, do you mean upstream or downstream of Trout Lake? If downstream, does the east fork Foss have brooks as well? If upstream, what lakes have them?
Thanks!

zen leecher
Commander

Post by zen leecher » Fri May 10, 2013 11:06 am

If I remember correctly Heather Lake has brookies in it. I think I caught some back in 95 or so when we camped up there. The fish weren't big so we never went back. Heather is a Granite Falls area lake.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Fri May 10, 2013 12:50 pm

Icicle creek,White River,American river.

FlyGirl
Petty Officer

Post by FlyGirl » Fri May 10, 2013 1:12 pm

I didn't really want to start a new thread, as it is in the same vein. I was wondering about some good rainbow trout rivers/streams? I have fished the Green to death with nothing bigger than 5-6 inches. Tried the Middle Snoqualmie with same results. I'm looking for areas within an hour or two of the greater Seattle area. Any thoughts? Thanks!

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Fri May 10, 2013 1:52 pm

The best ever fly fishing I've done was in Crab Creek and Rocky Ford river. I got reeled twice at Rocky Ford.Unfortunately they are in the Moses Lake area. Its a good 3 hour drive for most 5 hours for me. (water pills) hahaha. Honestly though those are a fly fisherperson holiday.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Fri May 10, 2013 2:18 pm

Crab Creek is fun as are the seep lakes. Rocky Ford can be good but it's all private property, C&R only, no stepping in the creek, rattle snakes and the fish have seen about every fly known to man, need I say they aren't ashamed to let you know that either. That said, when you do entice one to bite it will be a whooper!!! Most I've seen a 20"+ and most in the plus!!!!
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

econovanman
Angler

Post by econovanman » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:15 pm

Secret squirel spot around the yakima valley is the upper portions of the atahunam creek. With a Ultra light rod and a panther martin you can c&r all day. Ive caught well over 100 on my best day on the creek.

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:04 pm

the sammamish slough in between woodinville and in redmond have plenty of small trout to hit with your flies right now..

drysuperfly52
Commander

Post by drysuperfly52 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:57 am

one shot is on it, along with the brookies you will probably hook up onto a pikeminnow as well.

spada creek has brookies. park you car where the gravel switch backs start and start working your way up the river. the creek is dam controled so its a good bet early in the year. PM me if you want more info on it.

taylor creek off of middle fork snoqualmie also produces but the water level might be too high right now.
Yes i am 6'8", NO i didn't play basketball in school