Potholes Fall Walleye

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
blurock
Warrant Officer

Potholes Fall Walleye

Post by blurock » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:55 am

I'll be heading over there next week, but haven't fished fall walleye since I was little and was hoping someone might lend me some tips and tricks?
I usually fish worm harnesses for spring/early summer eyes, but I'm guessing crankbaits for fall right?

What would help me out the most would be locations to focus on. Perch Point? Crab Creek? Mouth of Lind Coulee?

Anything would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Potholes Fall Walleye

Post by Amx » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:17 pm

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... HCyn8fj7XY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Aku ... =yfp-t-701" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tom.

Interests: living

blurock
Warrant Officer

Post by blurock » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:12 pm

Thanks AMX, however I've searched all over the internet and not found much info. Im looking more for specifics on September/early fall walleye in potholes reservoir. Most stuff online is columbia or midwest walleye or potholes spring eyes. I have some ideas but was hoping for more info then I've found online.

Rosann G
Commander

Post by Rosann G » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:11 pm

Contact Mardon for info as most of the people that fish for walleyes over here seem to be real tight-lipped about their fishing. We'd give you some info but we haven't been fishing all this year.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:14 pm

You might try pm-ing fishinChristian, I see him post quite a bit on potholes and the surrounding area...
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

TerryBullard
Petty Officer

Post by TerryBullard » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:22 am

blurock wrote:I'll be heading over there next week, but haven't fished fall walleye since I was little and was hoping someone might lend me some tips and tricks?
I usually fish worm harnesses for spring/early summer eyes, but I'm guessing crankbaits for fall right?

What would help me out the most would be locations to focus on. Perch Point? Crab Creek? Mouth of Lind Coulee?

Anything would be appreciated. Thanks guys!
I'm probably a bit late here, sorry.

I live at Mardon, focus in on Goose Island. It's always overlooked and there is some very big walleyes there. There are 4 holes between Goose and the dam and if you hit them right you will always pick up a walleye. There are a couple big rocky shelves there as well, a long line with a 1/2 bottom bouncer works great on the shelves. There is a non-shelf harness called a Third Rate Lure invented by Dick Hemore that is a major walleye getter and always good for a limit. Ask for Dick or Mike for info on how to tie it. The salmon size trout have been biting in great numbers here too. Limits have been taken in just a few hours. Don't waste your time at Lind Coulee unless your after trout.

If you do well, drop off a few fish at the Mardon store for me, grin.
Terry Bullard
--
Crayfishing Made Easy
Everyone is Doing It!
Are You?

blurock
Warrant Officer

Post by blurock » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:49 am

Wow, Terry that is great! Thanks so much for the tips! I really appreciate it, and can't wait to get out there and try it! :)
Hopefully there will be a few fillets waiting for you at the store ;)

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:08 pm

I was gonna do Banks this weekend but I havent been to mar-don in a few years now. I've caught smaller Walleye off the dock there. Is that still an option . If I go I cant take my boat. My leg still dosent bend well. Im gonna be a shore bounder. Back then off the Mar-Don dock was good. Still is???