Occupation

Have a good idea for the site? Lets talk about it!
2000subaru
Commander

Occupation

Post by 2000subaru » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:26 pm

I often wonder when browsing the site what people do for their everyday jobs. SOme people are online for what seems to be all day and others post strictly between 7pm and 10pm. Would it be too much to ask to include that as info below our avatar? I am willing to bet that I am not the only firefighter on this site and without having to look at everyones profile I would be able to figure it out. I'm not asking for employer, address and work number, lets be serious here. I would just about stake money on it that people see posts and say "How can that guy be posting at 6:30 in the morning...Doesn't he work?" This could add to the fun and enjoyability of the site. Please advise.

Chris

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Occupation

Post by A9 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:13 am

Student. Two classes a day (an hour each) here at college doesn't really keep me away from the site. I'm always around the computer so I'm frequently on the forum many times a day...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

the1fishingpro
Lieutenant

Post by the1fishingpro » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:54 am

Graduated High School and Have a day Job working at BIG 5 right now. Applied at Costco the other day and got an interview, but not sure how thats gonna turn out. Not getting to much work right now, so Im just chillin on WL.com a lot and Reading up on info. Playin a little Guitar here and there.
If in doubt set the hook!

felts_jf
Warrant Officer

Post by felts_jf » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:18 am

United States Air Force, Aircraft Mechanic!!! "If you aint maintenance you aint sh!t" Hoorah

Jason
The boat doesnt catch fish it's the person. Rippin Lips

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:21 am

Mainframe Computer geek, and dog trainer on the side.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

michaelunbewust
Commander

Post by michaelunbewust » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:47 am

warehouse manager. i run a large warehouse. we ship slabs of engineered quartz & granite (60"x144") all over the world. we have also recently purchased a sink company in china, so, no more home depot for my wl.com friends. i am on the web all day routing my shipments and putting out fires, and, not the kind suburu fights! anybody need a slab for a countertop or a sink for the house/bathroom shoot me a pm. great thread also suburu.

shawn
Commander

Post by shawn » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:52 am

2000subaru wrote:I often wonder when browsing the site what people do for their everyday jobs. SOme people are online for what seems to be all day and others post strictly between 7pm and 10pm. Would it be too much to ask to include that as info below our avatar? I am willing to bet that I am not the only firefighter on this site and without having to look at everyones profile I would be able to figure it out. I'm not asking for employer, address and work number, lets be serious here. I would just about stake money on it that people see posts and say "How can that guy be posting at 6:30 in the morning...Doesn't he work?" This could add to the fun and enjoyability of the site. Please advise.

Chris
You are not the only firefire.During our states fire season I work for DNR fighting wildland forest fires.As of right now I'm waiting on the waiting list due to be called to Califonia.During the winter months I paint custom cabinets.The company I work for did ABC Extreme Home Makeover.They did one in Kingston and I was in on the in Port Orchard.I also paint interiors of homes during the winter.But I perfer cabinets.So usauly when painting cabinets you have to apply all kinds of diffrent applications that have stet-up times.I'm trying to get in to school.Out here for fire science with a background in forestry.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."Edmund Burke

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... %20Season/

lskiles
Commander

Post by lskiles » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:09 am

I think it would be a good idea. Another way to pigeon-hole one another (just kidding).

I know that some times I am surprised when I check on someone’s profile and see what they do for a living.

I draw pictures for a living…I am an architectural detailer for Christensen Shipyards in Vancouver, USA. We build 140 to 160 foot 40 million dollar+ yachts for people who have nothing better to spend their money on. I would be happy with one of the tenders we put on for scooting to and from shore. LOL
Attachments
Lady_Joy_1.jpg
Lady_Joy_1.jpg (56.08 KiB) Viewed 7284 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:46 am

I am a freelance lure tester but have a second job to help me thru the off season.

2000subaru
Commander

Post by 2000subaru » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:55 am

michaelunbewust wrote:warehouse manager. i run a large warehouse. we ship slabs of engineered quartz & granite (60"x144") all over the world. we have also recently purchased a sink company in china, so, no more home depot for my wl.com friends. i am on the web all day routing my shipments and putting out fires, and, not the kind suburu fights! anybody need a slab for a countertop or a sink for the house/bathroom shoot me a pm. great thread also suburu.
Gracias! Oh yeah, my wife wants everything expensive so I am sure that she wants granite! You are on my list. Thanks for the offer.

Chris

2000subaru
Commander

Post by 2000subaru » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:00 pm

shawn wrote:
2000subaru wrote:I often wonder when browsing the site what people do for their everyday jobs. SOme people are online for what seems to be all day and others post strictly between 7pm and 10pm. Would it be too much to ask to include that as info below our avatar? I am willing to bet that I am not the only firefighter on this site and without having to look at everyones profile I would be able to figure it out. I'm not asking for employer, address and work number, lets be serious here. I would just about stake money on it that people see posts and say "How can that guy be posting at 6:30 in the morning...Doesn't he work?" This could add to the fun and enjoyability of the site. Please advise.

Chris
You are not the only firefire.During our states fire season I work for DNR fighting wildland forest fires.As of right now I'm waiting on the waiting list due to be called to Califonia.During the winter months I paint custom cabinets.The company I work for did ABC Extreme Home Makeover.They did one in Kingston and I was in on the in Port Orchard.I also paint interiors of homes during the winter.But I perfer cabinets.So usauly when painting cabinets you have to apply all kinds of diffrent applications that have stet-up times.I'm trying to get in to school.Out here for fire science with a background in forestry.
No red card for me! My department is sending a Class 1 engine and 4 FF's for a strike team response to Cali. 14 days OT??? Not too shabby. Look into bates or South Seattle Community College. Seattle is mostly online and built around our schedule so minimal time away from home, some online time. Good luck

michaelunbewust
Commander

Post by michaelunbewust » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:05 pm

WHEN SHE ASKS, TELL HER HANSTONE IS THE WAY TO GO 3/12 TIMES STRONGER THAN GRANITE, AND, SHAWN, I ALSO SELL WOODTAPE/CABINET LINERS. AND THANKS GUYS FOR FIGHTING THOSE FIRES. WITHOUT YOU GUYS, OUR FORESTS/HOUSES/BUEATIFUL SCENERY WOULDNT BE AROUND TO ENJOY. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU SHAWN IF YOU ACTIVATE TO CALI.

MIKE U.

shawn
Commander

Post by shawn » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:10 pm

2000subaru wrote:
shawn wrote:

Chris
No red card for me! My department is sending a Class 1 engine and 4 FF's for a strike team response to Cali. 14 days OT??? Not too shabby. Look into bates or South Seattle Community College. Seattle is mostly online and built around our schedule so minimal time away from home, some online time. Good luck
I've got the red card and my class 1 fallers card for dangerous trees.I'm hoping they get fires under control.Before I get the call.But if not the money will be real good.If I do get the call my fly pole will go with for a little R and R.After all the work is done.There are a few places I wanna fish down there.But my first priority is to get the fire out.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."Edmund Burke

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... %20Season/

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:22 pm

After I quit teaching this past summer, I started a commercial cleaning/restoration service but do a bunch of new construction cleanups both commercial and residential. I work all hours meeting with potential clients, emergency water damage, regular janitorial and floor accounts, scheduling employees, bookkeeping, and I do some of the jobs personally to save on labor. I hope to be able to hand it over to a fulltime manager in 4 or 5 years. Then just keep up on the books and lunching/fishing with clients.

When things get too hectic with the paperwork and such, I take a self-imposed mandatory wl.com break to clear my head.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:44 pm

Project Manager, Puget Sound Energy....

Ask Littleriver and he'll tell you I'm "the guy who puts up windmills on his childhood hunting grounds"....LOL

For the record...I'm not that guy.
God Bless our brave men and women fighting to preserve our way of life!!!

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:25 pm

35 hrs a week - Producer/Production guy for a Software Game & Media company in Seattle.

ongoing - Video Producer/Editor on the side - www.oneshotproduction.net
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bpm2000
Captain

Post by bpm2000 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:40 pm

Cancer registry casefinder.

EastsideRedneck
Commander

Post by EastsideRedneck » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:57 pm

Project/Risk Manager for aerospace/defense contractor. I just recently finished my 8yr stint as a Navy nuclear mechanic on submarines and sadly, my current job is in yet another building/place without windows.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:17 pm

felts_jf wrote:United States Air Force, Aircraft Mechanic!!! "If you aint maintenance you aint sh!t" Hoorah

Jason
Well, that sure sounds familiar. I was ground comm maintenance and that's what we used to tell the ops types all the time.:cheers:

I'm a bodyman in my "afterlife".:-$
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:56 pm

felts_jf wrote:United States Air Force, Aircraft Mechanic!!! "If you aint maintenance you aint sh!t" Hoorah

Jason
I know the feeling. During my hitch (way back) I worked OMS launch/recovery on B52's. I am amazed that the Air Force is still flying those birds. When I worked on them in the early 70's, I would have bet big money the 52 would be sent to the boneyard in the 80's. To this day, the B52 and the B17 are still the best bombers ever built. Says something about Boeing doesn't it.
Over the years, I have met many marines and army infantry who were in Vietnam. I would be asked if I was over there. I would reply, "in a round about way". I'd tell them I launched B52's for Nam missions. Several of the guys would tell me, "don't cut yourself short. When the BUFF's would come over, things would get a whole lot better real quick!" That always made me feel good.
I loved working on the buff's, but hated the haircut inspections every morning#-o
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.