so whats up with trout fishing?

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
travislikesfishing
Lieutenant

so whats up with trout fishing?

Post by travislikesfishing » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:06 pm

whats goin on with trout fishing no one has talk about trout or trout realted stuff for a while though i think it has been pretty slow i went last weekend to jump of joe and got only 1 brook 1 rainbow brook was 13in rb was 12in fishing for 6 hours
KEEP UR LINE TIGHT SO U CAN FEEL THE BITE!!!!!

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

RE:so whats up with trout fishing?

Post by Marc Martyn » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:41 pm

Jump Off Joe has been slow this fall. You did better than I did when I was up there in September.
Several of the lakes in the Spokane area are now closed. That is why you are not hearing anything.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:12 am

Lots of the focus on this site is seasonal. Time come spring time, it's a lot of trout fishing talk so you'll hear a lot of that when spring rolls back around.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

travislikesfishing
Lieutenant

Post by travislikesfishing » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:57 pm

well tell then i guess ill work on my salmon fishing skills im goin steelhead fishing this weekend im hopin to go chum salom fishing soon as i hear more about it.!.!.!

beresford13861
Warrant Officer

Post by beresford13861 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:32 am

Trout seasons just starting for us down here, next month ill be out catchin' trouts!
well i did go out last weekend, to Lake CUyamaca and got 3 fish in 2 hours before the winds and fires started.

travislikesfishing
Lieutenant

Post by travislikesfishing » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:18 pm

how close are u to the fire?

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:28 pm

I don't fish that often for trout until December/January and I usually wean myself away by late February when the bass bug gets the best of me. Then I may only get 4 or 5 trout trips the rest of the year.

beresford13861
Warrant Officer

Post by beresford13861 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:36 pm

travislikesfishing wrote:how close are u to the fire?
well theres been a total of near 20 fires..but im not that close to any. i work 14 mi from two of them, and then the bigones in Arrowhead are withen an hour drive. my hosue is fine, untill another stupid person sets a new fire.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:02 pm

We hear a lot about the damage and evacuations, but nothing about how they started. I did hear one report that a power line was blown down by the wind.

Several years ago, we in the Spokane area had a Firestorm and many homes were lost. 60 mph winds and bone dry conditions. Many of the area fires were started by downed trees hitting power lines.

travislikesfishing
Lieutenant

Post by travislikesfishing » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:42 pm

i heard on the news one of the biggest ones was arsin (someone starting it) not sure if i spelled it right wells thats good ur not in danger!! so what kind and size of trout you catch in california

felts_jf
Warrant Officer

Post by felts_jf » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:23 am

Hopefully they will start calming down. They are starting to task us to go down there I just got a briefing the other day on it. Two of my best friends just left today heading down there to fight fires, I wanted to go with them but not my time yet.
The boat doesnt catch fish it's the person. Rippin Lips

Captain Jim
Angler

Post by Captain Jim » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:33 pm

Hey Guys!

I have an website for you that tells which lakes, in which counties, (in Washington) and when the seasons end and so on.

http://www.wdfw.wa.gov/outreach/fishing/wfg2001/s_cty

I hope this helps!

ALSO, If anyone in the Spokane area wants to go fishing, we have a boat and NO truck. So, If you've got a truck then let's go fishing!

Captain Jim
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

travislikesfishing
Lieutenant

Post by travislikesfishing » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:20 pm

hey captain jim my uncle just got a nissan pathfinder and he is getting a hitch for in a week and we fish together all the time we have accses to our work boat ( we work at the same place) but its a 12 footer with just a trolling motor its not bad at all but its gone sometimes and i thnk they might be puting it in storage for the winter but anyway we are friendly fun people and i dont mind chippin in on gas and what not so ill ask him if thats something he would want to do we live in spokane valley by the mall. just curios what kind of boat and what do u like to fish for?

Captain Jim
Angler

Post by Captain Jim » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:31 am

Hey Travis,

Hi, this is Jim's wife Jen and I usually go with him; unless it's snowing or a downpoor. Anyway, our boat is an, I think 14 ft., Harbercraft. It has a Mercury, I think 2-stroke. Of course, if my husband were here to reply right now he would have a cow and insist on doing it himself. But we have everything including the hitch. We have a truck, but we haven't found the time or the means to get over to Olympia to get it yet! Jim is the skipper of the boat; and we troll for Trout. We live up here on the Northside of Spokane up near the "Y". Okay, catch ya' later.

Jen

travislikesfishing
Lieutenant

Post by travislikesfishing » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:44 pm

ok kool well ill see him in 3 hrs so ill talk to him see what he says and hopefully we will all be hitting the water soon!!
TRAV

Captain Jim
Angler

Post by Captain Jim » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:11 pm

Hey man,

There is something mechanically wrong with my motor; and it needs to be repaired. Unfortunately, this is going to cancel all my fishing for the fall until I can afford to get it fixed. Sorry man! It really sucks! Happy Fishing!

Captain Jim

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:39 pm

Captain Jim,
you should consider an electric Minn Kota for your boat. Super quiet, no gas, really easy to use and the Endura model can take a beating...

Would get you back on the water too and soon if you got one at like a Joes or something. They are really cheap and you can usually get a battery and charger for under $200, keeping the whole tab under $350 or so....
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

the1fishingpro
Lieutenant

Post by the1fishingpro » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:03 pm

Went Trout fishing at Battle Ground Lake today with Lyndon and Fisherman_max. Fished for spawning Broods, but None would bite. Saw a guy catch a nice 2.5lb 21" Rainbow on Green Powerbait. But altogether, it was freezing and none of us happened to catch anything. Probably wont hit the lake for a while, but might go Perch fishing with worms tomorrow. Did get a couple follows by broods on a #5 Blue Fox and a Silver Wee Wart.
If in doubt set the hook!

lskiles
Commander

Post by lskiles » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:27 am

Captain Jim wrote:Hey Guys!

I have an website for you that tells which lakes, in which counties, (in Washington) and when the seasons end and so on.

http://www.wdfw.wa.gov/outreach/fishing/wfg2001/s_cty

I hope this helps!

ALSO, If anyone in the Spokane area wants to go fishing, we have a boat and NO truck. So, If you've got a truck then let's go fishing!

Captain Jim
Hey Captain Jim,

Thanks for the info on County-to-county. I was reading through it and when I read about Fort Borst Pond I thought it was open only to juveniles 14 years and younger...that is when I realized the web site was from 2001. I do not know why they would not delete old information.

The same web site for 2007 is:
http://wdfw.wa.gov/fish/prospects/county.htm

Good fishing,
Lewis

travislikesfishing
Lieutenant

Post by travislikesfishing » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:10 pm

its all good jim!