Lake Eniat / Columbia river fishing?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Cmoney2198
Petty Officer

Lake Eniat / Columbia river fishing?

Post by Cmoney2198 » Wed May 25, 2011 3:03 pm

Not sure if I posted in the correct section but...

I will be camping this weekend in eniat, our site is directly on the columbia( I guess its called lake eniat?) We will have our own boat launch and acess to the river.
I have never fished this section of the columbia and was wondering if anyone could give me and information on it.

I have gear for just about every kind of fishing. Also, I plan on taking my little 12ft boat with a 9.9hp and bow mount ( please let me know if that would be stupid, ive checked the flows near this area but cant really determine if they are high or not because i don't have any prior experience in this area.)

I really appriciate any help!

Thanks
chris

TomD
Petty Officer

RE:Lake Eniat / Columbia river fishing?

Post by TomD » Wed May 25, 2011 4:36 pm

Check out the Lake Entiat section in the reports...

http://www.washingtonlakes.com/ReportLi ... id=447&t=5

probably too late and not open for steelhead, but maybe some walleye???

Teal101
Warrant Officer

RE:Lake Eniat / Columbia river fishing?

Post by Teal101 » Wed May 25, 2011 6:12 pm

I fished just above Rock Island dam last year for a bit and landed a nice sized rainbow. C&R only on them, so he got let go. Caught it on a chrome/blue back rat-l-trap in one of the coves.