Fish-N-Fool Tournament Conversations Post Here!

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Fish_Bait111397
Captain

RE:Fish-N-Fool Tournament Conversations Post Here!

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Wed May 18, 2011 9:13 pm

Lol, yeah it would be useful !
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Wed May 18, 2011 9:51 pm

Way to go AMX on the first fish caught and entered in the tourney! Nice fish!
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Wed May 18, 2011 10:33 pm

Just a little one. Took about 20 minutes to get tired, left, came back half hour later, and another 10 minutes or so to get him. There is a 6 or 7 pounder on the same nest.

Took me 10 minutes to take the picture. Had to motor upwind. Did stuff, motor up wind, did stuff, motor up wind, haul out the anchor, motor up wind, set the anchor.

Then tried to take the picture and the batteries fell out. Had to reset the time and stuff.

Finaly got to release the fish back at the nest.

Lost another fish when the greenie worm landed next to a dock and a fish grabbed the tail and took it right off the hook.

Then it got windier so I came home.

Don't know why the time and date didn't show up in the picture. Don't have the manual for the camera because this computer won't except the pictures from the camera. I've never set the time and date before either.

I have to download the picture to the old 11 year old computer, my first computer, load it onto a memory stick, then load into this computer, takes a bit but it gets here.
Tom.

Interests: living

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Wed May 18, 2011 10:40 pm

I lightened the picture and you can then see the hook. Guess I'll reload to the lighter picture. You can almost see where the lure slid up the line. Maybe I'll try to enlarge the picture for a better view. I took 4 pictures trying to get the sun angle and such right so I could see the writing on the cards. Didn't even think about not being able to see the hook or line.
Last edited by Amx on Wed May 18, 2011 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Wed May 18, 2011 10:55 pm

Yea it sounds like it's going to be a bit of an ordeal to take the pictures, it may take a couple of fish to get the routine down. But congrats on the first fish AMX!

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Wed May 18, 2011 11:09 pm

Looks to me like the cards need to be in the shade and the fish in the sunlight. I took 4 pictures and 2 of them have the cards in partial shade. The words show up better in the shade at time of day with the high sun.

After I lightened the picture, and enlarged it, the line can be seen above the back of the fish in line with the pictoreal fin and in front of the dorsal fin. At least it looks like the line to me. It's 10 pound test florocarbon and can't be seen easily. The hook is in the upper jaw and is above the hinge, you can see part of the hook.

There are hinges there so the side and back fold down for better storage.
Tom.

rjn cajun
Captain

Post by rjn cajun » Thu May 19, 2011 12:46 am

Nice job Tom:bounce: I`ll be there in the am and hopfully get to post.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Thu May 19, 2011 12:50 am

Tom, the measurer and fish looks great! The only thought that came to mind when I looked at the picture was get a little closer to the fish when you take the picture. Just NOT too close... LOL

I gotta do similar on all the xferring, that is, since she won't let me touch that other computer, I have to wait till she down loads it from the cam mem card to the stick LOL: Tom "I have to download the picture to the old 11 year old computer, my first computer, load it onto a memory stick, then load into this computer, takes a bit but it gets here. "

I set all the exposure and aperature stuff to auto on my cam, if it can be shaded, the cam will do the best work, but really, this is really for some fun fishing, low stakes, kinda like a gentleman's bet tourney, I can't imagine a good effort photo would be kicked out due to the card has a little shimmer across it.

Well Done AMX!

Below, I posted AMX's fish and then a couple other photos just for examples of what a difference it makes to bring the camera closer to the fish. If these photos are cropped and enlarged it seems that we lose a lot of detail since, at least I, have to bring my pixel count way down on the camera in order to simplify posting photos at WALAKES...
Attachments
Red_Rock_13in_crappie.JPG
Red_Rock_13in_crappie.JPG (56.47 KiB) Viewed 2197 times
Stan_Coffin_a_14in_bass.JPG
Stan_Coffin_a_14in_bass.JPG (62.8 KiB) Viewed 2198 times
AMXs_fish.jpg
AMXs_fish.jpg (75.57 KiB) Viewed 2196 times
Last edited by MarkFromSea on Thu May 19, 2011 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu May 19, 2011 1:09 am

Ya, I don't know why all 4 pictures turned out so dark what with the 1pm high sun, but that's ok. I had the pixel size up so I could crop the picture and enlarge it as necessary, works with the dog and car pictures, and the racoons in the trees. lol But the next time I'll up the pixel count even more so the enlargement comes out sharper. Not like I'm going to be taking 400 pictures in one day. I can set it to 60, or fewer, and that'll be great for enlarging and cropping.
Tom.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Thu May 19, 2011 1:34 am

Makes sense AMX...... If you know you'll need to crop, up the pixel count on the cam, crop and enlarge, then lower the pixel count of the photo before posting to WALAKES.... Hmmmm, I'll just move the camera closer to the fish.

Oh, your camera is reading the bright light reflecting off of the cards, the rest looks darker but still great.

Mine are dark since it was raining pretty heavy at the time and what should I expect for 8pm(19:57) on the bass photo. I could have used the flash... LOL

rjn cajun
Captain

Post by rjn cajun » Thu May 19, 2011 1:34 am

I didn`t think about all that croping and stuff. I hope mine turns out because I`m not very familiar with that camera stuff.

Stacie Kelsey
Commander

Post by Stacie Kelsey » Thu May 19, 2011 1:39 am

Great job guys!! I've been following this thread and what a fun idea. Looking to seeing more fish pics!
Inland Fish Program - WDFW
Region 5 - Vancouver, WA
http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/washington/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu May 19, 2011 1:42 am

MarkFromSea wrote:Makes sense AMX...... If you know you'll need to crop, up the pixel count on the cam, crop and enlarge, then lower the pixel count of the photo before posting to WALAKES.... Hmmmm, I'll just move the camera closer to the fish.

Oh, your camera is reading the bright light reflecting off of the cards, the rest looks darker but still great.

Mine are dark since it was raining pretty heavy at the time and what should I expect for 8pm(19:57) on the bass photo. I could have used the flash... LOL
Ya, I noticed the reflection off the plastic bag that the code card was in, but didn't see that until I was looking at the pictures on the computer. Am thinking of angling the cards too. At first I had the cards on the back wall and you can see the wires at the top. I changed my mind and put the cards down next to the fish. I might try back at the top for tomorrow's fish. :)
Tom.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu May 19, 2011 1:45 am

Stacie Kelsey wrote:Great job guys!! I've been following this thread and what a fun idea. Looking to seeing more fish pics!
Well the first place I'm going tomorrow is after the 6 to 7 pounder. And the darn fish that took my green foolish worm. Maybe I can disect/operate on the fish and get it back. :-k
Last edited by Amx on Thu May 19, 2011 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom.

Stacie Kelsey
Commander

Post by Stacie Kelsey » Thu May 19, 2011 1:46 am

Well, I have major fish barfing skills, so just let me know if you need me!
Region 5 - Vancouver, WA
http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/washington/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu May 19, 2011 1:50 am

Stacie Kelsey wrote:Well, I have major fish barfing skills, so just let me know if you need me!
[img=http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ima ... /shock.gif]o o[/img]I need you. :scratch: Are you married? [img=http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ima ... /devil.gif]d[/img]
Tom.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Thu May 19, 2011 1:52 am

Shimmer/shine happens... I was referring to the white of the card reflects the brightness to your camera and your camera shortens the time that the aperature is open,,, if these new fangled digital cameras work similar to the film cameras that is.,,,, The camera darkens the rest of the photo..... shine = just the angle of the card in relation to the sun..... just like you figured.

Stacie Kelsey
Commander

Post by Stacie Kelsey » Thu May 19, 2011 1:54 am

Amx wrote:
Stacie Kelsey wrote:Well, I have major fish barfing skills, so just let me know if you need me!
[img=http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ima ... /shock.gif]o o[/img]I need you. :scratch: Are you married? [img=http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ima ... /devil.gif]d[/img]
LOL!! Nope, I'm not married. People always find that an interesting skill to list as having. Actually it grosses out most people, but it is so cool. Especially catfish which are notoriously bad to barf. But the stuff you find in them is SO cool!
Region 5 - Vancouver, WA

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Thu May 19, 2011 1:59 am

rjn cajun wrote:I didn`t think about all that croping and stuff. I hope mine turns out because I`m not very familiar with that camera stuff.
I didn't make any changes to my photos. It should be just fine.. I just try to fill the frame with the fish by getting closer, I have to since my fish are so small. LOL Now it's time to get some qualifiers, on an FnF bait. Much harder than it looks on you tube vids. LOL

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu May 19, 2011 2:05 am

Stacie Kelsey wrote:
Amx wrote:
LOL!! Nope, I'm not married. People always find that an interesting skill to list as having. Actually it grosses out most people, but it is so cool. Especially catfish which are notoriously bad to barf. But the stuff you find in them is SO cool!
Yup, me single too. Don't wanna get married. Too old now anywho. LOL

At least it's possible to barf fish now instead of having to kill them all to take tummy samples.
Tom.