Fish-N-Fool Tournament Conversations Post Here!

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
fishingmachine
Admiral

RE:Fish-N-Fool Tournament Conversations Post Here!

Post by fishingmachine » Thu May 12, 2011 4:25 pm

Bite has been great for me as of late

rockjiggr
Warrant Officer

Post by rockjiggr » Thu May 12, 2011 8:11 pm

I got my first bass on a Sink N Fool bait today, 3rd cast nonetheless! Nice 2.5# smallie at an undisclosed lake. (Too close to tourney time to give away any secrets ;o) I like the way these baits work. They are very heavy and cast well. They skip well too. And, just as Fish N Fool Rick said, they have a very nice fluttering wobble as they sink. These may be a new go-to bait for me this year. Gonna have to save up some money and make a purchase soon.

Thanks to Rick and Mike for organizing the tournament and for the sample baits!
The cast that catches the fish is never too short. Patrick McManus

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu May 12, 2011 8:13 pm

I'm not even going to try mine until Sat. Don't want to be loosing one on a fish that doesn't count. Just have to decide what time to hit the lake Sat.
Tom.

Interests: living

rockjiggr
Warrant Officer

Post by rockjiggr » Thu May 12, 2011 8:50 pm

Tom, I was a little wary of using mine too but I just had to see how it works. After cathing the fish with it, I noticed that the hook wanted to slip a bit. I touched it up with a small piece of rubber inner tube to hold the bait in place on the shank of the hook. Simple little fix up. I recommend it to all who plan to participate in the tourney.

rjn cajun
Captain

Post by rjn cajun » Thu May 12, 2011 8:57 pm

after the pigs I saw today I wanted to throw a FNF bait but I`m gonna wait also. If I can present these baits to the fish right this things over.:-" I hope I didn`t just put my foot in my mouth.#-o

rockjiggr
Warrant Officer

Post by rockjiggr » Thu May 12, 2011 9:22 pm

I don't care who wins this contest, I am just glad to be able to participate and anxious to see all the big fish pictures.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu May 12, 2011 9:37 pm

I have an idea who could win, but I don't know if he is even entered, and I'm not going to go look or ask.

I'm just going to have fun with it, and yes look at all the pictures.:)
Tom.

rjn cajun
Captain

Post by rjn cajun » Thu May 12, 2011 10:14 pm

Amx wrote:I have an idea who could win, but I don't know if he is even entered, and I'm not going to go look or ask.

I'm just going to have fun with it, and yes look at all the pictures.:)
If we are thinking of the same person your right. I don`t think we or I would have much of a chance. I`m not gonna say anymore.:-"

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Fri May 13, 2011 12:11 am

rjn cajun wrote:
MarkFromSea wrote:
Amx wrote:With the weather being what it is going to be for the first week it's going to be touchy for a couple lakes. Remains to be seen if they turn on enough in some of the lakes. Some lakes and ponds are already producing.
LOL Just saw the news, weather, todays high temp was a new record for this date, coldest high temp. Looks like heading to E WA might be a better bet. Just starting this bass targeting, wheh, up hill battle. It'll be a fun adventure looking for rarely targeted waters. I have managed to catch 2 dinks here in a couple westside lakes. Looking forward to that first 14"+ bass.
Your gonna need to look ahead alot further for that first 14" bass.:-" Don`t think going east is gonna help you out eithe. I think it`s been just as bad there as here. Although I`ve seen some nice reports.
LOL Since I've never targeted bass seriously in the past, my expectations are low. My dreams on the other hand, well, those are over the moon! LOL I dream of finding that spot that the water is warmer, the bass are in a furious feeding frenzy, that someone hasn't hit that spot this year yet and that they are larger than 14".

In the spirit of me over thinking everything, I popped this box together today.
Attachments
Derby_Test_Pics_002.JPG
Derby_Test_Pics_002.JPG (172.8 KiB) Viewed 2287 times
Derby_Test_Pics_005.JPG
Derby_Test_Pics_005.JPG (139.33 KiB) Viewed 2289 times
Derby_Test_Pics_003.JPG
Derby_Test_Pics_003.JPG (186.22 KiB) Viewed 2298 times
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Fri May 13, 2011 12:17 am

24 inches? [img=http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ima ... s/haha.gif]5[/img] Good luck. :bounce:

I'm not going to post what I made, it's not as fancy as yours.
Tom.

rjn cajun
Captain

Post by rjn cajun » Fri May 13, 2011 12:25 am

Mark that looks great. Now the ouestions. Do we have to right down the method which we caught the fish and the lake we caught the fish at? I thought that part was posted on the site under your name and entry. We just needed the length your card with name and entry numer which Mike is going to give us in the next day or so and date time unless you have it on your camera and of course a pic with the bait in the fish`s mouth. Correct me if I`m wrong.
Last edited by rjn cajun on Fri May 13, 2011 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Fri May 13, 2011 12:27 am

You're wrong.
Tom.

rjn cajun
Captain

Post by rjn cajun » Fri May 13, 2011 12:35 am

Amx wrote:You're wrong.
I just read the rules that were mailed with the baits again. It says different. We don`t have to write down the lake and method. That part will go on the site under your name and code.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Fri May 13, 2011 12:43 am

All fish photos must be posted in the official photo log with accompanying report stating rigging method and technique/presentation utilized, and body of water the fish was caught in. Big fish entries should include a second photo of the angler holding the fish to be used for promos.
Is to be posted in the official thread as you post the picture. :-k But it won't hurt to write it on the card for that fish's picture to help keep track I suppose. :scratch:
Tom.

rjn cajun
Captain

Post by rjn cajun » Fri May 13, 2011 12:46 am

Amx wrote:
All fish photos must be posted in the official photo log with accompanying report stating rigging method and technique/presentation utilized, and body of water the fish was caught in. Big fish entries should include a second photo of the angler holding the fish to be used for promos.
Is to be posted in the official thread as you post the picture. :-k But it won't hurt to write it on the card for that fish's picture to help keep track I suppose. :scratch:
Ok thanks for posting it cuz I was getting confused. I scanned my rules Mike mailed to me but I scanned upside down and was trying to correct it but you posted it.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Fri May 13, 2011 1:29 am

Amx wrote:24 inches? [img=http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ima ... s/haha.gif]5[/img] Good luck. :bounce:

I'm not going to post what I made, it's not as fancy as yours.
If you think 24" is funny, you're gonna love this: I can pop a couple staples and that tape measure extends to 52"! LOL I thought the pen and card holders made a nice personal touch....[razz]
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Fri May 13, 2011 1:31 am

Im wondering if i should enter this considering how hot my favorite lake is this time of year. hmmm

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Fri May 13, 2011 1:34 am

I dont even see why you made it up to 14 inches... good luck... :-"
:compress:

Contest starts in two days, good luck every one !
I dont know If i get to start this weekend,
our truck broke down a few hours. #-o :thumbdown [crying]
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Fri May 13, 2011 1:36 am

You don't need a truck on the lake, you need a boat. #-o
Tom.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri May 13, 2011 1:42 am

MarkFromSea wrote:
rjn cajun wrote:
MarkFromSea wrote: LOL Just saw the news, weather, todays high temp was a new record for this date, coldest high temp. Looks like heading to E WA might be a better bet. Just starting this bass targeting, wheh, up hill battle. It'll be a fun adventure looking for rarely targeted waters. I have managed to catch 2 dinks here in a couple westside lakes. Looking forward to that first 14"+ bass.
Your gonna need to look ahead alot further for that first 14" bass.:-" Don`t think going east is gonna help you out eithe. I think it`s been just as bad there as here. Although I`ve seen some nice reports.
LOL Since I've never targeted bass seriously in the past, my expectations are low. My dreams on the other hand, well, those are over the moon! LOL I dream of finding that spot that the water is warmer, the bass are in a furious feeding frenzy, that someone hasn't hit that spot this year yet and that they are larger than 14".

In the spirit of me over thinking everything, I popped this box together today.

Are kidding me? That is seriously cool! Very nice job on the measuring box. OK everyone, that's how to do it! [thumbsup]
Last edited by Mike Carey on Fri May 13, 2011 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".