Fish-N-Fool Tournament Conversations Post Here!

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
rjn cajun
Captain

RE:Fish-N-Fool Tournament Conversations Post Here!

Post by rjn cajun » Fri May 06, 2011 12:04 am

Amx wrote:I got the baits today also. Altho there wasn't any rules encluded. But I think I have them figured out just fine.

I think the baits will work just fine. One color I was hoping for, but didn't get, I have specific plans for, that I've been thinking about for the past couple days. The one color that is fairly close should work great.

One other color is close enough to a lure I currently use.

The other 2 colores are close and sorta close to something I use so I think the possiblities are there and the results should be good.

I just hope the lettering doesn't scare off the fish, "FISH-N-FOOL LURES" and warning the fish that they'd be fools for eating these. [img=http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ima ... /devil.gif]4[/img]
Ok game on.[thumbsup]

BassDood
Commander

Post by BassDood » Fri May 06, 2011 3:49 am

Got mine today as well. Thanks Rick and Mike. I'm working a bunch these days and my fishing time is limited, but I'm gonna give it hell!
http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... =slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Fri May 06, 2011 3:55 am

I havent got mine yet... :thumbdown
Oh well, maybe tomorrow , or the next day... or the day after that... :tongue:
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Fish-N-Fool
Captain

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Fri May 06, 2011 5:08 am

rjn cajun wrote:Mike or Rick I`m reading the rules that I got with my baits. I`m wondering where it says on another card you must have the date and time it was caught. Says this under the part that if your camera has a date and time use it. Does this mean we also have to write the date and time on a card or the camera info is good enough? Just wanna make sure.

If your camera will put a date/time stamp on the picture, you do not have to put it on paper in the photo. All you will need to show is your Verification Code that you will get in an email the nite before the tourney starts.
Inventor of the Fish-N-Fool Knot , Winner of Knot Wars

Watch my Fish-N-Fool Show on YouTube
oAoqZvrqY7o

Fish-N-Fool
Captain

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Fri May 06, 2011 5:28 am

Just wanted to let you guys know that at the Bass fishing seminar that I'm giving at the General Store in Spokane Friday the 13th I will have contests baits for anyone that has not signed up yet. so you can do so. You will still have to register here at Washington Lakes in the Fish-N-Fool lures contest forum after you get the baits, but you can still get in the day before the tournament starts.
The seminar starts at 6:30 PM Upstairs at the General store on N. Division in Spokane, Wa. There will be lots of door prizes, free coffee & cookies and a lot of fun. We will be covering how to tie up and fish some of the basic rigs, the basics on how and where to find Bass, as well as some brand new secret techniques!!!
Inventor of the Fish-N-Fool Knot , Winner of Knot Wars

Watch my Fish-N-Fool Show on YouTube
oAoqZvrqY7o

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri May 06, 2011 12:43 pm

Fish-N-Fool wrote:
rjn cajun wrote:Mike or Rick I`m reading the rules that I got with my baits. I`m wondering where it says on another card you must have the date and time it was caught. Says this under the part that if your camera has a date and time use it. Does this mean we also have to write the date and time on a card or the camera info is good enough? Just wanna make sure.

If your camera will put a date/time stamp on the picture, you do not have to put it on paper in the photo. All you will need to show is your Verification Code that you will get in an email the nite before the tourney starts.

Actually, the verification code is your User Name written on an index card with my initials on it. Use that card for each picture. You can write date and time on a piece of paper next to it if the camera doesn't have the time stamp turned on.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

basser90
Warrant Officer

Post by basser90 » Fri May 06, 2011 1:25 pm

Got my baits today and I'm stoked. I like the baits. The timing of the contest and the lakes I'll be fishing.......well I feel almost like I'm stealing candy from a baby [flapper] Biggest problem I see is not losing em. Have fun everybody =d>

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Fri May 06, 2011 3:41 pm

Amx wrote:The dates are in the other 'sign up' thread, maybe it is a little earlier in this thread;

May 14 to May 29. Times also are posted;

1 second after midnight to 1 second before midnight.
The way the weather has been I will probably wait until the 28th to go out lol.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

rjn cajun
Captain

Post by rjn cajun » Sat May 07, 2011 1:16 am

tnj8222 wrote:
Amx wrote:The dates are in the other 'sign up' thread, maybe it is a little earlier in this thread;

tnj I agree with the weather. Maybe I`ll wait till the last day also. I`m gonna wait and watch everyone else`s post and pics then go out.:-"

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sat May 07, 2011 1:21 am

rjn cajun wrote:
tnj8222 wrote:

tnj I agree with the weather. Maybe I`ll wait till the last day also. I`m gonna wait and watch everyone else`s post and pics then go out.:-"
Well, I got my 1st social security check today, and the morgage started at the credit union [saving $246 each month], and 'stuff' switched over to the new accounts, so I now have the gas money, and can now fish each of those days. [img=http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ima ... boogie.gif]5[/img] So I might or might not, that I'll decide each day as morning gets here. Hope the lures last me a week anyway. [img=http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ima ... laugh2.gif]1[/img]
Tom.

Interests: living

rjn cajun
Captain

Post by rjn cajun » Sat May 07, 2011 1:29 am

Amx wrote:
rjn cajun wrote:
tnj8222 wrote: The way the weather has been I will probably wait until the 28th to go out lol.
Well, I got my 1st social security check today, and the morgage started at the credit union [saving $246 each month], and 'stuff' switched over to the new accounts, so I now have the gas money, and can now fish each of those days. [img=http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ima ... boogie.gif]5[/img] So I might or might not, that I'll decide each day as morning gets here. Hope the lures last me a week anyway. [img=http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ima ... laugh2.gif]1[/img]
Congrats Tom now to enjoy retirement.

Stacie Kelsey
Commander

Post by Stacie Kelsey » Sat May 07, 2011 1:36 am

Looking forward to hearing about all your adventures! Best of luck of luck everyone!
Inland Fish Program - WDFW
Region 5 - Vancouver, WA
http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/washington/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Tue May 10, 2011 1:15 pm

I got my baits now ! :cheers:

I gotta question, when we take the pic of us and our fish, does the notecard with date/time, and the notecard with our catch code have to be shown with that pic?
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Tue May 10, 2011 1:43 pm

Fish_Bait111397 wrote:I got my baits now ! :cheers:

I gotta question, when we take the pic of us and our fish, does the notecard with date/time, and the notecard with our catch code have to be shown with that pic?
Yup dont forget to measure the fish in pic aswell. And the lure has to be in the mouth which is rough I lose alot of soft plastics on hookset.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Wed May 11, 2011 5:16 am

I just got my baits! I got some good colors I think, we'll see what we can do aye?

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed May 11, 2011 12:56 pm

Fish_Bait111397 wrote:I got my baits now ! :cheers:

you could write the info on the notecard, or on a different card, so long as the notecard I sent you is in the picture, and as mentioned, you have to have a measuring device along side the fish for length verification. The lake/river and date also has to be noted on the card.

I know it's a few hoops to deal with. Just have your stuff ready when you go fishing. I would recommend bringing a few note cards along and a felt marker.

Lastly, if you get a brute please take a seperate trophy picture to share.

Good luck everyone!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Wed May 11, 2011 1:29 pm

With the weather being what it is going to be for the first week it's going to be touchy for a couple lakes. Remains to be seen if they turn on enough in some of the lakes. Some lakes and ponds are already producing.
Tom.

Interests: living

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Thu May 12, 2011 6:27 am

Amx wrote:With the weather being what it is going to be for the first week it's going to be touchy for a couple lakes. Remains to be seen if they turn on enough in some of the lakes. Some lakes and ponds are already producing.
LOL Just saw the news, weather, todays high temp was a new record for this date, coldest high temp. Looks like heading to E WA might be a better bet. Just starting this bass targeting, wheh, up hill battle. It'll be a fun adventure looking for rarely targeted waters. I have managed to catch 2 dinks here in a couple westside lakes. Looking forward to that first 14"+ bass.
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

rjn cajun
Captain

Post by rjn cajun » Thu May 12, 2011 1:06 pm

MarkFromSea wrote:
Amx wrote:With the weather being what it is going to be for the first week it's going to be touchy for a couple lakes. Remains to be seen if they turn on enough in some of the lakes. Some lakes and ponds are already producing.
LOL Just saw the news, weather, todays high temp was a new record for this date, coldest high temp. Looks like heading to E WA might be a better bet. Just starting this bass targeting, wheh, up hill battle. It'll be a fun adventure looking for rarely targeted waters. I have managed to catch 2 dinks here in a couple westside lakes. Looking forward to that first 14"+ bass.
Your gonna need to look ahead alot further for that first 14" bass.:-" Don`t think going east is gonna help you out eithe. I think it`s been just as bad there as here. Although I`ve seen some nice reports.

basser90
Warrant Officer

Post by basser90 » Thu May 12, 2011 4:02 pm

I'll be East next week also. Whitestone and Palmer for 5 days after Silver this weekend. With Banks and Washington sprinkled in. Should be a fun 2 weeks. Don't be to discouraged with the weather. I feel the bites been pretty good as of late.