Lamiglass XMG 50

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
flinginpooh
Captain

RE:Lamiglass XMG 50

Post by flinginpooh » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:37 pm

Well you lucky people. I have 5 kids over here, and another one thats not even mine staying here. (my wifes 16yo cousin) So for me to get out as much as I do is a blessing. I fish 1-2 times a week. Would I like to fish more. Look at what I just said 6kids total and a wife, not to mention 2 cats and 2 dogs. Id love to fish more. Simple fact is I cant get everything I want. I have to except the lessons I give to my kids as well. I applaude those that have the ability to get out on the water anytime they want. Ill just keep on hitting it when I can and try for limits when I get out. Tight lines.
More fish please!

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:19 pm

scott080379 wrote:The wife was going to let me spend the money on one last year and I didn't jump on it. Played with a few of there rods....amazing.
Did you happen to like the short or long extra stiff rod? Maybe short or long limp rod? I know Jens alwasy prefer the extra long and extra stiff rod, he brags about that alot.

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:31 pm

[quote="flinginpooh"]Well you lucky people. I have 5 kids over here, and another one thats not even mine staying here. (my wifes 16yo cousin) So for me to get out as much as I do is a blessing. I fish 1-2 times a week. Would I like to fish more. Look at what I just said 6kids total and a wife, not to mention 2 cats and 2 dogs. Id love to fish more. Simple fact is I cant get everything I want. I have to except the lessons I give to my kids as well. I applaude those that have the ability to get out on the water anytime they want. Ill just keep on hitting it when I can and try for limits when I get out. Tight lines.[/quote

You know I don't know how you do it with 6 kids at home. I have 2 kids and they drive me insane somtimes. I just wish they were old enough for me to take them fishing then I can keep more fish. But you know in all seriousness, I think it would be nice to have that $500 rod, but you have to think feeding 8 mouths is more important than having that Bentley Rod. I used to fish with a pinto rod from Walmart and I've learned alot and now that I know how to drive and I can afford a Mercedes and I am happy with it and that's all it matters. It will only bother me if Jens gets one and you know how he will brag about driving a Bentely, it will never stop.

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:51 pm

flinginpooh wrote:Well you lucky people. I have 5 kids over here, and another one thats not even mine staying here. (my wifes 16yo cousin) So for me to get out as much as I do is a blessing. I fish 1-2 times a week. Would I like to fish more. Look at what I just said 6kids total and a wife, not to mention 2 cats and 2 dogs. Id love to fish more. Simple fact is I cant get everything I want. I have to except the lessons I give to my kids as well. I applaude those that have the ability to get out on the water anytime they want. Ill just keep on hitting it when I can and try for limits when I get out. Tight lines.
Good Lord Pooh. I have just 2 kids (not old enough to take along) and I struggle to get out for a couple hours at a time once or twice a month! 6 kids!.....they'd have to commit me. :salut: :shaking2:

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:17 pm

jens wrote:
Bodofish wrote:All I can add is everybody gets a bad blank in on occasion. No reason to say one brand or another is junk. All the big names have good warrantees and stand by thier products. Have them replace it. Personally I'm a Lami guy, you can keep your G's and Fethas, they don't feel right to me.

PS if you liked the fetha stix rods in the past don't bother with them anymore. See Jim @ XRods......
Jim is a class act, met him over the weekend.
What are these xrods I've been hearing about? Where do I find 'em online or in store?

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:23 pm

More fish please!

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:17 pm

natetreat wrote:
jens wrote:
Bodofish wrote:All I can add is everybody gets a bad blank in on occasion. No reason to say one brand or another is junk. All the big names have good warrantees and stand by thier products. Have them replace it. Personally I'm a Lami guy, you can keep your G's and Fethas, they don't feel right to me.

PS if you liked the fetha stix rods in the past don't bother with them anymore. See Jim @ XRods......
Jim is a class act, met him over the weekend.
What are these xrods I've been hearing about? Where do I find 'em online or in store?
No stores, just the factory/shop in Redmond across from Unisea
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!