Introduce Your Pet

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
smokum
Petty Officer

RE:Introduce Your Pet

Post by smokum » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:12 pm

Here's my MUTT, Kobi. Ya oughta see him with a 10# channel cat in the boat, he thinks he's 130# of fighting machine!

And a pretty good boat driver too!

Awwwwwwww, darnit, can't seem to get it right tonight.
Attachments

[The extension bmp has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never let the TRUTH get in the way of a good fish story!!

salmonslayer117
Commander

Post by salmonslayer117 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:13 pm

Well, I suppose I'll throw in on this one too. Here's a pic of my little mutt shadow. He's mostly toy rat terrier with a touch of min-pin. He's a great little dog with a huge bark that thinks he's a bird dog but really has no chance. It's kinda funny watchin' him in the backyard chasing the crows. He's come pretty close a time or two but I think he'd just end up gettin' shredded.
Attachments
shadow.jpg
shadow.jpg (32.61 KiB) Viewed 3157 times
When times get tough, just keep on fishin'!!!

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:16 pm

Animals never cease to amaze me.

Our cat Bailey was in the kitchen this evening constantly bugging me for attention. She sat in front of the kitchen counter and kept meowing for 15 minutes. In one of the draws where we keep the phone book, we have her first collar (kitten collar) that for some reason she still loves 10 years later. Finally, after her bugging me to death, out of frustration I said, "What!!!!" "Do you want your kitten collar!!!" She meowed again. I opened the drawer and said "There, now go put it in Boz's (our other cat) dish!" She jumped up on the counter, got into the drawer, grabbed the collar, jumped down and ran into the other room carrying the collar in her mouth. About an hour later I went into the bathroom where we keep their dishes on the counter (to keep the dogs out of the cat food) and sure enough, there was the collar, in Boz's dish.
Bailey immediately had settled down after that.........go figure.:scratch:
Attachments
Kitten_Collar_1_2.JPG
Kitten_Collar_1_2.JPG (125.35 KiB) Viewed 3126 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:50 am

As mentioned before.

Sugar (cat)
Max (Chessie)
Blizzard (Lhasa apso)

No adding two new additions to the family.

Rosie and Ginger. Miniature Horses. Not sure of the specific breed.

Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:52 pm

Here is my pooch Cairo aka "Bestdogever" as I call him. He also goes by "Tyrone" which is his ghetto name, he's pretty "hard" LOL!

"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:51 pm

Pradeep wrote:Here's a new pic of Zeeker dog. 1 year old now.

Holly crap. Thats almost as big as either of my horses... Speaking of that.

I have 5 new additions to the family. 2 horses and 3 kittens.

Mr Tibbs

Ally

Sweet Pea

Rosie, Ginger and... Max about to get kicked by Ginger. (He's ok)

We still have Sugar and Blizzard but Pounce, who was never pictured here, passed away.

Sugar Britches, Blizzard and Max
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

p.t.
Warrant Officer

Post by p.t. » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:37 pm

Proudly introduing Bobby ---

dicinu
Commander

Post by dicinu » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:38 pm

kevinb wrote:Do kids count?
I have a collection of fish. I love home aquariums and I'm in the very begining stages of putting a pond together.
At some point I'd like to get a dog but fish are currently my only pets at this time
thats funny about the aquariums I am getting out of reef tanks now my babies are my last fish sitting in my 240 in the garage hawaiian black trigger yellow tang orange shoulder and mata tangs left then they will all come down for a long while... as i been spending too much time on my other hobby fishing and I am gone most all weekends.

only other pet is my chacha a little chocolate chihuahua. sencond best dog I ever owned first best was my pittbull who I took boar hunting in south carolina before she passed
Proud member of http://www.WAGUNS.ORG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Proud Member of http://www.washingtonlakes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

follow my blog http://washintgonstatefishing.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

guitarfisher
Petty Officer

Post by guitarfisher » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:42 am

My loyal companion, Choco-Boy-Roy, a.k.a. Pootz.
Attachments
Roy_Resized_3.jpg
Roy_Resized_3.jpg (33.44 KiB) Viewed 3173 times
Roy_Resized_2.jpg
Roy_Resized_2.jpg (220.99 KiB) Viewed 3174 times
Roy_Resized_1.jpg
Roy_Resized_1.jpg (108.63 KiB) Viewed 3174 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff

“I am haunted by waters.”--Norman Maclean

goodtimesfishing
Captain

Post by goodtimesfishing » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:11 am

#-o I have tried and put pics of my pets here but am doing something wrong. what are the steps to get pics to this page?#-o

figured it out.:geek:
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:35 am

I can't believe I haven't seen this thread before. Here are Dexter & Oliver. Half Terrier & half Australian Shepherd.

And Her Royal Highness; Cybil.

Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Where you go is less important than how you get there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:05 am

goodtimesfishing wrote:#-o I have tried and put pics of my pets here but am doing something wrong. what are the steps to get pics to this page?#-o
the 1st part you've done already..

Hit "Add Reply"
Enter text
Hit "Post"

Now, look at your post - on the top-right there are options - the 1st one is "Attach"

Click it

Then find and upload your pic

Note: Big pics don't work well and if too big will show up as a link - try to compress them to around 100kb (I try to get em even down to around 50kb).
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

goodtimesfishing
Captain

Post by goodtimesfishing » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:10 am

Meet Oreo and Blue, they are best buds.
Attachments
pics_from_nikon_138_Large.jpg
pics_from_nikon_138_Large.jpg (112.48 KiB) Viewed 3147 times
pics_from_nikon_034_Large.jpg
pics_from_nikon_034_Large.jpg (81.57 KiB) Viewed 3147 times
pics_from_nikon_171_Large.jpg
pics_from_nikon_171_Large.jpg (89.2 KiB) Viewed 3148 times

Racer
Warrant Officer

Post by Racer » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:06 pm

This is Fritz. He is seven yrs old. Half pug and half something. He is just alittle spoiled around here.
Attachments
IMG_2171_Small.JPG
IMG_2171_Small.JPG (79.79 KiB) Viewed 3128 times
IMG_1486_Small.JPG
IMG_1486_Small.JPG (47.87 KiB) Viewed 3128 times
IMG_1472_Small.JPG
IMG_1472_Small.JPG (81.97 KiB) Viewed 3128 times

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:56 pm

My friend holding my bally python...His name is JoJo [biggrin]
Attachments
its_safe_to_play_with_snakes.jpg
its_safe_to_play_with_snakes.jpg (413.33 KiB) Viewed 3060 times
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

guitarfisher
Petty Officer

Post by guitarfisher » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:24 pm

Hey Matt, I recognize the gunnel in that top pic of Cairo. That would explain why Roy did some serious sniff-investigation when I put him in the boat the first time (that and all the residual fish artifacts). [laugh]
Jeff

“I am haunted by waters.”--Norman Maclean

'OL GREY DOG
Commander

Post by 'OL GREY DOG » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:44 am

DOG'S CLAN...the muts are out of the same Heeler *****....Tuff Hedderman the big 1's dad was bill the biggest arnriest stink'nest cow work'nest border collie i ever met...tuff goes bout 75 lbs...the little guy is Dog (the Duke got away with it) his dad was a nasssty lil red Heeler ...he comes in at about 45 lbs...at about 12 weeks he attacked a 350 lb sow hog that was escape'n...pounced on her was stuck to face chew'n the heck out of her as she ran away..kinda timid/shy that 1...the cat is Rucas the bob tail siamese cross ...hang'n in his cage that he can access through the window if its opened a crack...the mob in the other pic is the wife try'n to get Mad Jack and his ladies to hold still for a shot....Jack's got most of his weight back on after the rut...about 230 lbs or so (i havent try'd to pick him up in a few years).....TIGHT LINES 'N STRONG KNOTTS YA'LL...DOG
Attachments
the_dogs.jpg
the_dogs.jpg (266.41 KiB) Viewed 3049 times
Mad_Jack.jpg
Mad_Jack.jpg (214.84 KiB) Viewed 3090 times
Ruckus.jpg
Ruckus.jpg (307.15 KiB) Viewed 3049 times
the_dog.jpg
the_dog.jpg (190.69 KiB) Viewed 3087 times
the_dogs.jpg
the_dogs.jpg (266.41 KiB) Viewed 3049 times

'OL GREY DOG
Commander

Post by 'OL GREY DOG » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:52 am

hmmmppffff...THE OTHERS

Attachments
Ruckus.jpg
Ruckus.jpg (307.15 KiB) Viewed 3068 times
the_dogs.jpg
the_dogs.jpg (266.41 KiB) Viewed 3072 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:06 am

Hehehehe gotta love the goats..... Here's Waldo. He's Cashmere and some dary.......

Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:43 am

Marc Martyn wrote:You've got a fine looking Beagle there Fishinislife! I have two, Bo (Boregard) and Artie. Bo is the slim and trim one and Artie is the little round boy. They are both great dogs. You are right about Beagles, Fishinislife. Once they get a scent, they revert to smell only and shut off the hearing. They indeed are GONE. In the customs department at the Auckland, NZ airport they use Beagles to search for fruit coming into the country. They go down the line of people waiting to go through customs. If the dog smells fruit, it sits down next to the person carrying the fruit. My wife was standing in line and the cute little Beagle came up to her and sat down beside her. The customs officer asked to have the fruit she had in her purse. My wife had sliced up some apples and ate them on the plane. She put the empty zip lock bag back in her purse. Busted! Although the bag was empty and closed, the Beagle scented that she had apples in her purse. Totally Amazing.

Bo is the oldest. He is a laid back thinker. I got Artie while going into Color Tile in Spokane to pick up some tile for a job. A guy was in there with him and I commented that I had a Beagle also. He said that he and his wife were going over seas to do missionary work and they couldn't take him with them. I asked him how much he wanted for him and he said nothing, just a good home for him. Done deal. Of all the four legged kids we have, Artie is the permanent adolescent. He is constantly into one thing or another, but he sure is a lovable guy. He is also on a diet that he does not care for at all. He is loosing weight, but it come off slow for him.

The other kids are Bailey (Missy) and Boz our cats. Missy (white & gray) is the queen of the house and we serve in her court. Sweetest little cat that I have ever seen. Boz (black) is our Panther. Boz loves to visit, however, he always seems to get the last word in.

The house would seem awfully empty without them. They all bring a great deal of joy to us.
The last few days have been pretty tough. Last Thursday, I had to lay my little buddy "Bo" to rest on my mother-in-laws property out by Greenbluff. He was 13 years old. For the last couple of years he suffered from periodic epileptic seizures. This is somewhat common in Beagles. The last several months they increased in frequency and intensity. It came to the point where the medications were not helping anymore. Even though it was hard to do, it was the only thing we could do to give him relief. We still have the others, but it is still hard.
Attachments
resource-1.jpg
resource-1.jpg (29.09 KiB) Viewed 3055 times