How many different lures/baits do you have in your tackle box for Bass?

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
MikeFishes
Commander

How many different lures/baits do you have in your tackle box for Bass?

Post by MikeFishes » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:39 pm

I'll try fishing for anything, so I have a lot of various different things in my tackle box. I have stuff for Trout, Bass, Bluegill and Crappie. But I don't have a lot of choices for just one (probably the most for Trout). All I have for bass is some Yum Dinger worms, a couple of Extrude curly grubs, one rapala, and a few odds and ends I got from Basspro on a 5 lures for $10 deal. How many different lures/baits do you have?

Lyndon
Petty Officer

RE:How many different lures/baits do you have in your tackle box for Bass?

Post by Lyndon » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:28 am

I would probably Have to say that I have atleast 40 lures for bass and a whole gallon bag of trailers,skirts and a whole bunch of grubs its enough to probably last a year. Its kinda pathetic but not to me cuz fishin is my favorite thing to do and I like to know I have all my options open just incase. 90% of my lures are for bass because and the est is random stuff for like stealhead and salmon and little blue gills on the occasions where you cant get anything to save your life. I have spinnerbaits,jigs,buzzbaits,rapalas,senkos,poppers,spro frogs,crankbaits pretty much everything I can think of. I use all this and never catch big bass so I am resorting to just jigs for now to try to catch the monster im looking for. Anyway I sound like a girl bragging about the new clothes that she just bought lol. There is what I got in my arsenal.

islandbass
Commander

Post by islandbass » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:19 am

I don't have much personally and actually fish with a minimalist philosphy. Most of my lures can fit in my backpack and one little BASS satchel. I have come to learn some colors have been more productive for me than others and after reading the book, "What Fish See", has really helped to save me from buying things that are more likely to catch us anglers vs. fish.

I probably have about 40 lures myself and a few bags of plastics.

Oh yead. Aside from budget restraints, the minimalist approach is more a result of being shore bound. Carrying around 2-4 rods, a backpack, and a satchel can get tiresome walking through the brush.:bounce:
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Basshunter046
Warrant Officer

Post by Basshunter046 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:49 am

Well I have a tackle box for every different fish that I'm after,,
a double sided plano for steelheading
another one the same for just trout
and again just for walleye
and for Bass well I have two different Bass bags that carry 6 plano boxes, which of the 12, each has different lures and styles in each. example one is just full of finess worms. another is full of spinner baits, ect.ect. That's what happens when I use to fish tournements a few years ago. Its a long story why I'm not doing it now but here in the future hope to get back into it.

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:53 am

Bass gear composes more than 90% of my tackle. My primary box has 4 large drawers and a top bin that collects the overflow. It is organized (can you believe it) as follows.

Upper Bin: About 30 bags of various soft plastic worms,tubes,creatures, and trailers; one partial spool of line; 4 small compartment boxes with worm hooks and weights; a digital scale; a couple tools; and some misc.

The first drawer: Topwater minnows, countdown minnows, various poppers and chuggers

Second drawer: A variety of plastic frogs, chatterbaits, and some weird weedless topwaters

Third drawer: Crankbaits and Rat-L-Traps

Fourth drawer: Jigs, jig heads, and grubs

I carry a seperate spinnerbait box with around 40 spinnerbaits.

If fishing from the shore, I carry a soft tackle bag with pretty much the same things as my big box just not as many options for color or sizes because my primary box weighs as much as a deep cycle battery which really wears on me if I have to walk and cast all day.

I have seperate boxes for trout and for panfish. o:)

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:06 am

This thread is HUMOR for the owners of Bass pro shops and Goes ..lol .. I have alot more than what a working class guy really needs to fish two days out the week .. and yet and still i find myself going to the tackle store atleast once a week ..I mainly just replenish my hooks, weights, and plastics .. as for everything else bundles !! i have over 75 crankbaits (all strike king) / i have about 20 different jerk baits (ten luckycrafts) / and thats really all i care to disclose without getting depressed about the amount of $ i have invested in tackle and gear .. get this my wife says hey sweatheart did you just spend like 40 bucks @ the tackle store , and i replie with yess .. and she goes and when you catch bass all you do is take a pic and throwing them back , and i said yess .. then she says so if i ordered a lobster dinner and took a pic of of my plate and then tell the waitress to just throw it away what would be the difference ? So i say well i bet you didnt wake up a 4 am in the morning , lose sleep the night before just to get that picture did you !! THE LOOK I GOT FOR THAT REMARK was a worth a pic !!:-& lol BBD .. KEEP HOPE ALIVE !!! LOL ...

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

sommysom
Petty Officer

Post by sommysom » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:44 am

get this my wife says hey sweatheart did you just spend like 40 bucks @ the tackle store , and i replie with yess .. and she goes and when you catch bass all you do is take a pic and throwing them back , and i said yess .. then she says so if i ordered a lobster dinner and took a pic of of my plate and then tell the waitress to just throw it away what would be the difference ? So i say well i bet you didnt wake up a 4 am in the morning , lose sleep the night before just to get that picture did you !! THE LOOK I GOT FOR THAT REMARK was a worth a pic !!:-& lol BBD .. KEEP HOPE ALIVE !!! LOL ...[/quote]

LMAO.......that was a good one BBD!

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:54 am

The $$$ of bass fishing works well at our house. I don't bark over the hair appointments, the nail appointments, the tanning, or the other shopping stuff. Seriously, she is very liberal concerning my bass addiction. Hey, she even bought me my 14' Jonboat as a surprise Father's Day gift this summer. She's awesome!

bpm2000
Captain

Post by bpm2000 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:57 am

jesus i dont even want to know how much crap i have.

leahcim_dahc
Commander

Post by leahcim_dahc » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:15 pm

Various assorted Rooster Tails...a few generic one's from Wal-Mart, as well...which coincidentally are going to meet a horrible and tragic end soon, because they're junk. A couple salt tubes my dad made, and a handful of curly tail grubs. Not much, really...plenty of room for expansion and experimentation.

Chad
Chad

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln, 1809-1865

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:19 pm

cavdad45 wrote:The $$$ of bass fishing works well at our house. I don't bark over the hair appointments, the nail appointments, the tanning, or the other shopping stuff. Seriously, she is very liberal concerning my bass addiction. Hey, she even bought me my 14' Jonboat as a surprise Father's Day gift this summer. She's awesome!

Your my new role model !! does she have any sisters ..lol ...seriously my wife is cool with the tackle expense just can't get a darn boat till we buy a house first !! so i gotta sign my life away on a 400k house just to get a 15k rig ..DO THE MATH !!! but yet my mom says she didnt raise no fool !! im so confused...
#-o ..CAUTION !! WARNING !! listen up you single guys , if you think bass fishing can be tuff sport , hook yourself a wife and lets see a report on that !!! BBD :-({|=

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:25 pm

I am not a huge bass fisherman but I cant pass up a deal when I see one. I have a tackle or 2 for every species. I have been collecting tackle since I started fish and I got all of my fathers tackle and all of his fathers tackle and all my great grand fathers tackle. All the old stuff is probably worth $ and out dated so I dont use that. But I have 2 tackle boxes of plugs and a Flambeua 2 part tackle bag with plastics in it.

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:01 pm

Bigbass Dez wrote:
cavdad45 wrote:The $$$ of bass fishing works well at our house. I don't bark over the hair appointments, the nail appointments, the tanning, or the other shopping stuff. Seriously, she is very liberal concerning my bass addiction. Hey, she even bought me my 14' Jonboat as a surprise Father's Day gift this summer. She's awesome!

Your my new role model !! does she have any sisters ..lol ...seriously my wife is cool with the tackle expense just can't get a darn boat till we buy a house first !! so i gotta sign my life away on a 400k house just to get a 15k rig ..DO THE MATH !!! but yet my mom says she didnt raise no fool !! im so confused...
#-o ..CAUTION !! WARNING !! listen up you single guys , if you think bass fishing can be tuff sport , hook yourself a wife and lets see a report on that !!! BBD :-({|=
BBD, get the house and then every few years you can get a new boat. Think REFI:-"
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:37 pm

I have way too many bass lures !!!
aka Powerworm

EdmondsBassMan
Warrant Officer

Post by EdmondsBassMan » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:46 pm

I would say 90% is all bass gear and some other stuff for,trout,salmon and then the generic stuff that can be used in various applications. I also have saltwater taclke for Stripe Bass, Bluefish,Fluke and Flounder but that is back East in storage. Don't think I'll be needing out here! I as well probably have way more than needed considering I have my go to stuff that for the most part always works. So most of the other stuff is to fill up that box. I gonna find a wife that comes with a boat and a tackle store then I'll wake up!! LOL
WORK IS FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO FISH!

EdmondsBassman AKA Jerz Jay

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:26 pm

BBD...you're killin me once again my friend. My wifes wondering why I'm laughing, I just said "nevermind".

My gear is broken up into 4 groups, mainly bass stuff. I have a small amount of spoons and crappie jigs, but not much. I'm a bass geek for sure.

I've got my Dad's 25 yr. old Plano 8 drawer "suitcase" size tackle box FULL of all bass lures. Then I have my "family" tackle box that I use when I take the kids out. It's got the trout stuff in it (all the stinky crap in the jars) then I have my pontoon boat boxes with a variety of bass lures and plastics. Lastly, I've got some small boxes for my backpack, again, all bass stuff. Probably totally over 100 lures and at least 500 worms / grubs.

"He who dies with the most lures wins"!!!!! My 5 year old daughter already asks to go to the fishing store...(I'm tearing up)....

I'm on a $50 a month "fishing" budget (allowance). It's automatically put into a separate account so we don't ever argue about me buying "MORE FISHING CRAP" (direct quote). It's cool, cause if I want a new rod, reel or even a small boat or something like that. I just save up and get it. I would highly suggest this to all you married guys. It's working for us. Word of advise for all you single guys out there....be upfront about your love for fishing BEFORE you get married and buy your boat NOW. My Mom and Dad honeymooned in a bass boat....how cool is that.

God Bless our troops, keep them in your thoughts and prayers.
God Bless our brave men and women fighting to preserve our way of life!!!

CK14
Lieutenant

Post by CK14 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:29 am

all i know is i have WAY to much stuff. WAY TO MUCH!!!

bob johansen
Commander

Post by bob johansen » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:36 am

I don't even know how many tackle boxes, cardboard boxes and etc. full of all kinds of lures. Got lots of free stuff when I was a member of Northwest Outdoor Writers Assn. That being said, I could be very happy bass fishing with one casting rod attached to a black jig with a black-blue trailer and one spinning rod attached to a size 11 floating Rapala.
A nice bass is too valuable a resource to enjoy catching only once.

Fishing adds years to your life and life to your years - Homer Circle