question about fishing lake union

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Cmoney2198
Petty Officer

question about fishing lake union

Post by Cmoney2198 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:12 am

Hello everyone,
I have a smaller 9.6ft bass tracker( 40lb minn kota) and was intrested in fishing lake union. My first question is; Is this even possibile in a smaller craft such as mine? and secondly; if possible where can i launch this thing with out having to motor long distances to fish.

Thanks for your time

Chris

ChrisB
Captain

RE:question about fishing lake union

Post by ChrisB » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:32 am

I think there is a launch in Union, but I am not sure. Someone will reply soon and let you know.
As for your boat, its perfectly safe in IMO. Just wear your life jacket and don't drive out in the middle. Lake Union is all no wake I believe, even though I've seen people break that law. If you are fishing around the house boats you shouldn't be in the wind or waves too bad. I have launched my 9 foot plastic boat from Coulon and fished all the way up to the Barbie Mill at the time, then drove back.
Be smart and you'll be fine.
aka Powerworm

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:59 am

You have a great idea. Google maps this address: 2352 N Northlake Way, Seattle, WA. This is an approximate address.
There are two free launches right about here that are good for hand launch boats. Actually I think the bigger one may let you launch be trailer, but your boat sounds like a cartopper. When you use Google maps... try and use the the little man that you place on the map. This will give you actual camera photos of the launch. If you have any trouble figuring this out just PM me. It is a little hard to explain.
There is another launch that is located right by the Fred Meyer in Ballard. This launch is a trailer launch, of course hand lauch is fine too. Parking for trailers.... I don't remember a charge for this one, but I would think there must some sort of 6 buck charge by now. But the ones that you want to take advantage of are the first two Imentioned. They are stealth in and out. and close to all the bassing areas. Remember though that there is no fishing allowed from "Floatable devices" - boats-- within the ship canal. But hammer those house boat docks. Let me know if you need better directions.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

basser90
Warrant Officer

Post by basser90 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:23 am

Ya, free launch is next to the Seattle Yaught Club. If you trailer get their early for parking can be tough. Good access to good fishing