STOLEN BOAT MOTOR

Have extra equipment just lying around? Need a larger boat or want to sell your current one? Post an ad in our Classifieds forum for swift results. Please, private parties only, no businesses (business please e-mail WL.com for advertising options.
SoDakboy
Petty Officer

STOLEN BOAT MOTOR

Post by SoDakboy » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:16 pm

I found out today that my 2009 Mercury 9.9 tiller outboard was stolen. If you come across a motor with Serial # OR302239 call the police. I live in Bremerton so I assume if someone tries to sell it, it will be in the Kitsap or Mason county area.

jd39
Commander

Re: STOLEN BOAT MOTOR

Post by jd39 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:22 pm

Urghh, hate hearing this. Did you have insurance? I'll keep an eye out on Craiglists, always browsing it for this or that. My buddy had his stolen but the police believe that a buyer was already lined up since it was a fairly well planned operation (they got it done in a narrow window of opportunity) and it never showed on CR...dirt bags all.

SoDakboy
Petty Officer

Post by SoDakboy » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:49 pm

It was on a 12' zodiac, which I normally kept in the backyard. It was in the driveway because I've been using it all summer (quicker to hook up). In the backyard it was hard to see from the street, so I judged not to get insurance since all in all it was only worth about $2500.

I guess if their parents taught them not to take other people's things, then the lesson didn't stick. Some people's kids...

Jerry H
Warrant Officer

Post by Jerry H » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:56 pm

Check your home owners insurance. It may cover at least part of it.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:34 am

Meth heads! It's gone to a fence and it's on it's way to the Mid West at least. You might get lucky with an ad on CL from Portland or Boise. Really sorry about that! It really stings. I've said on here many times, never leave the motor unattended for more than a couple minutes. That's a grab and go item, under a minute and it's gone. Get a motor cart and keep it in the garage when you're not underway. I had to learn the hard way too.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

rappuhd
Petty Officer

Post by rappuhd » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:53 pm

I second checking your home insurance. I had my motor stolen last year and thought I was out of luck since it was not insured. Called USAA who my homeowners is through and they ended up covering it.